“Well situated and good value” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
valparaiso, Indiana
“Well situated and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

For us, this hotel marks the half-way point on our trips east. We stumbled upon it a couple of years ago and have continued to use it. It is very easy to find, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff helpful, the price modest, and--a real plus--a Bravo restaurant is just next door. The hot breakfast makes it quick and easy to get right back on the turnpike. It's just a very good choice when on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIEX-GM-PITCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel! I am so happy to see that you enjoy your stays with us and that we continue to be your "halfway point" hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire staff. They work very hard to be sure every guest has a clean and comfortable room when staying with us. I hope to see you in the near future when travels bring you back into Cranberry. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
farmington Hills MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel met our needs very well.
We booked at the last minute through a third party reseller and was a good value.
Conveniently located off the PA turnpike, it was easy enough to find, with efficient check in.
Our room was clean, quiet, with a comfortable bed, as expected. We only used the hotel to sleep due to our late arrival. Had we arrived earlier we'd have been able to choose from several nearby restaurants. The next morning a free continental breakfast was offered, including hot items.
Would return if we were passing through this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEX-GM-PITCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your short stay with us. I will be sure to let the entire staff know that you were satisfied with their efforts. I hope that when returning to the Cranberry area, we will have the pleasure of seeing you for a little longer stay. Safe travels!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Right off turnpike cranberry is one of the nicest suburbs of Pittsburgh there is everything off this exit hotel is very clean and offers a good rate for longer stays breakfast is great staff is helpful and friendly rooms are kinda small for holiday inn no guest laundry in hotel which is major inconvenience for someone travelling overall pleasant stay

• Stayed June 2013
HIEX-GM-PITCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us while in Cranberry Township. I will certainly relay your comments and kind words to the entire staff. They work very hard every day to be sure to make every guest feel comfortable and at home. I hope that when you return to the Cranberry area, we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again. Thank you again for your comments.
SIMPSONVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

On our second night staying at this hotel we were totally surprised to arrive back at 8:00 at night to hear 2 dogs barking incessantly. You could hear them when we turned the corner on the hallway to our room. My call to the front desk elicited the response that they are "pet friendly" but that she would try to get in touch with the owners. After another half hour of the cacophonous canines, I called again and she basically told me that she could not reach the owners and in so many unspoken words to "get over it." The front desk called again at 9:00 and offered to move us. By this time we were in our PJs and our stuff was scattered everywhere. We declined. We were not the problem, the dogs were. Finally, the owners came back about 10:00 and the dogs quieted for the night.

If a two legged guest had made that much noise for that long, the hotel staff would have evicted him. Apparently, the owners of the dogs left them at the HI Express kennel and went out for the evening. Cheap kenneling for them.

I have contacted the HI Express website and was told that the pet policy is set indivually by each property and they intended to do nothing about my complaint. I emailed the Asst. General Manager when we got home and called yesterday but have
received no response. I want to discuss their pet friendly policy and see what their policy says about how to handle is. If they don't have one, I want one developed and signed by each and every pet owner who brings in a dog. The hotel needs to have something in writing that prevents them from becoming a cheap kennel.

According to the AM desk clerk who was very apologetic, they are going to try to comp my room, but since we booked thru an online booking site she wasn't sure how to do it. Needless to say, nothing has come of that.

A word to the wise-- you may not want to stay at this HI Express kennel unless you are traveling with pets and like to be disturbed by barking dogs and a staff who does nothing about it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEX-GM-PITCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I want to first thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the barking dogs near your room. We do have a pet policy in place and it is signed by every guest that has a pet with them. I would like to discuss this further with you, and I will gladly take every step to make this right for you. I can be reached at 724-772-1000 ext 104. Again, thank you for your response.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This HIE is a good value. Rooms are clean, logical, comfortable. Good maintenance on rooms. Staff is appropriately friendly. I've read other reviews complaining of smoke, but I didn't experience any of that and I booked two rooms. There weren't crowds of people out front smoking. Beds were comfortable. We had a king and pull out queen. There were a lot of large work pick up trucks in the lot, probably owing to the shale drilling going on in the area.

Breakfast is hot and exactly like all other HIE that have free breakfast - scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, sausage, cereals, breads, pancake machine (this one didn't work well and kept breaking down) yogurt, milk, coffee, juice. And the usually very excellent cinnamon rolls. With the savings from this hotel (our room was $99) you can go to the Bravo restaurant next door. Great food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HIEX-GM-PITCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a response about our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in town. I apologize that the pancake machine was having issues. This is one of the best parts of breakfast and I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to use it. I hope that when you return to the Cranberry area, we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

First, the staff here were very friendly and very professional. My husbands co. booked this hotel for us this trip. Myself personally, I had sworn off Holiday Inn Exp. But, this location may have restored my faith in them. They were way overpriced for this stay however. The rooms here are smaller than I like and seemed almost too small for two people at times. (maybe more in line for a 1 or 2 night stay versus a 5 night stay) But, they were very clean and had everything you need. The bathrooms are very small and cramped and could use a facelift or some brightening up. What was weird was there was no closet? In place of that was a stand alone closet/cabinet thing. I like a closet but thats just me. :-) The refrigerator we had was a good size but didn't work good. There is a nice sized desk and wireless. The breakfast is just average but nice to have this option. Also nice to have your USA today delivered to your door.

We had a dog with us and their pet policy is fantastic, much better than most. They are very accomidating to pets and our dog enjoyed her stay! Woof-woof; She just told me she would have loved to have had more green space to frolic in though.

If you stay here you are right in the middle of everything. There are several really good places to eat within walking distance which make it nice to have a drink and walk back, and wheather you stay one night or five, you have to walk over to Bravo, wonderful. Shopping is also near by and if you have extra time, there is a fabulous outlet mall just 30 minutes north of Cranberry.

Overall would I stay here again? Yes more than likely but would try to get a better price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your candid response. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the room seemed a bit cramped for your liking, but next time you are in the area, keep in mind that we do have a 1 bedroom suite available which will allow for more room. Thank you again, and I hope to see you in the near future.
Birmingham, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

They asked me to go to this site and review them so I did. THe front desk people are nice. That's it. The rooms are dark and not very clean. This place should be cheaper for what it is. It's not a hotel like you see today. the one elevator is at the front of the hotel so you are good if that is where you are placed. Look out for a long walk otherwise. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I would first like to thank you for your response to our hotel. The most important feedback comes directly from our guests'. I would like to apologize for the not so pleasant experience you encountered in your room during your stay with us. This is not typical of our Holiday Inn Express and rest assured, I will share your feedback with our entire team to be sure this will not happen in the future. I hope that when returning to the Cranberry area, we have the pleasure of showing you who we truly are!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry? Share your experiences!