“It met my 5 "C"s with high marks!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Erie, PA
“It met my 5 "C"s with high marks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I was very pleased with my one night stay at the Fairfield Inn in Mars,Pa. It met my 5 "C"s of what I want out of a hotel (in order of importance):
Cleanliness- room was clean in all aspects, no odors, bathroom free of hairs, no bugs
Customer service-very friendly staff, greeted by all and asked how my stay was.
Comfortable Beds- bed was very comfortable with numerous pillows, nice mattress and bedding/comforter in good condition.
Continental Breakfast- great selection, clean food area, complimentary USA Today.
Convenient- located very close to the PA turnpike and I-79, near numerous restaurants and shopping.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Check-in and check-out: Went smoothly. Yummy freshly baked cookies at the front desk. I had a $100 Marriott gift certificate in Cdn dollars and the front desk just looked up the exchange on-line to convert it to US$ instead of charging me an additional 2% spread.
Room: was clean with decent linen on the beds. But on the 2nd day when the maid was to come clean, you could tell it was a sloppy job. The bedsheets and spread was pulled back up but the bed not made properly. Mirrors still had toothpaste marks on it.
Free Breakfast: Was pretty good. Included make-your-own waffles, boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, and refrigerated bacon/egg/sandwiches and breakfast pogos that you just microwave.
Location: 40 min south of the Grove City outlets, 20 min north of Ross Park mall. Nearby, you'll also find Target, Walmart, Ross, Marshalls and lots of restaurants.
I'm surprised that the reviews here have been mediocre at best. My friends and I enjoyed our stay and would come back again. I think they just need to improve their cleaning staff.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

To begin we when we got in the hotel the front desk attendent wasn't there and we had to wait for her to come. Once she came she talked so loud it felt like we were getting lectured. We finally got our key and went to the room. The room was small and dirty. We looked in the bathroom and saw body hair in the shower, around the toilet, and on the floor. Looking around the room further we saw a penny on the floor-- indicating it hadn't been swept. The bed spread had a dirt spot across it also. The TV randomly shut off while we were watching it and the heater was not accurate with the temperature set and overheated. Next, the walls are paper thin and dispite being on the second floor we could hear people in the parking lot laughing and carrying on. Lastly, the front desk attendent was not at the desk during check out so we just left our key on the desk.

I would not recommend this place. Spend the extra $20 bucks and stay at a better hotel

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
NK, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We needed a large room to accommodate our daughters and ourselves but only King sized beds were available, therefore, we needed to purchase two rooms with kings. Bathrooms extremely small but otherwise, clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast very good with many choices and helpful attendant. We tried on two occasions to call the front desk for a wake up call but were put on hold, never to get connected. Bring your own alarm clock!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here on a recent shopping trip to Cranberry, PA with my wife and 2 daughters. Although the hotel was still in the process of being renovated, it was very clean and quiet. The outdoor pool came in handy with the 90 degree weather we experienced at the end of August. The breakfast was ok and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping. i.e. Grove City and Ross Park Mall. Two queen beds would have been preferred over the two doubles.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I needed a hotel for one night and chose this because of the reviews here, and because it was cheaper than most in the suburban Pittsburgh area. It also has a fairly convenient location, with easy interstate/turnpike access, and plenty of restaurants, gas stations, etc. nearby.

This Fairfield still has the original design that I remember seeing when Fairfields started becoming prevalent in the '90s: 3 floors, mostly exterior entrances to rooms. Ordinarily, I would avoid this, but knowing that Cranberry is a safe place, I wasn't concerned. However, it hadn't occurred to me that exterior entrances are also noisy - we heard people going to and from the pool, vending (which was lacking and hard to find) and cars all night and first thing in the morning.

The room had all the normal stuff: bed, tv (though the old tube kind, not flat screen), desk, chair, etc., but it was extremely cramped. The bathroom (with sink on the bedroom area, not shower area) was the smallest I have ever seen outside of an airplane.

Complimentary breakfast was a nightmare - barely enough room to find what you wanted, let alone eat it there. The attendant, like other staff, was busily doing her job, but not overly friendly. All the standard fare was available, but we definitely had to take it back to the rooms to eat, which would have been ok had there been trays provided.

Overall, I would avoid this if possible, but it is safe and clean, so you could do worse. It's just not up to par with the (increasingly good) value I have consistently experienced at Fairfields in recent years.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Friendly staff and clean facilities, but room was small and LOUD. if you stay here, make sure you get a third floor room. I was on the second floor, and between the person above me and the constant traffic noise I barely slept.

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township? Share your experiences!