“Pretty Good” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Sala, Västmanlands Län, Sweden
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Beer selection here was really good. The bartender was very knowledgable about beer. I asked for something hoppy and he was able to mention a few beers that I may like. Sometimes when I ask this question, the bartender looks at me like I'm crazy.

We had an apetizer while at the bar that was pretty good. It came with 2 types of dip and fried pita triangles. This was really good. Also, they gave us so much that my fiance and myself were not able to finish it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh
“Every bit as good as the buzz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is a dream. The draft beer system is kept immaculate so the beer is fantastic, wide choices and reasonable prices. The soups are universally exceptional. The burgers are unusual. I have eaten here countless times and each meal has been fantastic. The service equals the food. The burgers are a bit pricey but overall the tab is worth it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good (though expensive) place for drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Went to Sharp Edge Creekhouse for the first time recently with my wife and some friends. Atmosphere of the place was very nice, not too quiet, not too loud. Our waitress was excellent and did her best to explain the many beers we ordered. They had about 50 Christmas Ales! I tried the Corsendonk Christmas Ale, the Penn St. Nicholas Ale and the Bell's Christmas Ale. Bell's was my favorite but they were all good. We did try the wings which were 45 cents apiece during the special, but I have to say they were kind of dry and not my favorite. The Buffalo Bleu ones were very good though. My only other minor complaint was that some of our beers were incredibly expensive, and we were not told the price when we ordered. Just to give examples, the Corsendonk was $9 and my wife ordered a Delirium beer which was $14! I know, I know, they're premium microbrews and we should expect to pay alot for them. It just would've been a little nice to know because it might've changed our minds on a few of our orders. However, other than that we had great service and really enjoyed our night. I would definitely come back to Creekhouse and recommend it. Just don't expect a cheap night!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Rude, Greedy, Overpriced, Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Don't eat here if you have more than 5 people. My group of friends have been meeting here occassionally, and because there are around 10 of us, we don't fit at ANY of the tables. The restaurant forced us to sit at separate tables with ONE check per table. HOWEVER, despite having SEPARATE tables, they slap the big gratuity tip onto EACH check (for having more than 6 people as a whole) AND add A SECOND tip onto the check as well. Beware of the double tipping and the rude waiters. Will not be eating here again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Sewickley Location---I don't recommend!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Let me start by saying I have been to the Sharp Edge Sewickley location MANY MANY times over the years due to location, meeting place, business, etc. so I feel that I can give an honest review here. First recommendation...sit at the bar and NOT in the restaurant as you will get much better service! I have sat in the restaurant a number of times and never once had good service. One night (group of 4...all got burgers!) we were there for 2 hours due to the service being so slow! Anyway, service at the bar has always been good but if you are looking for a big wine or liquor selection, this is not your place for sure as they are beer oriented. I tried to order a Reisling once and the bartender looked at me like I had 18 heads! Anyway let's get to the food...ugh. Hit or miss for sure. The burger selection which at first is appealing as they have a variety of uncommon burgers like bison, lamb, duck, ostritch, venison, etc...BUT (and here's the catch) NONE of them are 100% of that meat as they are ALL mixed 50% with sirloin! So...you aren't getting anywhere close to the real taste of what you are ordering! I am a cook so I know that this is definitely NOT a good buy! Why would anyone want to pay high prices for HALF of what they want to eat?? Some of the food items are tasty but some of the sauces and sides are just odd. For example, they have a "spicy" coleslaw...not good! Not even a little. Twice I tried their portabella panini and it was so smothered in an odd topping that I had to scrape it off to make it edible. I also wouldn't recommend this menu for people who are looking for a "classic" menu who want pasta, steak, seafood, etc as it is not offered. I met my grandfather there once and not only did it take 15 minutes for him to get a scotch (because they couldn't find it) but he was unhappy that the menu wasn't to his liking. He is a "foodie" for sure and is not picky by far, but he found it difficlut to find something that he wanted to eat. So now after years of visiting this establishment and my company, friends, and family all turning their backs on it, I will not be going back again. BUT if you are looking for nothing other than a good beer menu, then this might be your place.

• Visited August 2012