“Shopping Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto
“Shopping Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I recently stayed over at the Hilton Garden Inn over the August long weekend. Me and my fiancée decided to travel to grove city outlet mall for some shopping and we were looking for a nice place to sleep. Everything about the hotel is excellent, the entrance looked very nice with some couches to lounge, there was a nice patio outside where I saw a number of people chose to stay and hang out. The rooms were clean, the shower was very big and my fiancée absolutely loved it.

The fitness centre is great, I love the free weights and the treadmills. It was a very big room compared to other hotels with a TV to keep you entertained. I was able to use the Fitness room when I got there Saturday night and then again when I work up Sunday morning.

Beds were comfortable and the TVs are all new and very nice. There is a coffee maker in the room but we elected to help ourselves to the free coffee across from the reception desk in the morning.

Like others said no free breakfast but going in I expected none because I read the reviews on Trip Advisor. If you care about that I guess its a big deal. Me, I would rather have a good room with a great gym so I was satisfied with the hotel.

Another bonus was that it was very close to Target and Kohls so we were able to do some shopping before we left Cranberry.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Greetings,

We are so excited that you enjoyed your visit at our location. There are great locations to shop in and around the surrounding areas. We are happy that you found our location on your shopping weekend! There are many choices of Hotels in the area and we are happy that you chose us. We would love to have you as our guest the next time you would want to just get away.

Thanks,

Ronald Van Ness
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. I stayed here during a road trip to pittsburgh and would recommend it to everyone! The lobby is beautifully decorated and the front desk staff were amazing during my stay! Upon check-in i was notified that i had been upgraded to a suite for free! I enjoyed every minute of this stay! The room was spotless and had everything we needed to feel at home. Despite what everyone is saying about the breakfast- i enjoyed my complimentary breakfast that consisted of eggs, mini potatoes, pastries, muffins, yogurt, cereal and waffels. The staff was fantastic and even made the waffel for me while i sat down and started the rest of my breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and i would deffinately be back! Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed August 2012
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Good morning!

OH MY GOSH! How super fabulous are you? Thank you... truly and sincerely. It means a lot that you took the time to write about us. Our staff has been focusing so hard on providing excellent service to all of our guests and improving in all areas that improvement is needed.

This meant the world to see, and I can't wait to share it with my team.

tjassel@vistahost.net
Monessen PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Very new hotel, nice room with very comfortable beds. Not easy to find since none of the highway signs point out this hotel(actually it is conveniently located off of I 79 ), There are several restaurants (sit down and fast food) that are near by and can be reached using a side access road next to the hotel, For us the only down side was the lack of a complimentary breakfast bar like Hampton /HI Express offers. Since we did not want a full breakfast we skipped the in-house restaurant and used MickyD after we check out- still I would not consider that a deal breaker in the future

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Good morning!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and THANK YOU for taking the time to write about our hotel. We all truly appreciate it- your words mean everything.

We just began offering a continental breakfast buffet as well for $4.95 a person. So if you're on the go, or you only want a small quick breakfast, you can purchase a smaller option. There are also individually priced items in the Pavillion Pantry- just to give you another choice rather than heading down the road.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Cranberry Township!

Thank you. Sincerely,

tiffany.jassel@hilton.com
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This new hotel is beautiful. I was highly impressed with the staff at the front desk and the restaurant. Everyone went out of their way to ensure that my family and I were comfortable and satisfied. There are a lot of choices in this area but this hotel is my first choice.

Good morning!

Thank you thank you thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate you taking the time you write about our property. We're working hard every day to keep improving and keep having fun.

Have an awesome day!

tjassel@vistahost.net
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed one night in late July as a stop on a trip. We always stop in Cranberry, and this year there was a new hotel, and we have lots of Hilton Honors points, so we booked it through Hilton. The facility is beautiful, and the front desk was very helpful and welcoming on arrival. The room was new and adequate for a Hilton Garden Inn. When we were showering and getting dressed, there was a knock on the door, and it was housekeeping telling us that they were told we had already checked out; this was at 9 am.

