“Wedding Party” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millstream Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coudersport
Millstream Inn
You added Millstream Inn to your Saves list
918 East Second Street, Coudersport, PA 16915   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Coudersport
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Wedding Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our stay at the Millstream was quite pleasant. We got married in Coudersport in September and we, along with at least 50 of our guests, stayed there for 2 nights. As far as I know, no one had any problems whatsoever and we were all accommodated very well. The continental breakfast looked pretty extensive, but I admit I did not sample it since I was about to get married and was a bit jittery. :) We stayed in a non-smoking suite with a jacuzzi tub, which I also did not get to try out but my husband said it was quite nice. The bathroom was new and clean, and the king bed was SUPER comfortable. I made a joke about the 80's floral bedspread but then I laid down and retracted my negative comments!! Once all of our rooms were booked, the staff kept in contact with me very well and they were very pleasant to work with. We made up welcome bags for a few of our VIP guests and the staff was even nice enough to make sure they were in the guests' rooms for when they arrived.

As much as I hate to leave something negative, I must note this for anyone hoping to reserve a block of rooms at the hotel for an occasion like we did. We had quite a rough time initiating our reservation. Since this is a huge area for fracking, management gives gas companies first dibs. When I first called I was told that I could not reserve a block at all, even tho there were plenty of rooms at the time, because "they were not sure what the gas companies were planning for september." When I followed up a few months later I was allowed to reserve 10 rooms, although I could guarantee at least 20-25, but was still told that although they still had plenty of open rooms at the time, they "were not guaranteed if gas workers decided they weren't ready to leave the rooms should they be occupying them before our stay." Needless to say they put us in a position to take a huge gamble seeing as we had guests coming from all over for a wedding that was already booked and there are only 2 hotels in town. We lucked out since the gas influx was still slowed at the time of our stay, but it's definitely something to consider if you're in a position where you need to block off rooms in advance.

Room Tip: The do have a new wing, where rooms are much more modern, so if you can't handle 80's decor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is pretty average. We chose to stay in one of the cabins which are set up for business travel more so than anything else. Very clean and quiet. The only reason this hotel stands out (and the only reason I'm writing a review) is the staff. The handful of times I dealt with staff they were exceptional. Friendly, pleasant, kind and very accommodating. For the area this hotel fit the bill. If I'm back in the area again, I will more than likely stay here

• Stayed October 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here overnight for work. We arrived very late, after midnight, since we had driven 4.5 hrs to get to Coudersport. When we arrived, the lobby reeked of cigarette smoke. This was a big turn off for me and my husband right away. We were in a non-smoking room, and I was worried it was going to smell like smoke. When we went in to the non-smoking wing, it did not smell like smoke at all, and I was pleasantly surprised. Our room smelled clean and fresh too, and had one of the most comfortable king sized beds we have ever slept in! I was disappointed we weren't staying another night just for that bed. The room was clean and the bathroom looked brand new; it sparkled!

Breakfast the next morning was not very good. It did have some hot items - eggs, waffles, and I think a sausage gravy with biscuits. It wasn't very tasty though.

Great for a one or two night stay - cleanliness in the room is the biggest thing I want in a hotel, and it had it. Could do without the smoking in the hotel though, and breakfast could definitely be better!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel when we went to see the dark sky at Cherry Springs State Park. The suite was clean and spacious. The staff was very courteous. We would definitely stay there again. Free WIFI and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
In the Country, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just about in the middle of nowhere, we find this nice hotel that fits our needs. Located just outside of Coudersport, across from the hospital is this reasonably priced, clean friendly hotel.

We stayed in a regular room with two queen size beds. The beds were clean and comfortable, the pillows less so. The room had a refrigerator, easy chair (comfy), desk, free wifi, shampoo and soaps. An in room heater air conditionerer worked great for our own room comfort.

Down the hall was an ice machine (free) and vending machine. Located in the welcoming lobby was coffee, soft drinks and popcorn available that you could enjoy in front of a large fireplace with large overstuffed couch and chairs. In the evenings they make cookies for a snack, even though we had hard time getting any. A generous contintaletal breakfast was served. A little low on fresh fruit the day of our stay.

Grills and a covered picnic area in the back of the hotel and opens to a large mowed field straight to the base of one of the beautiful mountains.

Overall a nice stay, defiantly choose this hotel again, and bring my own pillow! lol

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Niles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We just returned from Coudersport Pa and truly enjoyed our stay at the Millstream Inn there.
The room was very clean and well equipped with microwave, fridge, flat screen tv and a huge easy chair for the hubby to relax in. The desk clerks and cleaning ladies were extrememly helpful and friendly.
I have stayed at many higher end chain motels and none were any better than this motel.
The breakfast buffet was good, kept up in supply and cleanliness.
We were able to get into our room early enough to relax before going out sightseeing for the afternoon.
We would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Groveland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

Took a quick trip to see the stars at Cherry Springs Park. Too cold to stay out all night so I got a room at the Inn. Nicely appointed, clean, very welcoming. I will be happy to stay there again in the future.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Millstream Inn? Share your experiences!