“Modern, clean, quiet, good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township

You added Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20009 US 19 & Marguerite Road, I-76 at US Route 19, Exit #28, Cranberry Township, PA 16066   |
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
“Modern, clean, quiet, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stayed for six nights (Fri-Wed) in a spacious modern, clean, and quiet room. I had a fridge, microwave, desk, Wi-Fi and a king size bed at a rate much lower than comparable rooms at competitors. With a friendly and helpful staff, it's a very good value.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

While staying at the Red Roof on a business trip, I was very pleased with the accommodations, the desk-staff and cleaning-staff. What an excellent group or people.

Thank you!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hamburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Snowbirds headed north for the summer. Last stop before we got home. Desk clerk was very friendly & courteous. Accepted the coupon from the travel book which came down to a fair price. Room was very clean, plenty of restaurants near-by. We travel with a dog and really liked the dog-walk area. Plenty of grass not just a gravel parking lot like most motels provide. Also, no extra fee for small animals! Check-out was quick from the same personable young lady who checked us in the evening before (don't they give you time off?) Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stop early in order to get a lower, if preferred.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Baldwinsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

I have stayed at this location many times over the past few years it has been pretty consistent.
My recent stay, they seem to have found new attention to detail, the room was very,very clean, smelled great when you walked in and the lady at front desk was pleasant and very accommodating.
The price I paid for the room was a great value with three restaurants within walking distance, must try Bravos. .. in the business king it would be nice to all ready have a iron and full board in the room... free Wi Fi works well could be a bit faster

Room Tip: AAA rate helps, book online look for Rd Hot Deal
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

We walked into the room and could see the soiled sheets immediately upon entering. We walked out. Front desk staff was polite and offered another room, but that's the kind of image you can't shake. Turnpike noise roared inside this room even with the door closed. Furnishings were worn and tired looking despite renovation.

• Stayed November 2010
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent visit to this Red Roof Inn. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have identified and corrected the cause of the issue that resulted in your dissatisfaction. I consider the cleanliness of my property my highest priority and perform daily inspections of the guestrooms to maintain the high standards set by Red Roof Inns.
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I checked in here based on the good rates and respectable reviews that I had seen posted on Tripadvisor. On the outside the place seems ok, but on the inside there is a hidden problem.

I did a quick bed bug check on my room upon check in. Imagine my surprise to find the mattress and box spring covered in a clear plastic containment sheet with bed bugs contained inside (not many, but you could see a few trapped inside). While I will give kudos to the Red Roof for at least doing something about the bed bug problem there and having a pest control company install the containment sheeth, it still bugs me (no pun intended) to know that those things are in my room..

Seeing as bed bugs aren't confined to just the bed, I went to the front desk and requested a part of the motel that was known to NOT have a problem. The front desk clerk said, "I don't know which rooms have a problems and which ones don't, sorry." At that point I requested to check out immediately and they were kind and granted my request.

Again, I will give them credit for doing something about the issue, but personally, I wouldn't want to chance it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
mlutton, Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Thank you for your response. I want to sincerely apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience this may have caused you. Please know that this situation has been completely corrected. We take pride in being proactive in maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable hotel for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at i0079@redroof.com if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Don't believe what is listed on their website, and read carefully before you book. I've booked a room for 2 people, so I got a 2nd floor room with 2 double beds It is clean but very basic, there is no coffee-maker and hairdryer inside the room. The staff is very friendly and nice, but it is a bit far to walk at cold snowy winter night to borrow hairdryer or for a cup of hot coffee. Make sure you bring your own if you plan to stay there, we bought a Keurig for this reason. Also no free wi-fi & mircowave for a double room, you only get it free for king or business room. You need to pay extra for T-Mobile Hot Spot for your usage. If I have to pay extra just to get free wi-fi, I might as well go for the other hotels on the same street, so it must be reason why it is the cheapest on the street. I won't say it is a bad hotel, but what I see on internet is not what I get at this inn, very disappointed with the amenities inside the double room. The location is great for food and closed by to shopping.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township? Share your experiences!