“Your standard Marriott with a great gym and pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pittsburgh Marriott North

You added Pittsburgh Marriott North to your Saves list
Pittsburgh Marriott North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry Township, PA 16066   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Credit per Night
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco
“Your standard Marriott with a great gym and pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

It is what it is. A standard business hotel near multiple office parks. However, the high rating is thanks to a pool and great gym with free weights, multiple cardio machines, exercise balls and a pull-up machine.

Room service menu is NOT good for vegetarians or health food nuts! Be sure to stop at a market before you arrive and request a mini fridge for your room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed for one night at this hotel for business. It is pretty typical of a smaller Marriott, basic but with no unpleasant surprises. My room and the public areas were very clean and quiet. The pool was heated and the pool room was actually kept warm enough where one might consider swimming. The small gym was clean and had enough equipment. The concierge level breakfast was typical but warm and plenty of it. I didn't eat at the restaurant and didn't see another soul in there either, but there are some restaurants within a minute's drive (all my clients in the area seemed just giddy about Bravo Cucina Italia chain, and it was fine so you could try there for dinner or lunch).
I was pretty shocked how expensive this Marriott was considering it is in the middle of suburbia strip plazas (I've paid less at large hotels in downtown Philadelphia and Toronto recently), but I guess they're about the only game in town. If your business for whatever reason brings you north of Pittsburgh this is a fine choice. Too far to stay here for business downtown though.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

The hotel's location was excellent for my purpose - literally five minutes walk from my meetings. Facilities are very convenient, with a swimming pool and a gym, and a restaurant. My room was clean and comfortable.The only reservation I have about this hotel was quality of internet connection: applied technology solution made my access to my corporate mailbox somewhat problematic.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I have LOVED Marriotts in the past and never turn down the chance to stay at one. This may change after I stayed at this particular Marriott. We had several issues with our stay. We stayed at this hotel for a wedding - the wedding and reception was elsewhere, but most out of town guests stayed at this hotel. The bride and groom were under the impression that the hotel bar would stay open to serve guests after the reception, which ended at 10pm. They stayed open - for maybe an hour and a half after we got back. It was evident the bartenders were not interested in serving and actually seemed annoyed when guests ordered drinks. Both nights we stayed they shut the bar down way earlier than advertised. We were not part of a rowdy crowd at all and we were spending money on drinks so I not sure from a business standpoint why they chose to lose all of our bar sales. To add to this particular problem, the bride and groom provided wonderful gift bags for the out of town guests. Without them knowing, Marriott generously also added a letter into each gift bag - warning guests at the hotel of "bad behavior" and that they would close the bar when they felt like it based on guests behavior. For someone who has never stayed at this particular hotel before, this was incredibly insulting. I felt like we were being punished for something that happened previously that we were not a part of. I also did not appreciate being "pre-scolded". It came to light on the day that we were checking out that the bride and groom were completely unaware of the letter that Marriott put in each gift bag - needless to say, they were completely appalled. Finally, the room we had appeared nice until I used the bathroom - the maid "forgot" to clean up a urine streak on the inside bowl of the toilet (completely visable without lifting the lid). Not only was this not cleaned when we got the room, but it was left on the toilet after we had the room cleaned a second time as well. I would not stay at this hotel again, would not recommend this to anyone and would certainly advise against having a large function here unless you want to be treated like a child instead of a paying, responsible guest. I was completely disappointed with this hotel and will re-think staying at Marriotts in the future based on this particular experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
genmanagerpitno, General Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
In response to "Not the type of Marriott experience we are used to" post allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or embarrassment caused by us putting a letter in your wedding gift bags without approval. My intentions were to keep everyone as safe and secure as I possibly could. Unfortunately, this was not the way that you percieved my actions or intentions.

I do want you to know that I have taken your feedback so seriously that I have issued a directive to my entire team that we will no longer place welcome letters, like the ones we did in your case, in any other gift bags wedding or other groups going forward.

Regards,

Ron Antonucci
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Staff were so friendly, nice and helpful it was very apparent to all of us this was a unique experience. Also food/service in restaurant were the best and again the staff clearly thought ahead, clearly worked together to make the customer happy and satisfied. Really stood out as uniquely nice experience. Room just fine

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

My son and new wife just had their Wedding reception at the Marriott in Cranberry Township. It was beautifully executed, the food, accomodations, sevice and hotel rooms were superb. I had family and friends from as far away as Texas, Kansas and Georgia attend, and they were all very pleased with the service and accomodations that the Marriott provided. I was so impressed when the Chef himself came to introduce himself to the parents of the couple and to find out if the food met our expectations. Bravo to the Chef, the wedding planner and hostess, and servers including housekeeping and the hotel breakfast buffet staff for providing a wonderful experience to all. I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone for your next big occasion.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

The service was wonderful. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lost room key and had another one as soon as I stepped up to the front desk to ask. Location was great. Very close to Pittsburgh. Room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Pittsburgh Marriott North? Share your experiences!