“Worth a visit at happy hour, but that's it” 2 of 5 stars

(724) 772-8222
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
“Worth a visit at happy hour, but that's it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

If you want a good drink (and unlimited chips and salsa) there is no better place around Cranberry than On the Border. If you are with some friends, the pitcher of margaritas can't be beat. That said, the edible fare at this restaurant always leaves something to be desired. The ingredients never seem fresh, and every dish tastes decidedly more American than Mexican (save for the guacamole they prepare tableside which is the one menu item worth ingesting).

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Scotia, NY
“OMG, best food. Yummy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Food (and selection) was great. Perhaps I was hungry but this was the best meal I'd had in a long time.

Visited January 2012
Pittsburgh PA
“Average not Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were there looking for some Mexican food, that is not the place this is Tex-Mex, to the side of the Tex, food was like Taco Bell but bigger portions, drinks aré the only stuff I like, service was average. Good if you want to drink, want Mexican? Go to Patrón, Emilianos, or Campos near wexford área.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Keeps going downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This place is not what it used to be. The last 3 times i have gone our food has been good. Either we get the wrong thing or it is completely burnt. The manager just says yeah we have new workers so that happens a lot.

Visited May 2011
Helena, Alabama
“Friendly staff, good food, we happily come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

On The Border Mexican Grill is admittedly a chain restaurant but we were pleased with our meal. We were greeted warmly by the assistant manager upon entering and seated promptly. The interior is interesting and spotlessly clean. Our flauta appetisers were four HUGE flautas, very tasty with a crisp shell. With my build your own combo the soup was good as was the taco; the black beans were rather bland, I didn't finish them; my cheese stuffed chili renello was excellent. With their build-your-combo you could easily eat a solid meal for less than $10 w/ a beverage. I would be grossly remiss if I didn't specifically compliment our server Amy who was not only strikingly beautiful but very efficient and customer focused; I don't think she let my Diet Coke drop below half at any time during the night and checked back often to see if we needed anythijng. Well done all the way around; I will certainly come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food