“Excellent B&B at any time of the year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cresson House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresson
Cresson House Bed & Breakfast
You added Cresson House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
417 Park Avenue, Cresson, PA   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cresson B&B and Inns
Burke, Virginia
“Excellent B&B at any time of the year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Cresson House while we were traveling through PA going to the Groundhog festival. The location is ideal for photographers and rail-fans alike who are looking to be close to train tracks, but not directly on top of them. My boyfriend is a photographer and enjoyed the town of Cresson for it's numerous outlook points of rail traffic. The inn-keepers, Marti and Steve were so accommodating with our travel schedule, whether it was an arrival time or when to serve breakfast, in light of a very snowy weekend. They kept the property clean and tidy inside and out. We stayed in the Prince Gallitzin Room and highly recommend it. We also had the opportunity to see a majority of the other rooms available and would have enjoyed any of the options!! It was an additional pleasure to have Marti sit with us during breakfast and share stories of how the business started and also get to know us as well. My boyfriend and I have been to several other B&B's and this has to be our favorite experience yet!! Will definitely stay here again when we come back to PA.

Room Tip: Prince Gallitzin Room was an excellent spacious room with a private bath. The shower might be a bit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Beautiful house, comfortable bedroom with a private bath and all of the amenities. Breakfast in the morning was just...perfect. Marti and Steve go the extra mile to make you feel at home! If you are traveling to this area and need accommodations, The Cresson House should be #1 on your list!!

• Stayed February 2013
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Cresson House for 3 nights recently and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hosts, Marti and Steve are so friendly and welcoming and they make every effort to be sure their guests are comfortable. The house was beautifully decorated for the Holidays and everything was spotlessly clean. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I’ve stayed at many B&B’s up and down the east coast over the last 25 years and this is by far the very best establishment. I am a very picky and clean-freakish person and I can honestly say that I have no problem walking around in my bare feet… which is something I would never dream of doing anywhere except in my own home. Everything… food, beds, furnishings, parking, everything was top quality. The owners are terrific. After talking to Marti on the phone arranging my stay and meeting her, I felt like I’ve known her all my life. She is so pleasant, full of personality, professional and humble… quite the beauty in many ways.
We’ve met some wonderful guest at the breakfast table that have left an imprint on my heart forever. Last August, 2011, Marti was able to accommodate my brother and his wife from California, my sister from Georgia, and my other two sisters from Virginia (I traveled from Tennessee) in the B&B. It was truly a family reunion since it had been 5 years since we last saw our CA brother and sister-in-law. I slept in a room with my wonderful sister, Carol, who died just 5 months later. It was a very special bonding for us and I am grateful for the comfortable surrounding that afforded us that time together. I happen to be driving tomorrow to stay at Marti’s and my sister and her husband are there from Georgia. The house is so centrally located that we can be in Altoona, Loretto, Ashville, Ebensburg, Patton and many other small towns in just 15 minutes.
Long story short, I can’t recommend a better place to stay than Cresson House Bed and Breakfast. It is 100% better than any hotel or motel in the entire area, guaranteed. They shall always have my business.

Room Tip: Every room is great and I've stayed in three of them.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Cresson House B&B has Beautiful decor, which is immaculately maintained, a great breakfast is served, and wonderful are the hosts! Plus, it is very reasonably priced! What more could you want from a Bed and Breakfast stay?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have come to Cresson for years to visit family and have stayed at all the local motels. The Cresson house is no comparison. It is truly a home away from home. Marti and Steve are the friendliest people I have met. The breakfast was outstanding. Steve made the best French toast and the bacon is to die for. Everything was spotless. We had the warm feeling of being back in time with all the modern amenities. This is now are number one choice when we come back.

Room Tip: Lemon room has very large on suite bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Some folks say that staying with Marti and Steve is like staying with family. For us in fact, staying with Marti and Steve is staying with family. We are extended family, cousins of Steve’s cousins. (My father’s sister is married to Steve’s dad’s brother.) At a family function some while ago, I promised Steve’s dad that someday we would stay at Cresson House, and this weekend 10/21/12 was the someday. The hospitality shown to us and all the guests by Steve and Marti is genuine. It is the same Stefanon family hospitality we enjoyed when my parents, my brother and I visited Steve’s mom and dad over the years. It runs in the family.
The good time being had is reflected by the other guests. We had eight people around the table and enjoyed a nice time together with folks we just met. We enjoyed the breakfast. The fruit cup was outstanding. The breakfast meat is superior to anything that comes from a grocery store and is specially sourced.
Cresson House is a renovated classic 100 year old period house. The craftsmanship and attention to detail show the restoration of this house to its present glory was a labor of love by Steve and his brother. This level of craftsmanship can’t be bought from production oriented contractors. Many innkeepers don’t know exactly how many gallons of paint went into the restoration of their properties. If you are wondering the answer is 83. If you are interested in the details of the renovation ask to see their photo album of the renovation titled, “From humble beginnings.”
For those unfamiliar with B&B’ there are some practical things to consider. This morning I was probably the last of eight people to shower, and had plenty of hot water. The system is built with this capability, not all B&B’s have this capacity and capability. With B&B’s, keeping the house a comfortable temperature for all guests is a challenge. The rooms are well equipped with beautiful quilts and comfortable blankets for this crisp autumn evening. While they have been hosting guests for 10 years, the room we stayed in, named Samuel Lemon, has a bathroom that looked more like brand new.

Room Tip: Samuel Lemon room upstairs is a little cooler than other rooms in winter and has a huge bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresson
Comfort Suites Altoona
Altoona Grand Hotel
Altoona Grand Hotel
#9 of 12 in Altoona
4.0 of 5 stars 11 reviews

Been to Cresson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!