The breakfast was a disaster. At most properties like this, the breakfast is included, but there was a buffet with make your own waffles and cereal and muffins and fruit, and you could order eggs and other things, and it was $5 for kids under 12 and $11 for adults. That was surprising, but OK with us, but they were SEVERELY understaffed. We had to seat ourselves, and it took more than 30 minutes for them to clear off the table, so I cleared the old dishes myself and grabbed a rag and wiped the table. We finally put in our order, and an hour later, after I had packed up everything in the room and packed the car and went back in to sit down, our breakfast had still not arrived. They comped the breakfast, but other guests saw us waiting there a long time an asked my wife about it, and when she told them how long we were waiting, they decided to go down the street to Denny's.

For the price and star level, I thought we should have gotten more. I rarely write bad reviews, and we have stayed at HIlton properties about 14 nights so far this year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Valued Hilton Garden Inn Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write this review, complimenting us, and letting us know how we can improve to make the Hilton Garden Inn/Cranberry Township a great place to stay. I would also like to apologize for the confusion and the under staffing that made your breakfast visit "not so great". We are making great strives to improve our breakfast buffet. Please accept this gift certificate for a complimentary breakfast for you and a guest. I have also notified our executive housekeeper of the confusion pertaining to your check out time. Again, thank you and please accept my apology for the inadequacies. Feel free to contact me with any suggestions or comments you may have in the future. Laurie.Pennetti@hilton.com or 724.779.8646.

Laurie Pennetti

Cell: 724.831.6634

Laurie.Pennetti@hilton.com
Paw Paw, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Check in was smooth, the room well appointed, and most important, the bed was comfortable. I had an excellent night's sleep. I would highly rate this hotel save for breakfast.

Breakfast is $10.95 which would be reasonable for a sit down breakfast were the service up to par. There is no menu, so you have to order what the wait tells you is available. So, I ordered scrabbled eggs with cheese, and bacon. Sorry, I should have ordered toast as well as it is a separate item. I was supposed to know that! Oh, and you can go to the cold breakfast bar, if of course you know about it. My scrabbled eggs came, but there was no cheese. The wait set it down and was off. I reached for the salt and pepper, but no, you have to order that! Guess most folk don't salt and pepper scrabbled eggs. So, finally the wait brought the check, but never came to pick it up. I finally went up to the POS station, and got my credit card run, and was presented the bill. No pen of course, you have to request that too! I did so, leaving a 1¢ tip and left. Maybe I had a poor wait, well I did, but the reality is the logistics of their breakfast service leaves much to be desired. A menu, and salt and pepper on the table would do a lot to make it go smoother.

I gave the hotel a Very Good, as the breakfast was the only issue, and that may well have mainly been the wait I had.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Hilton Garden Inn Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to compliment and comment on your stay. We welcome all comments and suggestions and take them very serious. This website is a great tool to help us in making our hotel and service staff the best it can be. I am pleased to hear that your check in at the Front Desk went well and that you had a great night’s sleep during your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the confusion, poor service and miscommunication during your breakfast experience. After reading your review, we have taken huge steps to make all future guests have a positive and fulfilling experience, especially in the restaurant. Please accept these certificates to come in and have a complimentary breakfast with great food and great service. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please feel free to contact me with any further comments and suggestions at Laurie.Pennetti@hilton.com or 724-779 8646.

Laurie Pennetti

Cell: 724.831.6634

Laurie.Pennetti@hilton.com
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The beds are comfortable and the linens are good quality. Our room was nicely decorated and had a convenient layout to accomomdate our family. The bathroom was stocked with high end toiletries and was also beautifully decorated. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. They were friendly and accomodating to any requests that we had. Although we did not have a chance to use them, the pool and workout room looked great. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Good morning !

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a response about our hotel. We're working so hard to perfect and improve, and I appreciate the time you took to recognize our efforts. Please be sure to visit us again on your next Cranberry Township visit!

Tiffany Jassel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry? Share your experiences!