“Nice place, terrible service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cornwall Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornwall
Cornwall Inn
50 Burd Coleman Rd, Cornwall, PA 17016   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cornwall B&B and Inns
Butler, PA
“Nice place, terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I will keep this short, and to the facts. The inn keeper, Lynee, was very inhospitable. She did not make us feel welcome or appreciated in the slightest. Upon walking in, she didn't say hello or even seem to care we were staying there.

Breakfast was great and Mary was awesome. She is the saving grace of this place. She bent over backwards to make sure we were happy.

The building was nice, rooms were fine (though they were not cleaned nightly), and there is a rail trail right behind the property. It is a shame I won't stay here again because of the poor service I received from the owner.

• Stayed October 2012

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Cool place, great staff. We LOVED our 2 night stay in The Washington Suite ( although I wish the fireplace was working- just for ambiance). We had none of the complaints that other folks did.if you want to stay at a 5 star hotel- then do so. If you want a quaint, quiet and a bit quirky B&B-- BOOK THE CORNWALL!!!

Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Either there is tow Cornwall Inns in PA or the staff is BI-polar. Other than to say the beds were comfortable there is nothing To say in favor of this place. I love staying at B&Bs, but this was terrible. Dinner was under cooked when we commented on it we were told " You can eat rare chicken (red) if you know where it comes from." Breakfast was dried I don't know what. We also did not stay for breakfast the next day. We were two couples so they combined our snack tray. It wasn't even worth $5.00. We were never given clean towels for the second day and the other couple we were with didn't even get their bed made. I could go on but needless to say I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: There aren't any.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay here, the food was great, the service was just wonderful hopefully youll be lucky enough to get mary shes one of a kind. Everything is so conveniently located the wineries, the green dragon which is large flea market, amish market. Antique shops are out of this world, the best experience for us was how the inn was so clean, breakfast was always great, and once you spend time with lynee the inn keeper you woulnt want to leave shes that charming, helpful and nice. We will be returning soon and inviting our friends and family also.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Perfect place to get away from the big city. Loved the friendly atmosphere. FYI clean, comfy,and fun. Big props to Dave for the " swinging" fan... Thanx for the yummy breakfast, Mary.. Keep up the good work, Linne. See you all soon!

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My overall stay at the Cornwall Inn was not exactly stellar. This was my first B&B experience, which left me disappointed due to the fact that the Inn Keeper and her "staff" (i.e. teenage daughter) were less than accommodating (which is an understatement), and at some points disrespectful to our party. We had incident where there was an issue that needed to be addressed immediately and the inn keeper was nowhere to be found after several attempts of contact. The inn keeper brushed off our issue and did not show any sympathy or even offer an apology in regards to what had happened.

The rooms were a bit dusty and cluttered. Our bathroom towels were very ratty and old. On one of them I found long grey hairs stuck to it that were not mine or my husband's (after I had dried my face with it).

The breakfast pastries were delicious, however the "hot" breakfast itself left much to be desired. The portions were very small and not once were we asked if we would like any second helpings to anything. It really was a shame that we had an experience here like this. Perhaps they could use a visit from Gordon Ramsay. It definitely ruined my first impression of what a "B&B experience" was like. I am thankful that we had some good company to share some laughs with during our visit.

To sum up, It certainly wasn't the worst place to stay, but definitely not the best. A few miles I hear there is a really nice B&B. If you are looking to stay in this area I highly recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We were extremely delighted when we drove up to the Inn not knowing what to expect from our Groupon purchase. I travel monthly because being self employed is so stressful. I picked this place randomly which was kind of crazy considering we live in Houston, Texas. The history is what intrigued me to purchase our 2 night stay. The Inn Keeper made us a gourmet breakfast daily. The old railroad bridge that ran along the side of the property was just magnificent! We had dinner at the Porch and was recommended by Lanae. The chef came out to meet us and he was from Le Bec Fin. Best crab cake and steak in the world! (And we are from Texas!) I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay! I highly recommend The Cornwall Inn and cannot wait to go back!! Love to you Lanae and Mary!! Michael Lyon and Renee Morton

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Cornwall Inn? Share your experiences!