“Great Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
“Great Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I recently had an overnight stay at the Hampton Inn at Cranberry. We were visiting Pittsburgh for our first time to attend a concert and when I looked into downtown accommodations they were significantly more expensive. After reading other reviews of this motel it sounded like what we needed. The other reviews were accurate--it was clean, nicely located with a friendly helpful staff. The breakfast was more than adequate and wqe were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnCranGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us! Based on your comments I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable experience with our hotel staff. If you have any additional opinions or suggestions that you feel would help us improve your experience please contact us. We are committed to providing superior hospitality as well as accomodations and your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Las Vegas, NV, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

SMELL: I have asthma and this room on the fourth floor stunk so bad from smoking it should be condemed. I had to leave the door open most of the night, the window didn't open at all to help with ventalation! It had a screw bolting down the window. COST: The ceiling also had water damage which also added a moldy smell and didn't help matters. On my return several days later, I had a totally different price a room on the third floor. SUIT CASE WEIGHT: Staff should also have at the front desk a suit case hand held weight that guests may use to make sure their suit cases will weight under 50 pounds. We had to go use the work out rooms scale which was one of those scales you see in a doctors office that you have to move the wights of the top. Very hard to do when you are a female lifting a 50 pound suit case. FRONT DESK: I also called about 5:45 am and never had the front desk pick up. BREAKFAST: The breafast staff person was wonderful and helpful. She was a woman possibly in her mid 50's with blonde short hair and always checking to make sure everything was stocked and cleaned. WINDOW: The room was terrible. Maintanance needs to check the ceiling smell and water stain and place the screw somewhere else in the window so a guest can open it a a little at least one inch. I'm sure this must be a fire hazard too. I have asthma and was given this room! If you really do care about your costomers I would like a call. Other wise I will assume you don't and this survey is not used to help better conditions. Please call my home phone listed below.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we continue to work on improving our guest experience. Again we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will come visit us in the future.
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had an excellent experience at this motel. Great Room, Friendly Service, Good Location, A Very Typical Breakfast. (Not the same for 2 days in a row) We would highly recommend this facility. This location is near a shopping mall and just off the Penn. Turnpike. Many great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnCranGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel! We really appreciate your feedback. We hope you will come visit us in the future. Again, thank you very much for your comments.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Cranberry Township for the past few years while driving to the Outer Banks for our annual spring vacation. I've recently begun staying at the Hampton Inn while on business in the Pittsburgh area. Although I’ve been extremely pleased with the quality and consistency of the hotel itself, I can’t begin to tell you how exceptional the front desk team is. Robert who works the front desk in the afternoons is singularly THE MOST impressive Hilton representative I have ever met, and I’ve stayed at hundreds of Hilton locations throughout the United States on business. He embodies the definition of outstanding guest services and makes you feel truly welcome to his hotel. Even during my last business stay he remembered me by name and asked about my wife and two daughters who he met during our stay last year; remarkable considering he meets hundreds of people each day. I highly recommend this hotel for business or personal travel. The pool is fantastic for the children, the rooms are very quiet, and the hotel is only minutes away from any restaurant or shopping you can imagine.

Room Tip: The hotel is very quiet, but I alwats recommend staying on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel! We really appreciate your feedback We will take your comments share them with our team. Again thank you so much for your feedback!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel was as expected from a Hampton. The breakfast offering was disappointing, ended up eating at Denny's down the street to get a decent breakfast. The rooms are small and the workstation/closet looks like wood paneling and is a little dated. Overally, not bad. This is in a great location and close to everthing which is nice. There is a great restaurant located in the same parking lot as well.

Room Tip: Had a ground floor room right next to the front desk, was kind of nice because i didnt have to lug m...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnCranGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the quality of our breakast. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is newly remodeled and a decent value for the location. The staff is always very welcoming and the rooms clean. The location is convenient with lots of shops and eateries nearby. They have an indoor pool and small fitness area. The breakfast area is always very busy, but they provide plenty of seating and keep it well appointed and clean. The vending machines are a bit pricey. But I don't know if that is any reflection of the hotel. Overall, a very good Hampton Inn. Exactly the quality you expect from the chain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us! Based on your comments I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable experience with our hotel. If you have any additional opinions or suggestions that you feel would help us improve your experience please contact us. We are committed to providing superior hospitality as well as accomodations and your thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Fond du Lac, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was clean, quiet, comfortable, and in a good location. The hotel staff was helpful and polite. Breakfast was enjoyable with a large assortment of both hot and cold items. I had no issues during my stay. Overall I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry? Share your experiences!