“Very nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

After reading many of the reviews I was nervous to stay here but I was very happy with my overnight stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was under construction but most of the work has been completed. The breakfast buffet was very good and I enjoyed the 24 hour complimentary coffee and chocolate chip cookies. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor in case there was noise from the remaining construction. I heard nothin...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lebanon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

A bit concerned when we pulled up... Construction outside, and outdoor entrances. But once we entered the lobby, I got excited..

Older building that has just undergone serious renovation. Designer lobby is small, but so efficient. Small snack/sundrie shop, oversized monitors in business center, state of the art workout center (tv on every piece of equipment - but you'll need headphones), and a stunning breakfast room. Warm cookies and small sub sandwiches served in breakfast room. on arrival.

Comfortable beds, new carpet and linens, lemon-scented toiletries, and very quiet surroundings. Nice sized tv, attractive linens and furniture.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Madori R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your response and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Im happy to hear that you liked our recent renovations!

In your response you said that you needed headphones while using the fitness equipment., if you should happen to stay with us again in the future, we do have headphones available at the front desk upon request.

Thank you for your time.
We hope to see you again during your travels!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

In the 5 years I have been traveling and been part of the Marriott platinum elite status, I have never ever encountered a problem like I encountered at this hotel. Unprofessional and a lack of knowledge doesn't even begin to describe the "manager" that told me I "got bumped" because reservations change throughout the day. When you are a platinum elite member, marriott often has rooms on reserve to accommodate. Not only did I have a reservation for WEEKS, but I even called the day before to request a certain room type and was told that will be fine. I asked numerous times how this could even happen. The girl just kept repeating the same thing over and over AND had another employee had the audacity to check in another guest as I stood there!!!! Are you kidding?!?! I promptly called the platinum service desk and they were mortified that not only was I bumped at my status but that they checked someone in after turning me away. They offered to put me in another hotel which is all fine and dandy, but it does not solve the problem of why I was bumped in the first place. And by 5pm, no call to inform me. After 2 days of nonstop travel with another 3 ahead of me, when I get to my hotel I want to unwind and relax. Not the case here. I did however go to the Marriott Pittsburgh North and was treated with respect and superb customer service. I will never book at this Fairfield ever again. They should be ashamed to be part of the Marriott family....

• Stayed March 2014
Madori R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
We apologize that your time at our property was unsatisfactory; our goal is to provide excellent service to all of our guests, especially all of our loyal elite members. We hope that this experience will not change the trust you have in Marriott and we hope that you may stay a loyal Platinum Elite Member. Although this will not negate the experience you had with us, I wish to offer you compensation for your inconvenience. Again I do apologize and wish you well on your future travels.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I travel to Pittsburgh every other week. This was by far the best value hotel in the city. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. Hotel has been under renovation for a couple of months. Its 90% done and is worth the discounted price I paid. Ad no parking fee and a free breakfast and its a good deal. Don't get me wrong its not a regular Marriot but a midrange hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor is best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I'm a Marriot member and try to stay at member properties. Rarely do I look at reviews for these types of properties prior to booking as I depend on the standards of Marriot. I'm glad I didn't look at the reviews this time either as I would have been turned off by the construction activity. When i rolled up and saw the ongoing work I said to myself "oh c%@p" however the staff made sure everything was at the very least satisfactory and went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. For the price of all the comparable hotels in the area, I couldn't have been happier. Everything I needed was available and aside from a little debris, the place was fine. If you don't want to spend a bunch more and can tolerate a little dust on the way to your room, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Top floor has inside rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Madori R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
First I would like to say that I greatly appreciate the time you took to place a review, and that I am glad that even through the renovations you were impressed with our staff. We work very hard to keep up with the Marriott standards and push our employees to give the best customer service there is. We appreciate your business and loyalty as and Elite Member and I hope that in the near future you will stay with us again and enjoy the new lobby and breakfast area soon to come!

Sincerely

Madori R Rouse
Front Desk Manager
Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the most basic premise of branding. What does the consumer expect from the brand "Fairfield"? The management company that owns this property is trying to make a Fairfield out of something that it never should have. I suspect this was an aging Red Roof Inn, the room layout look like it from my recollection. They can command higher prices for the Fairfield brand so they call it a Fairfield. I am surprised that Marriott is allowing them to do this. I am now going to question every other Fairfield hotel that I am not familiar with.
Bottom line, 1st and 2nd floor have outside doors. Expect to bring in all the salt and grime from the street into your room. Smaller than many other Fairfield room I have stayed in. Room smells. Room interior shows age even though management stated they were renovated within the last 2 years.
Would have not stayed if not for long day on the road and had I seen the roommate.
Staff are polite, professional.
For an additional $10-$20 I would stay at another local place that is what you expect.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I want to first thank you for reviewing our hotel and letting us know of your experience. I apologize that it was not up to your expectations. We will use your review as a training tool for our entire staff. We consistently strive to go above and beyond every guests' expectations, and when we miss something, we need to hear about it so that we can correct the issue. I hope that when returning to the area, you give us the chance again to show you who we truly are. Our renovations are nearing completion and once everything is complete I believe we will live up to your expectations of what a Fairfield Inn should be.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a nice little place, really nice staff, comfortable beds, and a good breakfast and for the dollar really good value.

However... it is currently undergoing a very extensive external renovation. I mean really extensive, basically everything outside of your room and the little dinning area is unfinished and messy. There is an ongoing throng of banging, hammering, workmen communicating, dust, debris and the sound of heavy machinery all day long. From about 7:00am until dark it is a construction site, and you will be walking over boards, torn tar paper and loads of dust and styrofoam bits which cling to everything. I am sure it was a very nice place before the construction began, and I am sure it will be even better when it's done but had I and my three guests known what we do now, we never would have booked. Imagine our surprise when we pulled up and saw the large Fairfield sign sitting on the grass and all the light fixtures hanging on wires along the hallways. Holes and paper bits all along the hall ceiling. It really should not be operating. It looks like a huge insurance liability to me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township? Share your experiences!