“Excellent Place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Traveling from VA to Wi. Was almost midnight and looking for a place to crash. I love Holiday Inn Express Hotels, So... the logic option was to look for one. Found it really easy with tripadvisor app. Great reviews. They were right! Nice and clean rooms, quiet, Good breakfast. Highly recommended. Friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HIE_Cranberry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Herfrank1,
I am pleased to hear how happy you were with your stay with us. I will be sure to share all of your kind words to the staff and let them know that they exceeded your expectations. They pride themselves on their hard work and it is nice to hear when it pays off. I hope that when you are traveling through the Cranberry Township area again in the future, we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again. All the best and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hubbard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was our third stay here. It's a nice hotel. Nothing fancy but nice and comfortable. The rooms are a bit small. Check-out is at noon which is nice. The breakfast room is comfortable with a good selection of hot food and cereal, etc. We didn't bring our pets but I like that it is pet friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HIE_Cranberry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear bt7234, thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you are a repeat guest and that you have enjoyed every stay with us. I will be sure to let the staff know that they are doing a great job and exceeding your expectations. We truly are a pet friendly hotel and our staff cares for the animals as if they are their own. We have won the "Fido's Favorites" award for 2013 for our pet "friendliness." We hope that when returning to the area, we have the pleasure of serving you again. Safe travels.
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Not easy to find but very worthwhile. We used as a stopover driving from florida. Great staff- clean well appointed rooms, great free breakfast. Hassle free check in and out. Would stay again even more than one night

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear moncoer, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you were able to find us and then had an enjoyable stay with us. I will be sure to relay all of your kind words to the staff and let them know that they exceeded your expectations. This is the goal for every guest that stays with us! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Cranberry area. Safe Travels.
Washington Township, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Recently, we traveled out to Gibsonia, PA to visit family and stayed at the Holiday Garden Inn Express in Cranberry Township. Not only was the room impeccable, but our service was top notch! We have a lot of dietary needs in my family and the chef, Ken, actually came out and talked to me and made suggestions for my son in particular. He made a special plate of pancakes for him and found syrup he could have! (he's allergic to many things, including corn and soy, which are in every processed food). My son practically licked the plate clean! We all enjoyed our breakfasts TREMENDOUSLY! Our server, Diane, was a one-of-a-kind, too! She was so personable and patient! (We really are hight maintenance!) 3 out of 5 of us have food allergies/ sensitivities and they are all different. She was kind and patient and made suggestions and accommodations for us. To top it all off, she found us coupons to DRAMATICALLY cut the cost of our breakfast. She said, "A family of 5 can always use a little help." Well, Diane, you are pretty awesome! Our stay in our room was pleasant as well. The room was very clean! I don't usually sleep well in hotels, but I fell right to sleep and enjoyed a very clean, mold-free shower the next morning. When I called for extra towels, I had a knock at my door in less than 5 minutes! I will surely stay there again! Thank you for enhancing our trip, Holiday Inn!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HIE_Cranberry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel. The staff works very hard to exceed every guests' expectations and will be delighted to hear your kind words. We hope that when you return to the Cranberry Township area, we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again. All the best to you!
annapolis, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having come from Chicago and paying a $129 for a suite at the Omni on Michigan Avenue with a $30 food voucher, it was hard for me to comprehend the $94 + tax rate we were paying for a Holiday Inn Express in a Pittsburgh suburb. I get that they have to pull in some bucks from the road travelers but these are supposed to be "discounted properties".

Everything was clean, the room adequate for a one night stay and the staff was both courteous and friendly. The location for travelers could not be more convenient and there were plenty of restaurants around. We had to leave quickly the following morning so we did not sample the breakfast. For a road trip stop, it was fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear 6tareg,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. We apologize you were not satisfied with the rates. Prices vary depending on the dates and are competitive within the area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have stayed at this property a couple of times a year while visiting family in the area.

It is clean and convenient and the breakfast is good. Our room, however, needed some attention to detail, the HVAC fan bearings would whine intermittently during the night, the shower head was loose, and the room smelled a little moldy. The surprising thing to me is that the hotel was nowhere near capacity, very light over the holidays, and we were not given an upgraded room as is policy for IGH Platinum.

I also observed that the breakfast only offered eggs, both trays this time; typically they have bacon or sausage in the second tray.

For what it is worth, the staff were good and I did not address my concerns except when checking out as we were only were staying one night.

Still a good property, just a little off this stay…

Room Tip: No pool, no hot tub
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIE_Cranberry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for you review of our hotel. I actually had the pleasure of speaking to you in person as you were checking out that morning. Rest assured, I had the maintenance and housekeeping teams fix and address every issue that was brought to our attention immediately. I apologize again for being off our game this time with your stay, but upon your return you can bet we will be at our best. Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule to review us! Safe travels and all the best to you!
Richmond HIll
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was a little bit hesitated after reading all the previous comments. But our two nights stay turn out to be pleasant. I booked the hotel through priceline, very good deal, no complains.

Pros: Location, location, close to the high way; very friendly and efficient staff; spacious room; clean shower and standard breakfast.

Cons: pillow is not so comfortable, a little dust on the furniture.

Room Tip: They have certain rooms blocked for priceline customers, so really not so much choices.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your ever so important review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you gave us the shot to show you who we truly are. A lot of reviews can be skewed because of one bad experience. We do our best to make every guests' stay with us as pleasant as possible. Our main goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests'. I hope that when returning to the Pittsburgh-Cranberry area in the future, we have the pleasure of hosting you again. Thank you again for your review!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry? Share your experiences!