“Beer and lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Old Forge Brewing Company is a fun, casual, comfortable brewpub specializing in healthy pub fare and fresh brewed beer.Our country was built on the skills and labor of old-world artisanal craftsmen. Woodworkers, carpenters, stonemasons, ironworkers, blacksmiths, tileworkers, and many others came here and employed the knowledge and skills of their craft in building their farms, homes, and towns.Nowadays, it is so easy and convenient to purchase generic products from big-box stores, that we sometimes neglect to appreciate the uniqueness and quality of a hand-crafted product.At Old Forge Brewing Company, we strive to honor personal craftsmanship. Our hand-crafted beer is made in small batches to ensure quality and peak freshness, while the healthy and delicious menu has ingredients sourced from local farms and markets wherever possible. Take the time to notice our bar, furniture, and fixtures which were all handcrafted by local wood and metal worker Keith Kocher (Lightstreet Custom Woodworking). Check out our unique tap handles carved and forged by local artist/sculptor J. Mark Irwin (Irwin Sculpture Studio), and our plates, bowls, and beer mugs, all hand-made by local potter Mike Hart (M. Hart Pottery).We welcome you to stop by and visit us on Mill Street in downtown Danville. Have a bite to eat, sip a fresh pint of beer, and enjoy the friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Leave your troubles on the doorstep and let us take care of the rest.
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
“Beer and lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Quick stop. Nitro beer a must. Egans bitter is superb. Wife had pit beef sandwich and I had the Rueben. She is the big foodie and liked hers. Didn't offer me a bite fyi. Mine she said was delicious and I agree. Have not been disappointed ever when visiting here. Glad I don't live closer as I would weigh much more.
Highly recommend

Newville, Pennsylvania
“Business Lunch No Beer, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ate a business lunch here, there was three of us. We ordered an appetizer and three different sandwiches. They have their own soda on tap which is a nice feature, one of our group tried it but after one glass switched to a coke product.

I ordered the sausage sandwich which was beer infused. The roll and sausage were good, I think the onion and peppers were okay too but since they were against the mustard they were overwhelmed. Maybe the kitchen got carried away with the mustard but it overpowered everything else and made what could of been a great sandwich just barely average. It should be noted we were also swatting at flies all throughout the time we were there.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food (but I don't drink beer so I can't help there)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I live in Danville, where most of the restaurants are national chains. And while they provide some pretty reliable meals, Old Forge is where we go when we want something artisinal and original. They only serve their own home brews (which my husband loves) and wines from local wineries (my choice), plus they make specialty homemade sodas.

They go the extra mile to produce special food, from their locally-made pretzel buns to the extra-spicy pickles they serve on the side.

The place can be a little loud (live music on Thursday nights, occasional family nights, and frequently loud groups of friends), so this isn't a great place to go for a romantic or quiet supper, but, otherwise, this is one of our favorite spots.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good beer, decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've been a fan of Old Forge for quite a while, since their quirky chopped up space. Since the move to the new, larger digs, the ambience became friendlier and happier looking. The beer continues to be exciting and there's always plenty of variety. I like to get the sampler, which come in multiples of 4 5-ounce glasses. (The Saison served in June '14 was outstanding.) The food isn't as exciting as the beer, but it works. We had clams cassino, burgers, French onion soup, and chili, which were a nice accompaniment to their brews, though not memorable. As other breweries in central PA, Old Forge could definitely use some fried food like calamari, shrimp, or even basic fries. I keep going back for the great beer, but not really for the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is now my favorite place to grab a bite to eat. I didn't try any beer on my visit, but I will the next time. The food was fresh and delish! Can't wait to come back!