On our second night staying at this hotel we were totally surprised to arrive back at 8:00 at night to hear 2 dogs barking incessantly. You could hear them when we turned the corner on the hallway to our room. My call to the front desk elicited the response that they are "pet friendly" but that she would try to get in touch with the owners. After another half hour of the cacophonous canines, I called again and she basically told me that she could not reach the owners and in so many unspoken words to "get over it." The front desk called again at 9:00 and offered to move us. By this time we were in our PJs and our stuff was scattered everywhere. We declined. We were not the problem, the dogs were. Finally, the owners came back about 10:00 and the dogs quieted for the night.
If a two legged guest had made that much noise for that long, the hotel staff would have evicted him. Apparently, the owners of the dogs left them at the HI Express kennel and went out for the evening. Cheap kenneling for them.
I have contacted the HI Express website and was told that the pet policy is set indivually by each property and they intended to do nothing about my complaint. I emailed the Asst. General Manager when we got home and called yesterday but have
received no response. I want to discuss their pet friendly policy and see what their policy says about how to handle is. If they don't have one, I want one developed and signed by each and every pet owner who brings in a dog. The hotel needs to have something in writing that prevents them from becoming a cheap kennel.
According to the AM desk clerk who was very apologetic, they are going to try to comp my room, but since we booked thru an online booking site she wasn't sure how to do it. Needless to say, nothing has come of that.
A word to the wise-- you may not want to stay at this HI Express kennel unless you are traveling with pets and like to be disturbed by barking dogs and a staff who does nothing about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Pittsburgh-Cranberry is located in the heart of Cranberry Township, PA just one mile off Interstate I-79. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Visit Cranberry, PA and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Cranberry Hotel Cranberry Township
- Holiday Inn Cranberry Township
- Cranberry Township Holiday Inn