“Horribly Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cornwall Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornwall
Cornwall Inn
Save Saved
You added Cornwall Inn to your Saves list
50 Burd Coleman Rd, Cornwall, PA 17016   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cornwall B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Horribly Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I were married in Hershey PA 10 years ago and we spent our first night married at the Cornwall Inn. We also returned for our 1st anniversary and the Inn had special place in our hearts. Unfortunately within the last year it has changed ownership, now owned by the owners of the Blue Bird Inn. The Cornwall Inn is still a beautiful building, but it has lost all of its charm as it is merely a place to lay your head. We had no one on site to ask any questions about the area or inquire about good places to explore and eat (important as we are from Ohio and know nothing about the area). We also had no breakfast and this is completely different than the previous owners. The lack of breakfast is not detailed anywhere on the website, but more disappointing is the fact that when my wife emailed the Inn about getting a room and stating that this was our 10th anniversary and we had been there 2 previous times, they did not mention the fact that things had changed and there were new owners. One would think that if a couple is returning after it changed owners, they should at least bring it to their attention. I could have spend half of the amount for our stay elsewhere and would have been much happier as the interaction with the innkeeper and the other guests while at breakfast are why we enjoy bed and breakfasts and places like the Cornwall Inn used to be. Long story short, we will not be returning!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperatCornwall, Owner at Cornwall Inn, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I was very sorry to here of your disappointment on your recent stay. Your reservations were made through our website which no longer lists us as a Bed and Breakfast nor does it say you will receive a breakfast. We are strictly an inn. Our suite pricing is in line with local hotels in our area and our property and suites far exceed the offering of those hotels.
The Cornwall Inn is a beautiful historic landmark dating to the 1700s. We purchased the Inn at an auction a year ago and have spent a great deal upgrading the facility to keep it open for the public to enjoy. We continue to host Exclusive events and provide quaint suites for overnight accommodations.
Cornwall Inn Staff

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Annville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We has our wedding outside on the grounds and reception inside. Staff were professional and helpful every step of the process. We would highly recommend the Cornwall Inn for your next celebration. We also stayed at the Inn for two nights. The rooms were tastefully decorated and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Gap, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am writing this review almost 9 mths after we stayed. I had written a review at the time of our stay but it never showed up here. The Inn has since changed hands and I can only hope that they are much better hands. So many things went wrong with our stay, I am still devastated by it.

My Husband and I spent our Anniversary here in June of 2013 and from the website we expected an amazing time. Things started going wrong the moment we arrived. Lynee was hospitable, but she acted almost like we had never spoken on the phone or that she was not even expecting us. She asked us which room we booked and what the price she offered us was! She also did not even show us to our room she complained of a recent injury and gave us a key and directions, luckily after trying 2 doors we found it.

We then visited the Mount Hope Winery grounds for the yearly Celtic and Highland Games and had a wonderful time. We had ordered previously the cheese and cracker platter and had hoped to have it to snack on after our long day. We arrived to nothing. Lynee's excuse was that she was not sure when we would return, but our room (Constable Suite) had a refridgerator (which was stocked with an empty box of coffee creamers and 1 bottle of water). We then had to wait an hour for her to prepare and then my husband had to go retrieve the cracker tray.

We had also ordered the rose petal bath, when we asked about it we were told @ 9 pm she had to go pick the rose petals. She did not return until around 10:30pm. She then gave me vague instructions on how to use the bath which ended up too hot. So we decided to let it cool down while we watched a movie. When the movie was over we thought the bath would be cool enough to get into but it was still piping hot and I was soo fed up with everything and exhausted we decided to go to bed.

The next morning we woke around 8, and we realized we had not been informed when breakfast would be ready. My husband then ran upstairs to inquire and could not find anyone. He then went back up about an hour later to be rudely told she was working on it. Long story short after several inquiries and short dismissals we received our breakfast at 11 am. It left much to be desired. My husband said he enjoyed the taste of his meal but it was so small we had to stop at a diner after we left. My meal was little more than a mushy bran muffin. I was so disappointed with it that I cried. I had so many hopes for this vacation and it was one disappointment after another.

Upon checkout we conveyed our misgivings to Lynee and all she did was act as though we were the only ones to ever be disappointed in her service. We also got a few excuses that the woman who assists her was not responding to her calls. We also were asked if we used Groupon for our vacation and I told her NO. She then went on and on incoherently about how she has had nothing but bad reviews from Groupon Users. I had to get out of there asap.

I hope that now that the Inn has changed hands the service is remarkable better and no one ever has to go through the agonies that my husband and I had to go through. It was an experience I will never forget and regretfully not for the right reasons!

Room Tip: The Constable's Suite is great for privacy, and would also be great for multiple people as there...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperatCornwall, Owner at Cornwall Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I was disappointed to hear about your previous experience at the Cornwall Inn. Since taking over ownership we have worked meticulously to restore the grounds and interior of the beautiful historic building to its original charm. We have a staff that is dedicated to exceeding our guests requests and expectations. Although we are no longer operate as a bed and breakfast we continue to have suites for over night accommodations and serve as a venue for distinctive weddings, events and corporate affairs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had a great time staying at the inn me and my new wife enjoyed the stay the room was clean and very relaxing i loved how big the room was that we stayed it the world pool tub really helped after long day at the parks and other places the caretaker was nice we had breakfast every morning too well cooked and tasty the king size bed was the best thing i ever slept on my wife wants the same bed because she slept well ever nite on it.no one bugged us it was peaceful all the time just the way i like it. The caretaker was nice to talk too everyone was nice to us they thanx the great time peaceful place to have a honeymoon too. Ps some guest they was very rude to the owner and shouldn't have deserved to even stay they at all because of how nasty people wrote comments or talk to the owner. Shim you all! July 24th 2013

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

End of July I booked two rooms for tonight, received verbal and written confirmation. Got there to find no rooms plus entire Inn packed up getting ready for content auction. Inn owner was onsite and said new owners had not closed on property yet. Owner in lots of pain from recent injury and could not clearly explain how we did not have rooms.

• Stayed August 2013
Towson, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I found out about this property through Groupon. As I read these unappreciative people and their petty complaints, I wonder what people expect from a bed and breakfast. I had an incredible experience....Beautiful property, great staff, good food. The room that I stayed in was The Harkins Suite! I loved it! Nice and spacious. I'm appreciative and I'll never forget it. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cornwall Inn? Share your experiences!