“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Des Peres, Missouri
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Loved our 2 bedroom suite. Clean and well furnished. Room had a gas fireplace, which was nice in the sitting area. Friendly staff. Great pool. Pretty good breakfast. Definitely would return if in the area. The only downside was how slow the wifi is, just crawled.

Stayed January 2014
MGRRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I sure am very happy that you enjoyed staying here while travelling. We are in the process of getting ready to upgrade our internet so if you return, that will not be a problem again. Thank you for staying with us!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We realized that we wouldn't be able to get to Philadelphia because of the weather, so we called ahead to the pet-friendly hotels in Pittsburgh. The woman booked us a room, and I made sure they were pet-friendly because we were traveling with our cat. She didn't tell us anything about a pet fee. We arrive, somewhat late because of the snow, and the man on duty told us it would be an extra $70 non-refundable for the night. I told him that the woman said nothing about a pet-fee on the phone, and he stood there to argue with me about it! "I know the person who made this and she would DEFINITELY have told you about the fee." No sir, she did not, and there are far more hotels in the area that we could stay at for cheaper and don't require a pet fee. We left immediately and I will NEVER stay somewhere like that again. Tip #1Don't lie to a customer. Tip #2 Don't argue with a customer. From someone who worked hospitality for 7 years this place was all around bad service.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We want to apologize for the most unfortunate way you were treated at our hotel. You are correct that you should have been told about the pet fee as that is our policy to do so. I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that you were argued with. Again, that is not our policy. Our goal is that every guest has a "Great Residence Inn Experience" from check-in to check-out. I have used this response as a learning tool with the front desk staff so that it never happens again. It was unfortunate that you had to be traveling in that weather and then not to be treated graciously is unacceptable. If you are travelling this way again, I hope you will give us another chance to show you what customer service is really about here.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Our family stayed here in early october 2013 when we moved to Pittsburgh (while we are looking for an apartment). We stayed more than a week (9 days), and I could say the hotel is excellent. They cleaned our room everyday without anything I could complaint. The room was spacious dan cozy with the fire place. All equipment was functional, with great amenities.
Other great things was free breakfast and a light dinner (sometimes burger or pasta), which is very nice.
The warm indoor pool was excellent (with a sauna and spa bath), since we arrived when the temperature is already cold in Pittsburgh. It was a great activity for me and my son, rather than only sitting and watching tv.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel. We really appreciate the great comments. We are always happy to hear when we were able to make a stressful time in your life a little easier. I was also glad to hear you enjoyed the pool. Not only does it give you something to do, it helps our little ones use up a little energy!!!
Please visit us if you are travelling in this area in the future.
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed here before and love the suites, hot tub, pool, and breakfast. Front desk is very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The only thing that I should have requested was a room NOT on the first floor. I was unaware of how loud it would be on the first floor, I really gave it no thought. I was awakened by the elevator several times, people coming in and slamming doors and yelling down the halls to each other at 2 a.m. I was a rough nights sleep to say the least. I hate to say that, I do like this hotel, but not the first floor.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor. It's just too noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay here at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of our ammenities. I am sorry though that you did not get the best night sleep due to the noise. Unfortunately, the first floor can get noisy with people coming in and out. In the future make sure you request a higher floor when you make your reservation and then again at check-in. We will be more than happy to make sure you get a quieter room! We do appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us in the future.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recent two-night stay at the Residence Inn in Cranberry, Pa. Chose this motel as it was near to relatives. The front desk manager, Mary, demonstrated a professional, efficient and effective demeanor at all times. She gave very helpful advice and was responsive to all our inquiries and concerns.

Room was great and the breakfast was sumptuous, i.e., pancakes, french toast, sausage, waffles, cereals, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, etc. Check-in took no time and the internet connection was instantaneous. I have never failed to enjoy my stay at this location.

My only criticism would be that access to the facility is a little difficult at night. There has been so much development on Freedom Road, that although you can clearly see the building, the access road is not easily discerned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MGRRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We appreciate your great review of our hotel and thank you for taking the time to do this. We are very happy that you can stay with us when visiting family and be comfortable when doing so. Breakfast is very important so I am glad that ours meets all of your needs. I really do appreciate your comment on Freedom Road access. There is a lot of growth and they are doing construction so hopefully at some point it will be easier to get through to the hotel. Next time you are here ask the front desk and they may be able to direct you to an easier way in!!!
Toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This Residence Inn is typical of all Residence Inns and does not disappoint. The rooms are spacious with a bedroom area, bathroom, living room, and full kitchen. There is ample wireless access with a strong signal and good internet speeds. Check-in took less than 45 seconds, as they were ready for me upon arrival. The rooms are exceptionally quiet. I could hear no noise from the hall, other rooms, or outside. I love that I could keep the fan running on the furnace/AC (it is a central system) continually to provide white noise. The TV swivels so you can watch it from the living room or bedroom without having to pick it up and turn it. There are plenty of channels to choose from. A desk with good lighting is provided for business travelers. Usual Marriott amenities like ironing boards are provide. The room was spotless. Very comfortable bed. I find it hard to sleep on 90% of hotel pillows, but these ones were wonderful and 10 times better than Marriott Courtyard pillows. Easy to find. Meeting rooms, Huge area for breakfast in the morning. Overall a wonderful place to stay. Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a great review. It is really wonderful to hear that we were able to make your stay with us so great!. Our goal is always to make sure every guest have the best experience ever. Hopefully, you will stay with us every time you come to Cranberry.
Baden, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a house fire and the fire insurance company chose here for us to stay. Everyone was very helpful,kind,considerate and courteous. We would recommend the Marriott Residence Inn to everyone we know. They have breakfast every morning and dinner 3 evenings a week. It is in a country setting but there is a shopping mall close by and Pittsburgh is only 30 minutes away with PNC park,many restaurants around,historical sites,ect. The amazing part of this was we were allowed to have our dog in the room;which made it easier on him;because he was confused and upset over our house fire. Our stay could not have been any better:we were treated great! Thanks again Linda and George Spratley

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We all want to thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your stay here at our hotel. We were very happy to know that we helped to make a bad time a little better for you and your dog. We love being able to provide all your needs when unable to stay at home. We hope to see again in the future!

Been to Residence Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township? Share your experiences!