“We enjoyed our room. The hotel was clean, friendly, and...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Danville to your Saves list
Super 8 Danville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Sheraton Road, Danville, PA 17821   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Danville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

For the price, my expectations were already low, but even then I was disappointed. The room wasn't very clean (dust and debris in the corners), and there were stains on the sheets. I could live with those issues (I use a sleeping bag so I don't actually touch the bedding), but the motel is very close to Rt 80, which has heavy traffic all night. Although it was an unpleasant night, I didn't complain - I was tired and had an early appointment. On the plus side, the continental breakfast looked good and the lobby is beautiful. Plenty of parking. You can definitely save some money staying here, but be sure you're on the side facing away from the highway - and arrive early enough to switch rooms if it's not clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was a great Super 8. Normally I prefer Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inns, etc. but this hotel was modern, clean, and an unbelievable $40/nt rate which can't be beat. The front desk staff was helpful and accommodating. My room was quiet, and you could park right in front of it. Continental breakfast included. Parking lot was well lit, and as a single woman travelling with her dog, I felt safe.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A 4-star reception for a 2-star price (only $40!). The front desk actually called our room to see if we needed anything! There were Christmas cookies! Rooms fairly clean, tho' the heat was a bit noisy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

On a short trip I took recently, I came across this Super 8 as I was looking for a place to stay. Of the places I stayed on my trip, this was by far the best value. The price was excellent. The room was very clean and neat. The staff was excellent to work with, very polite and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is easy to get to following the signs off the expressway. I was really impressed as it's often hard to find a place this nice without paying a lot of money. Thanks Super 8 for a wonderful property!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PITTSBURGH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've stayed at this Super 8 every week for over 16 weeks in 2012. I have complained and complained about the Wifi service being at best flaky. It connects fine but then 1-2 minutes later it takes 5-15 minutes just to bring up the google home page. Even after logging at ticket with the 800 number on the room take on 11/14/12, I keep getting told it was escalated to their tier 3 support staff. I've called back 11/22, 11/25, 11/27, 12/9 and still nothing has been done - the wifi still is horrifically slow. An interesting point to note, in rooms with a working wired ethernet port the network is blazingly fast. I have documented this to the 800 support number and still no response. I have even told the front desk of the problems.

On the cleanliness rating, one week I checked into my room to find skid marks in the toilet! The rest of the room appeared clean except for this item....

On the TV, the two channel listings in the room (both different) - neither were correct. I had to call the desk to ask. I was told "oh they keep changing the channels" Even the front desk didn't have a correct channel line-up. She did know the HBO channel though!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

stammy, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I would like to take this time to thank you for your comments during your many stays. I am sorry to here that you had difficulties with our internet. As we recently purchased and upgraded our system to allow all types of mobile devices and computers to have the best access possible and that we have not had other unresolved issues, I am sorry to here that our Technical Services were not able to assist you. Please know that we continually work with our provider to always provide the best service that we can possibly provide.

My apologies that you experience housekeeping issues. It is always appreciated when constructive comments our provide, this allows us to continue to work on providing the best possible stay for all our guests. It is our hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Danville Area.
BRANCHBURG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

To whom...,

The front desk manager was my only contact the night of my arrival.The gentleman was cordial, friendly, helpful and knowledgable. He is definitely a credit to your organization.
And even though I had no contact with the cleaning staff I have to say they do a truly exemplary job and should be commended for their efforts.
The only oddity was the queen size headboard on the wall of our room which had two double beds. I'm also always amazed at the position of the shower head. The position is great for average size people such as myself, but my poor brother is 6'4" tall and so I'm certain his shower experience was not as comfortable as mine.
All in all it was a pleasant one night stay and I appreciate the entire staff at the Super 8 Danville for making our stay a positive one.

Thanks to all,

Pete Sharkey

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were able to assist you with all your needs while at the Danville Super 8. The staff pride themselves on providing excellent customer service, their goal is to make everyone feel at home and to enjoy their stay.

It is our hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Danville Area.

Been to Super 8 Danville? Share your experiences!