“Bev & Tony F. A great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cornwall Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornwall
Cornwall Inn
You added Cornwall Inn to your Saves list
50 Burd Coleman Rd, Cornwall, PA 17016   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cornwall B&B and Inns
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Bev & Tony F. A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we were looking for a location to host our daughter's bridal shower our only choice was the Cornwall Inn. Richelle Arnold paid attention to every detail we discussed. She met with us on numerous occasions to make sure everything was being done to ensure the shower was successful. The day before the shower she met us so we could drop off some special things for the shower. On the day of the shower she personally made sure that everything was perfect. All of the guests were impressed with the location, the staff and the food. When you are selecting a location for any event make sure you check the Cornwall Inn. You will be impressed not only with the location but with the personal attention paid to all the details. If you have guest coming to your event that are from out of town the Cornwall Inn has beautiful rooms available to rent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Leola, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

First and foremost, this inn catered to pretty much everything we threw at them. We started our journey with them when my mother and I set up my rehearsal dinner at the Inn. It was absolutely beautiful and the food was impeccable. My bridesmaids and I then stayed in the constable room which was amazing before but they had redone the room which made it even better. Any request that we asked of Richelle that night, she delivered through and through. The next night which was my husband's and mine wedding night we stayed in the constable room again and it was cleaned up perfectly from the night before. I also brought rose petals to be laid out and Richelle did that with no extra charge just out of the courtesy of her own heart and my husband loved it!

Everything was perfectly done at the Cornwall Inn and it was a great memory!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

All of the recent positive reviews were for catered events, not for staying at the inn. I do not recommend this place for overnight. Rude staff, tried to give us wrong room, small full bed instead of the queen listed on website. Plus, the price is high considering you don't get breakfast or any service, and the room looked shabby. The rudeness along with bait and switch on the room caused us to walk out.

Long story:
We were in the area to visit family/friends in Lebanon and Cornwall the same weekend that the Hershey car show was in town, so there were few hotels/inns/b&b with any rooms. I booked here online since no one was answering the phone. That should have been my first warning. When we arrived during normal check-in hours, the whole place was shut up and locked. It was raining outside, but we were left outside walking around to see if there was another entrance we missed. Nope, there was truly no one there. You might think they would post a sign saying back in a few minutes, or a phone number, but nothing was there. I used my smartphone to get the phone number from the confirmation email, then found that the 866 number there was disconnected. Now, I'm imagining that they have shut down without notice. I look online and find another number to call; this time I get a voicemail, so I leave a message.

We wait 15 more minutes, then I call again. This time a woman answers, and I tell her we are at the inn waiting outside. No apology offered, just a statement that she'll be there soon. Another 10 minutes later she pulls up in the parking lot. By now, I'm fuming mad. But she has no apologies, no sympathy, and she tries to make it our fault for not being there at 3pm, which makes no sense to me, and we were there at 3:15. Why would it matter if we were there at 3pm? So arbitrary since it is an inn, not a B&B nor someone's home, and its certainly within normal hours. Oh, and we aren't allowed to enter through the covered front porch where our luggage is sitting next to the entrance; no, we have to walk back out through the rain to a hidden side door. It's all I can do to keep civil at this point.

She takes us upstairs to our room. I do give credit that the only positive thing was that she offered to help take the luggage up the steps. The room didn't look right to me, and the bed was a small double bed. I've since gone back to their website, and sure enough not only did she try to give us another room, but it is wrongly listed as a queen. We can't sleep in such a small bed, we'd be miserable. Plus, the room looked shabby, with a nightmare polyester comforter instead of the quilt shown in the online photo.

At this point, there was no way I was staying here. We left. I told all my local relatives and their friends at our reunion about how bad this place was, how we were treated, and to spread the word. The people running this place clearly do not belong in the service industry, so why would anyone want to spend money here? There are better choices.

Room Tip: Don't bother coming here
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Leola, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

On October 3, 2014, I held my daughter's wedding rehearsal Dinner at the Cornwall Inn. The food was excellent. We chose the filet and crab stuffed chicken breast. The filets came out perfect to everyone's individual order, which is very hard to do with a large number. We worked with Melissa and Richelle starting almost a year before the dinner, choosing the site even after doing a walk through during some reconstruction. We visited it in August and my son-in-law, who hadn't seen before, loved it. It fit both of their personalities perfectly. He loves antiques and she likes a little sparkle. Since we booked at the very beginning, the original agreement was through a handshake and notes Melissa took. Both Melissa and Richelle followed through with all that was agreed. On the day of the rehearsal, Melissa was very helpful and patient. I ran late. In the evening, Melissa was very attentive to our needs and very gracious. This made for a relaxing rehearsal dinner where my focus and the bride and groom's focus were with our friends and family.

My daughter spent that night at the Inn with her bridesmaids where the next morning they were able to get ready for the wedding in a nice and relaxing atmosphere. They were able to have their pictures taken on the grounds and buildings, which both. are beautifully kept. My daughter and son-in-law stayed there after the wedding and both commented on how great their experience was with the Cornwall Inn from Friday to Sunday.

Thank you to Melissa for helping me make my daughter and son-in-law's wedding experience in their own words "perfect".

Marti Rhoads

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

We had our wedding and reception on the grounds of The Cornwall Inn just about a week ago on September 27, 2014 and it was perfect. The grounds were in great condition and offered perfect opportunities for wedding photos with an incredible rustic appeal. The service was incredible and the attention to detail was flawless. The food was fanastic and the overall experience is something I recommend. The new owners have really raise the bar by updating the Inn but still maintained the perfect antique look that every wedding event should have to complete that special day.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

We recently held a luncheon at the Inn. The staff was friendly and the food was excellent. The new owners have managed to keep the charm, while renovating the facility. The building’s main event space is handicap accessible, which was a huge benefit for us. I would recommend them for future events.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Our son recently graduated from high school and we chose to have his celebration at the Cornwall Inn. We had a mix of young adults, small children, adults, and elderly adults. The owners met all of our needs for all of these generations! The food and the hospitality were exceptional and everyone commented on the beauty of the grounds and building restoration. It was a wonderful day and I could truly enjoy it knowing that the owners had ALL things under control.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Cornwall Inn? Share your experiences!