“Loved, Loved Loved it.. best B&B ever experienced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cornwall Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornwall
Cornwall Inn
50 Burd Coleman Rd, Cornwall, PA 17016   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cornwall B&B and Inns
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Loved, Loved Loved it.. best B&B ever experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

It was absolutely amazing, the staff was nice, friendly and helpful. The food was great. the rooms clean and inviting. the location was amazing.Lots to do around the area. even just staying on the grounds was plenty.
Gina

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Worst bed and breakfast I have EVER stayed in if you can even consider this place a bed and breakfast. Not only was our room filthy, the welcome platter was embarrasing, (which we recieved after waiting two hours to be checked in) and had to hear the innkeeper Lynee complain about how she was having problems with her "amish workers" not only was that inappropriate, but she really seemed to be out of her mind. She constantly apologized for breakfast not being up to par..(Because she supposedly was a CHEF with high standards), or the room being dirty, and exclaimed on many occassions she was so embarrased because "these things never happened before" but clearly that is A LIE! I have read many reviews here and they all complained about the same things. This is not how a bed and breakfast is run! I have been to many different B&B's and this feels more like a jail than it does bed and breakfast. With that said.. Groupon buyers beware!! If there is any possible way to get your money back, get it while you can! This place while it may be beautiful on the outside, inside was dirty, dusty, and not well kept to say the least! The entrance speaks for itself! I am extremely disappointed I wasted money to stay here and had I actually took the other reviews that complained about the same thing seriously, I would have an extra $300 bucks in my pocket to go somewhere else that would have been worth my while!

Camden, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

No food platter on arrival, in room coffee maker dirty and with old teabag in it, black mold on shower liner, TV not functional, chairs (1 no springs, 1 broken leg), less than clean, no supplies for coffee maker (even though it was too dirty to use). Candlelight dinner was burnt black, no dessert. Breakfast - waited for 1 hour and 20 minutes for 1 piece of bacon, and 3 burnt not edible pancakes. Winery tour is a self guided walk through the field. The owner thinks all is well. All requests were acknowledged, said they would be handled, and then ignored. We left early and went to a hotel.

Exton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Worst place we have ever stayed. if you go you will find out what all the negative reviews are talking about. horrible service, place is falling apart, inn keeper seemed to be
''on" somthing, We left a day early.

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

No breakfast was served on Friday Morning, no cream and sugar to go with the coffee, water bottles were frozen solid in fridge, next day they cleaned the room at 3:00 while we were in the room! They were given a list of items we wanted (soda, cream, sugar, etc.) we assured we would have them and never received them, the next morning at breakfast the sticy buns were burnt and they cut the bottoms off ans served them and also it took over an hour and half to get breakfast from normal service time 9:00!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been debating whether or not to write a review for a couple of weeks now. I had my wedding at the Cornwall Inn and while everything turned out ok (thanks to my bridal party and some amazing family members) we had so many roadblocks put in our path that I feel compelled to warn other brides who may be thinking about having their wedding here. My husband and I had chosen the Cornwall in January for our September wedding due to the beautiful pictures that we were shown. The grounds were covered in flowers, the leaves were a beautiful yellow and red and it was everything we wanted for our outdoor wedding. We showed up the Thursday before our wedding and were shocked. The pathway that I was going to walk down to meet my parents was overgrown with pine trees and weeds. The gardens looked like they hadn't been weeded in months and there weren't ANY live flowers. There were dead lily bushes, overgrown plants and the grass hadn't been cut. We were told that it would be taken care of on Friday, but by noon on Friday (the tent was already being set up and the chairs for the ceremony were there) I was done waiting. It took my entire bridal party (11 people), my parents, my in-laws, my aunt and uncle, my dad's cousin and his wife 4 hours to weed, hedge, clip and generally get the place to even resemble the pictures we were shown. My dad and aunt ran to Lowe's to buy 20 pots of fall mums to put around to give the grounds some color. The whole time, Lynee stood there and stared at us. She sort of apologized and blamed the Amish grounds crew that had come a couple of days before and offered to have them come out again. At that point, we were already working and just wanted it done in time for the rehearsal at 4:30. My mother-in-law did get frustrated and gave Lynee a piece of her mind which was met with a shrug and a vague "sorry." This was in addition to Lynee losing our credit card information that was given to her 10 days before the wedding as requested by our contract. She ran it through on Thursday when we got there, only to cancel it because the money wouldn't be released until Monday saying "we can't pay your vendors." She suggested we take out a cash advance on our credit card, or try to find a branch of our bank (we're not locals) and take out a large sum of cash. Our nearest bank was back in Maryland and about an hour and twenty minutes away. We eventually straightened everything out with Lauren, the wedding coordinator and were given a discount for having to landscape the grounds ourselves. Without the help of our friends and family, we couldn't have pulled off our wedding. In the end, everything was beautiful and our guests were none the wiser to the hectic, tears, frustration and teamwork that went into getting everything ready.

We had hoped to make the Cornwall Inn a tradition for years to come because we love the Inn, the area and the quirkiness. Sadly, that will not happen unless it comes under new management. Mary and her son were amazing and really helped out, but that is not enough of a reason to come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Butler, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I will keep this short, and to the facts. The inn keeper, Lynee, was very inhospitable. She did not make us feel welcome or appreciated in the slightest. Upon walking in, she didn't say hello or even seem to care we were staying there.

Breakfast was great and Mary was awesome. She is the saving grace of this place. She bent over backwards to make sure we were happy.

The building was nice, rooms were fine (though they were not cleaned nightly), and there is a rail trail right behind the property. It is a shame I won't stay here again because of the poor service I received from the owner.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Cornwall Inn? Share your experiences!