“A lifesaver for campers in despair” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Danville, PA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Danville, PA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Red Roof Road, Danville, PA 17821   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
“A lifesaver for campers in despair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We found this hotel thru our cell phones as a last resort to being frozen to death in a tent near rickets glen. They were extremely friendly and cheap. A life saver seriously! If I ever visit Danville again I will definitely visit the Red Roof Inn again. There is no better place to stay then there's

• Stayed April 2013
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am glad we were able to economically meet your lodging needs and that you found our staff to be friendly. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bealeton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here at this Red Roof one night as we were driving south through Pennsylvania. The room we had was okay, but the place could use a bit of renovation. The rug was worn and the blanket on the bed was showing it's age. One of the wall lamp bulbs was burned out and my wife complained about the noisy heater. All that being said though, the bed itself was comfortable and the room was clean. There is a McDonald's directly across the street that was convenient for breakfast. Overall, I would say it is okay for a one night stay and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof in Danville. I am happy to hear you found your room to be clean and the bed comfortable. We are currently completing a renovation of all of our rooms. We are the best value here at the Danville exit and we look forward to serving you even better once our remodel is complete.
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very impressed with the cleanliness and the quality of attentiveness from the staff. All the employees from the front desk to the cleaning staff all have what we would term an "employer mentality". It is evident they are very proud of their particular Red Roof Inn. You can't beat the price for what you receive. Overall the best Red Roof Inn we have stayed in outside of a high tourist area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. I am very happy to hear you were impressed with the cleanliness of your room and the attentiveness of our staff. We do take pride in our rooms and our guest service. Positive feedback from our guests is an inspiration to all of our team. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Upon arriving at the Red Roof I come to find out that my reservation was for the next day. After one hour and thirty minutes and three phone calls to Hotels.com I finally had to cancel the reservations, because the red roof could not change the reservations and hotels.com would not or could not change the reservations.

Donna & Matt were very understanding and gave me a room at a comparable rate that I had. I can not thank them enough for being so considerate at a time when I was so vulnerable.

Room Tip: •Rooms on the back side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am glad that our staff were helpful and able to accomodate you after your dilemma with your on-line booking agent. I am also happy to know you enjoyed a quiet stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Bally, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My mom n i stayed here for a night, bc it was was close to the Hospital that my father was in. I was very satisfied with eveything! The morning of my Dads surgery, i tried to start my car, well to my surprise the battery was dead! I freaked out bc i had no way to the hospital. So i went to the Main Lobby n told them my situation n asked it anyone had jumper cables, low n behold... John Salad who works there, had jus bought cables for the Inn! If it wasn't for him i would of never made my Dad's surgery in time! God Bless him! And i can't thank you enough!!! N thank you Donna Martz for your politeness to my mom n i! I would also like to add that it's sooo AWESOME that u are Pet Friendly! I know that if i want my pet w/ me that i will be staying at Red Roof Inn!! Thanx again!!............Sincerly, Pamela Frazier P.s...The coffe was awesome, tasted great, n was fresh! Im a all day everyday coffee drinker n u guys beat mc ds coffee!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. I am happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay and that you were able to bring your pet with you. I am glad you enjoyed our coffee and that our staff was polite and helpful. Your positive comments are an inspiration to our entire team. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location near the highway, but still very quiet private and safe. Amazingly friendly and accommodating staff. I stayed while relocating for work, so my dog was with me. Pet friendly! The room was very clean and updated, also included a flat screen TV. You can tell everyone who works here really takes pride in the establishment. My hat is off to you, Inn #10. This is the quality that I thought had been lost in the hotel industry. I will be recommending and will go out of my way to stay again. Thanks, again. -Quin

• Stayed March 2013
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. I am glad to hear you had a great stay and found our inn to be convenient and quiet, and our staff to be friendly and accomodating. Positive feedback from our guests is an inspiration to all of our team. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof Inn and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Shawnee On Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've stayed here twice and it is a good value in the area, if a little needy of some room renovations. No serious complaints and I keep coming back. One thing to watch for: there will be a notice on the check-in agreement you sign telling you there is a $1.50 charge per day for the room wall safe. In the room there will be a sticker on the wall safe saying this is "nominal charge" that will be added to your bill each day for this "valuable convenience" and that you can ask for it to be removed when you check out (if you remember). I've been to hotels all over the world with free room wall safes and this charge, right her in little Danville, PA, is a first. What kind of convoluted owner logic thinks guests won't be turned off by this sneaky attempt to extract another buck and a half a day? It says a lot about the owners and it is not good. I like the Red Roofs for cleanliness, convenience, and honesty value. But I think whoever franchises this one should be booted out of the chain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, PA, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you like Red Roof Inns for cleanliness, convenience and value. We take many steps to ensure that our guests are notified of the in-room safe fee, including a sign at our front desk, as well as a disclosure on the registration card which we ask each guest to read and initial. We want to insure every guest that stays with us is aware of this amenity and can decide in the privacy of their room whether or not to use the safe. If the safe is not used, we happily remove the fee off of your bill. Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville, PA? Share your experiences!