“Overall, this is a good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Cranberry

You added Hyatt Place Cranberry to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Cranberry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Emeryville Drive, Cranberry Township, PA 16066 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Belleville, Michigan
“Overall, this is a good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed a the Hyatt Place Cranberry for one night only. While traveling home to Michigan from New Jersey, we were caught in the major snowstorm that pushed across the country west-to-east over the Christmas Holiday (December 25-26th). Traveling via the Pennsylvania Turnpike, my husband and I had great difficulty finding a hotel with a one night vacancy because nearly EVERYONE was suspending their travels (due to the storm) and booking nearby hotels.

Pushing on from Harrisburg to Bedford to Pittsburgh, I obtained a reservation at this Hyatt via Tripadvisor. Overall, this is a decent place to stay. Not inexpensive, my husband and I paid nearly $150.00 (with taxes and fees) for a one night stay in a "King Suite." The suite was very roomy and quite large. Our suite had a large sectional couch, several chairs, a wet-bar area, a desk and a very large & comfortable king bed, a HUGE flat-screen television, etc, etc.

This Hyatt is very conveniently located just minutes upon exiting the PA turnpike at Exit 28 (I think). The front desk staff were very hospitable and efficient. Check-in was a breeze. The entire hotel is well-appointed, bright and clean. My husband enjoyed the included breakfast, which he told me was "very good, warm & tasty."

While I found the hotel furnishings to be somewhat utilitarian and a bit dated, my husband told me "the decor was consistent with other Hyatt Hotels (that he'd been to) and typical art-deco style." You will see from others' photos that the furnishings are pleasant & tasteful, if not minimalist in style.

While on the small side, the bathroom was functional and generally clean. I'm a bit of a clean-freak, so I did notice some mildew in the shower but nothing that major. Parking at the hotel is easy & ample. Not much more to say.

One HUGE plus is this hotel's proximity to many restaurants & shops. After traveling nearly 400 miles in treacherous snow & ice conditions, we were very happy to come upon "Bravo," a small chain restaurant with GREAT food, located within walking distance from the hotel.

Overall, our one night stay was comfortable, given the circumstances under which we traveled. There are many suitable hotels in the Cranberry area and I'm not sure if I'd stay at this Hyatt again. But the hotel is beyond adequate; it's just a matter of personal taste.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Grew in the region and never knew that there was anything off this exit on the Turnpike. Nice hotel. Would stay here again. The front desk staff are very personable and know the region well. The binder full of restaurants is excellent. The Springfield Grill rocks. Room was large, comfortable and clean. I think the LCD has to be the largest I have ever seen in a hotel room. The folks here remind me of why Pennsylvania was a great place to grow up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very close to alot of stores and right off the highway the breakfast could have been a little better but it wasn't the worse that I had I would reccomend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

No complaints here - convenient location to/from the turnpike, spacious and clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were fully equipped, and free breakfast, too. A truly great value for the money. We would definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

- reserved via www.Hyatt.com
- when checking in was informed no king rooms were available
(Is that not the purpose for reserving and guaranteeing a room?)
-After check in website still showed King rooms available
- bathroom was overall clean except random funky tiles, hairs inside shower housekeeping left for me, & a slip mat rolled in the corner and propped up (umm, k. Thanks, I guess?)

My 2cents?
- if this is normal service now, head over to the Marriott at Settlers Ridge.

• Stayed October 2012
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while attending my grandmother's viewing and funeral. The hotel is convenient to everything in Cranberry and the North Hills, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room has a wonderful couch with a blanket for watching TV, a big desk to work on, and a kitchenette area, in addition to the "bedroom" and bathroom with a big shower. The beds are comfortable with a fluffy duvet and something like five or six smaller pillows. Breakfast and internet are included in the price, which is a good thing. My only complaint is that the bottom of my husband's shoes started to dissolve (Ecco's with those air pockets that are apparently filled with black rubber things). The black rubber things ended up on the carpet (sitting right on top of the pile). When we returned from the funeral and the room had already been made up for us, these little black pieces of rubber were still all over the floor--telling us that the room hadn't been vacuumed. I picked up what I could with my hands, but really? I expect the room to be vacuumed regularly. That is my only complaint. Otherwise, it's a decent hotel. I've stayed there before and I'll probably stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a wedding in Pittsburgh and all stayed at this Hotel. It is in a good location and convenient to good shopping, restaurants, Interstate, etc. Rooms were large, clean and well appointed. Beds were very comfortable & staff was very helpful and professional. Nice continental breakfast in the morning. Also sell sandwiches,snacks, etc. Have a great indoor pool. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Cranberry? Share your experiences!