“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Old Forge Brewing Company is a fun, casual, comfortable brewpub specializing in healthy pub fare and fresh brewed beer.Our country was built on the skills and labor of old-world artisanal craftsmen. Woodworkers, carpenters, stonemasons, ironworkers, blacksmiths, tileworkers, and many others came here and employed the knowledge and skills of their craft in building their farms, homes, and towns.Nowadays, it is so easy and convenient to purchase generic products from big-box stores, that we sometimes neglect to appreciate the uniqueness and quality of a hand-crafted product.At Old Forge Brewing Company, we strive to honor personal craftsmanship. Our hand-crafted beer is made in small batches to ensure quality and peak freshness, while the healthy and delicious menu has ingredients sourced from local farms and markets wherever possible. Take the time to notice our bar, furniture, and fixtures which were all handcrafted by local wood and metal worker Keith Kocher (Lightstreet Custom Woodworking). Check out our unique tap handles carved and forged by local artist/sculptor J. Mark Irwin (Irwin Sculpture Studio), and our plates, bowls, and beer mugs, all hand-made by local potter Mike Hart (M. Hart Pottery).We welcome you to stop by and visit us on Mill Street in downtown Danville. Have a bite to eat, sip a fresh pint of beer, and enjoy the friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Leave your troubles on the doorstep and let us take care of the rest.
Pennsylvania
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is now my favorite place to grab a bite to eat. I didn't try any beer on my visit, but I will the next time. The food was fresh and delish! Can't wait to come back!

Danville, Pennsylvania
“Great Brews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I really like Old Forge and have been here many times. It is a pub and it can be rowdy- so if you are looking for a quiet or romantic meal, go elsewhere. I generally share an appetizer with a friend, and have enjoyed every one we have tried. The pretzels are a definite favorite! Then we order two sandwiches and split them- the waitresses are always kind enough to cut items in half so this can be accomplished. The last time I had the Rachel and my friend selected the fish tacos- both were delicious!! We also really enjoy the great selection of beer as well as the regional wines. I am surprised by the negative reviews, as this place is a little gem in central Pennsylvania.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Sad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

On our yearly trip east we have aimed to stop in Danville because we've had such pleasant meals at BJ's. But they had a fire on Easter so we went to The Old Forge and it was awful. Wine was local, small glass, expensive and undrinkable. All the food was deep fried. Broccoli could not be cut with a knife. A table of crass LOUD men added to the terrible evening. Our waiter was as nice as could be and helpful too. But we will never go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Danville, Pennsylvania
“Great beer great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been here many many times since I live in the area. I only drink beer when I go to Old Forge, I'm not usually a big fan of beer. But their beer is so interesting and flavorful that I truly enjoy it. The food is delicious and flavorful and locally grown/ made. When friends visit, I always ask if they would like to go out to the "Brew Pub". A great hometown brewery and eating place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Very dissappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I went there and asked the server what the best thing on the menu was. He said the nachos were great. Should have been my fist clue. I asked how the ribeye was. He stated that their steaks are locally grown and handpicked and cut. I thought that sounded great so I ordered it. They brought, what was a large saucer, stuffed with the steak, steamed broccoli and roasted petit potatoes. Every time I tried to cut the steak, everything fell off. The veggies were undressed and unseasoned, completely tasteless. I asked for some sour cream which was brought out (charged extra for). The steak, while cooked perfectly was also tasteless and quite tough. I didn’t even finish half of it and asked for the bill. There was a $4 upcharge for ordering local beef. It was mentioned nowhere on the menu. Like I said, very disappointed. Will not ever go back. Oh, the wine comes in a 3-4 ounce glass and charge $7. It was good though.

• Visited May 2014