“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pittsburgh Marriott North

You added Pittsburgh Marriott North to your Saves list
Pittsburgh Marriott North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry Township, PA 16066   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed one night at the Pittsburgh Marriott North while in town to attend a wedding. The main draw for this property was the very reasonable weekend rate. This property has recognized the importance of catering to a leisure crowd on the weekends and has rates that change based on the check-in day.

The hotel and service were both excellent. The front desk was friendly and check-in was easy. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was very soft and very comfortable. We ate in the morning (breaksfast voucher was included due to our Marriott Rewards status). I've certainly had better hotel breakfasts, so my recommendation there would be to eat there if it's included. If not, save a few dollars and have a better breakfast elsewhere.

If we're in the area again, I would plan to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dustin K, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your stay with us here at the Pittsburgh Marriott North. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to helping us succeed our goal of 100% satisfaction for every guest that walks through our doors. I am happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory, and I will be sure to share your comments with the team here, as well as the opportunities that lie in breakfast food quality. Again, thank you for your time, and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is the finest hotel And finest staff I visit in the Marriott System. I spend at least 175 nights a year with Marriott. The Staff is beyond respectful and wonderful. Property is pristine. Front Desk Staff is well beyond courteous. Go to the bar and see Mark and understand what a person who cares really does because he cares. I know - why would a guy from here rate a hotel from here - because they are that good. Weekdays? Very expensive as Westinghouse is right behind them. Weekends? The price drops by 63%. For $100 or less per night on Friday or Saturday? One of the finest hotels in the USA. Period. I haven't lied yet and I won't. These folks are that good!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Good evening,

I would like to thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. I will be sure to bring your comments back to the team here as they deserve the praise and accolades that you provide. We hope to be able to serve you again the very near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The room and bathroom are a nice size and clean. There is a little seating area and a desk so you can work or a place to eat. You cannot hear anyone in the rooms surrounding you. The gym is a decent size (a lot of weights, 3 step machines, a couple of bikes, 5-6 treadmills, etc.). While the food is expensive in the grill or through room service, it is good and really fresh (especially the fruits and veggies). Service at the bar is extremely slow but room service is very fast (only about 10 minutes).

The staff and facilities left a lot to be desired. Channel 2 did not work most of the time (had audio but no video). Could not access Wi-Fi from the room. Also, could not print my boarding pass from the Business Room. When I notified the gentleman at the front desk there was an issue, he did not care. I asked if there was anything that could be done, he stated that I could email him the information and maybe he might be able to do something. When I went downstairs later, the computer was still having issue. The lady that was at the counter knew nothing about the issue but she at least tried to assist. When I went into the office, I had no problems printing my boarding pass.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Good evening,

I first and foremost would like to thank you for writing a review about our property and your recent stay here. It is because of surveys such as yours that we are able to continually improve our operation.

I would like to apologize for the disappointing stay you had with us. I can assure you that this is not the standard here, and I will be sure to bring your comments and concerns to the team here. We take great pride in providing great service to our guests, and we will use these comments as a learning experience.

I hope that in the future you are able to give us another chance so we can prove to you that we are dedicated to ensuring that our guests have a 100% satisfactory experience when they stay with us.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I spent one night just to get away and relax. Upon check in, my Marriott Gold status was recognized. I was upgraded to the concierge floor with private access. I was given complimentary wifi, a voucher for the breakfast buffet since the concierge lounge is closed on weekends. The clerk even walked me to the elevator. The room was very nice, immaculately clean, and nicely furnished. The bed was the usual plush, soft Marriott quality. Even had a bathrobe. The bathroom was small but nice. Had some higher end bath products.
There was a decent sized fitness room, and a small indoor pool.
The restaurant and bar were nice. Didn't have dinner, just a couple beers, but the food looked and smelled good. The breakfast buffet was great, with lots of choices, plus a made to order egg/omelette station.
There were a lot of events going on, and some teams staying there, but the concierge floor was quiet.
I enjoyed my stay, and weekend rates are usually a good deal.
The only little issue would be the TV. It's a nice flat screen with a decent selection of channels, but very few are in HD. Most had the lousy analog picture. Wouldn't be too difficult to rectify this issue.
I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dustin K, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott North, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Good evening!

Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay with us! I am delighted to hear about all the great experiences that you had here, and I want you to know that I will be sharing all of them with the team here. We are dedicated to ensuring 100% guest satisfaction, and hearing positive comments definitely goes a long way!

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I never write reviews, but this hotel certainly deserves it! I stayed here for the first time recently with a group of 10 ladies for a bachelorette party outing. Not only was the hotel beautiful (and the rates reasonable!), the staff was by far the best I have ever encountered at any hotel. A few examples: our group had dinner leftovers that needed refrigerated, and so the staff delivered mini fridges to our rooms. We had a toilet clogging situation and also needed a cot, both of which were resolved very quickly by a very pleasant gentleman staff member. We stopped at the front desk to ask for recommendations for a place to go out for drinks, and the front desk staff (Brittany, Clarence..and Steve I think?) went above and beyond by not only giving us a great recommendation but also calling us cabs and then calling our rooms when the cabs arrived. Our breakfast the next morning was also delicious, and the additional amenities (although we did not have a chance to use them) seemed very nice. Thank you, thank you for making our stay so wonderful! I look forward to staying at this Marriott again next time I travel to Pittsburgh/Cranberry area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Good evening,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your previous stay with us here at the Pittsburgh Marriott North! I am definitely going to be sharing these comments with the team here, and would like you to know that we would love to be able to serve you again in the near future if you are in the area!

Have a great week!

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had a business partner meeting in Cranberry and stayed here. This hotel is 100% nice - Rooms, Concierge Lounge, Fitness Center, Pool, and Restaurant. There is a massive open area in the lobby with tables and chairs to have meetings with colleagues. And the staff is wonderful - they appreciate the clients they serve!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Good evening!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I will be sure to share your comments with the team here. Was there anything in particular that we could have done better to achieve a score of "5" overall? We are always looking for feedback to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. We look forward to your feedback!

Thank you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family stayed there over valentines day and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is beautiful. The lobby is so pretty and a wonderful place to sit and chat. The pool is nice if you have kids who like to swim. The only thing with the pool is that the water is not super warm. I would definitely come back.

Stayed February 2014
Good evening!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Pittsburgh Marriott North! I will be sure to share your comments with the team here, as they definitely take pride in the service they provide to our guests!

We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Pittsburgh Marriott North? Share your experiences!