“Would be great if people were not hanging out in the parking lot...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Danville, PA

You added Red Roof Inn Danville, PA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Danville, PA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Red Roof Road, Danville, PA 17821   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Pittsburg, California
“Would be great if people were not hanging out in the parking lot...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

It breaks my heart to give this nice place a bad report, because the area and owners are super nice. However, they should really get people to stop hanging out in the parking lot smoking all day and making friends with anyone who drives up. Every time I went to my room, we had to deal with the guy next door drinking beer at 8am in the morning on a beach chair outside his room, smoking, playing the stereo and greeting anyone and everyone who came by. It was more than friendly, it was assaultive and intrusive. The smokey joe bbg outside the door should have been a tip off. Never saw so many people all hanging out, smoking, staring and talking to strangers as much as this place. Very strange. The room and location, though, was great. Just dont plan on not making friends in the parking lot as you come and go. :0

Room Tip: stay away from any room with ashtrays and bbqs and beach chairs in front..,.,
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am very sorry you were disturbed by other guests in our parking lot. Unfortunately we cannot always control the actions of other guests. Your feedback is very important to us. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Clean rooms,good rates,and right on the freeway. We thought the staff was very friendly,asking if we needed anything. Overall very good hotel. Next time in PA. We will stay here again. Thanks for the great service.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. Your positive comments are an inspiration to our entire team. I am glad to hear you found our rooms to be clean, our rates a good value and our staff friendly. We look forward to serving you again.
Lyndhurst, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on the way to New York City. Booked via Priceline.com's mobile app, and got a rate similar to booking directly. Check-in was smooth, with a very friendly front desk agent, who was willing to go the extra mile to make us feel welcome.

The reason it gets such a high rating from me is that for the price, the service and the value were exactly where they needed to be. A clean and comfortable room with no frills, and friendly faces at check-in and check out.

This property is near Knoebels, an amazing amusement park, and for anyone traveling there on a budget, I would suggest this inn. Just remember that it is a basic lodging property, without any of the bells and whistles you might find at moderate or higher end hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Danville property, that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that our staff were friendly. I am very glad you also found us to be a great value. Your positive comments are an inspiration to our entire team and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I and our two daughters stayed over Memorial Day weekend 2013 from 5/25 to 5/27/13 at the Red Roof Inn. This was our first time staying at a Red Roof Inn and we had an overall good experience. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable and it was close in proximity to Knoebels Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA. The Wi-Fi connection was good and we had no issues connecting to the internet. You need to log into the Red Roof Inn's network after connecting you tablet or laptop.

The main reason that we traveled to Danville so that we could visit Knoebels which is about a 15 minute drive. There is a Friendly's Restaurant right next door to the Red Roof Inn and a McDonald's about 1 block away at the light. There was no continental breakfast that was offered, but we got breakfast at McDonald's while we were there.

I would recommend staying at this hotel. The price was right at about $ 66 per night including tax with a AAA discount.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. I am happy you found our rooms to be clean, our beds comfortable and our Wi-Fi efficient. We are the best value at the Danville exit. Positive guest feedback like yours is an inspiration to our entire team. Thank you again. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I got what I paid for- basic small room, clean well maintained, close to I 80. Checked in at 4:30pm requested a room on back side away from I 80- got some resistance from Matthew the clerk who claimed the hotel was full and he could not change my preassigned room. Since the parking lot was empty early in the day, I insisted. He finally relented and complied, but I should not need to work this hard for a simple request.

Room Tip: Back side away from the road is quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay. I am happy you found our location to be convenient from I-80 and your room to be clean and well maintained. I am sorry you had difficulty in obtaining a first floor room. First floor rooms are very much in demand every night. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and quiet. Flat-screen HD TV (somewhat dim, but clear picture). Good water pressure. The slowest WiFi ever: 14 kbs download speed, like a modem from the early 90's.

No pool, no fitness center, no free breakfast. But there is a Friendly's next door and a McDonald's across the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear you found your room to be clean, comfortable, quiet and a good value.. I am sorry if our Wifi was slow to react. We hope you will stay with us again and we look forward to better serving you in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Danville PA Red Roof Inn is very well managed and maintained. I love staying there one night each year in conjunction with my annual Ricketts Glen State Park waterfall hike. This Red Roof Inn is very clean, very quiet, and reasonably priced. In fact, it is actually value-priced compared to its nearby competitors. Right next door is a "Friendly's" Restaurant. All in all, I couldn't ask for anything more! I'm already looking forward to my next visit in May 2014.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your repeat business and positive comments! I am happy to hear you found our inn to be clean and quiet. I am also glad to hear you found the Red Roof Inn in Danviile to be value-priced. We greatly value your business year after year and look forward to serving you again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville, PA? Share your experiences!