“a relaxing place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cornwall Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornwall
Cornwall Inn
50 Burd Coleman Rd, Cornwall, PA 17016   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cornwall B&B and Inns
hagerstown
“a relaxing place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Cornwall innkeeper is friendly and helpful, and made us welcome from the moment we pulled into the parking lot. The Washington Suite was nicely appointed, and at the same time comfortable and relaxed. All the staff did everything they could to make our stay pleasant, which it was. The breakfasts were outstanding, and we were sorry our schedule did not allow us to try the cooked-to-order dinners, as I'm sure they would have been wonderful as well.

Other reviews have complained about needed items in the room missing or incomplete -- we were pleased that whatever we needed was cheerfully and quickly supplied.

We look forward to staying here again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We also purchased a Groupon. We experienced everything written in all the reviews here: the talkative Inn Keeper, wholesome good organic food, the intricate decor, the interesting Inn helper/check-in person, wonderful Mary and many more. Bottom line, if you have no expectations other than a laid back, low key weekend with good food and moderate accommodations - you'll be fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I can't say enough about the two days we spent at the Cornwall Inn. If you enjoy history you'll love the Cornwall, if you enjoy a place where you can be yourself and relax you'll enjoy the Cornwall and if you enjoy being cared for by people that make you feel like family then you will find especially enjoy the Cornwall. Lynee Porter is owner, Innkeeper and resident artist who designed each room with a theme and individual beauty. The food, the atmosphere and the hospitality are absolutely the best. Mary makes a fantastic breakfast and serves it in a beautiful open room all of which makes you feel welcomed and at home. It is a place like home and when you leave you know you're coming back......Thanks, Lynee......See you soon, John Monaghan

Room Tip: Any room....all are great
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

After spending two nights at the Inn in late August 2012 using a Groupon, I am baffled by the reviews of people who had a good experience at this Inn. It is a beautiful historic property, and is right next to the Lebanon Valley Rail Trail. However, like other reviewers, no one greeted us when we first arrived, even though Avery was watching television in the front room (we thought she was a guest). Lynee couldn't tell us what time breakfast was served or what time our private dinner was. I would suggest establishing a check-in protocol so that each customer is given all the relevant info they need when they arrive. The next morning all four rooms waited over an hour for breakfast--coffee wasn't even done until after 9:00 a.m. Unfortunately, we had to leave by 10:00 a.m. before it was finished. Private dinner was not good, especially if you are seated in the dining room and have to listen to the garbage disposal, smoke detector, and dishwasher. The 2nd morning Mary prepared breakfast (which was lovely) and many guests took the opportunity to complain about Lynee's behavior the previous day. We asked to leave our car in the lot after checking out while we went for one last ride on the trail. Upon returning, I hoped to use the downstairs restroom before the long drive back, but as soon as I entered the Inn I was confronted by Lynee demanding to know why we were telling Mary we were dissatisfied.

I cannot understand how their service can be so inconsistent that we could have a terrible experience and others could describe such wonderful stays. I would hate to see this beautiful property close or fall into disrepair, but I could never in good conscience recommend this business.

Room Tip: I would consider staying in Manheim, which was a lovely community.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We found the Cornwall Inn through a Groupon offer and invited friends from Virginia to join us. Between us, we have 3 kids which the innkeeper allowed us to include for a very reasonable additional cost. We loved the creativity and "funkiness" of the inn itself. It has been lovingly done. The rooms, which we believe were the smaller ones, were quite adequate in size, especially compared to other B & B's we've been to. We enjoyed the included Amish buggy ride despite its being about 45 minutes away. The inn is adjacent to a biking and hiking trail, Rails to Trails, not far from Hershey, PA and near the Renaissance Faire. The breakfast was lovingly made and served and the staff was helpful. The hot tub did not appear to be working unfortunately. Overall, we were delighted with our stay and hope to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We bought a 2 night stay deal at Cornwall inn through Groupon and visited this weekend.
This is a bed and breakfast property which is a 200 years old building. Owner did a decent job to renovate this place considering a 200 years old building.

The rooms were decent and clean. Daily hot breakfast were served every morning.
I think the room furniture and decor could have been improved a bit in freeman suite (where we stayed). This property is this is great for family and owner would speak to you personally for your inputs to improve on services. Overall, a relaxing weekend trip to Cornwall Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Annandale, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband bought a Groupon earlier this year for our stay at the Cornwall. The Groupon included a two night stay, a buggy ride, and a snack platter. The young lady working in the front reception area checked us in and I was a bit surprised she did not ask us for any ID, or for our Groupn; however, she quickly gave us our key and we were in settled in our room very quickly.

Shortly after we checked in, our snack platter was bought promptly up to the room. I guess we should have asked the lady of the house much earlier about the buggy ride because it was not until Sunday morning, the day of our departure, the lady of the house said she would be happy to set us up with information and directions We declined because at this point we were ready to head home.

I was torn between wiring a review and not writing a review. however, when I noticed the internet web site for The Cornwall Inn proclaims itself to be a "5-star rated country inn" I decided I had to write. I am sorry but this is NOT a 5-star rated country inn. I will to do my best to explain .............

Overall, the whole place gave me a visit to grandma's house sorta feeling; write down to that antique smell my grandmother's house used to have. The room was neat and tidy but rather warm; we had to keep the ceiling fan on to keep cool. I am sensitive to certain scents, and for me the towels had a musty smell; however, the lady of the house quickly offered to wash them, to make them fresh. Sorry, but this did not work. The only thing I can think of is the washer or dryer itself might have a musty smell, and the scent is being transferred to the towels. Unfortunately, once the towel, wash cloth, etc got wet, it made the smell worse. I skipped a shower our first morning and the second morning resorted to using my cotton T-shirt I bought with me from home. I do not know, maybe they do not use Downey fabric softener or anything like that because people might complain about that, too. I know/realize, I am sensitive, therefore again, it might very well have been "just me."

During our first might we tried to watch a DVD but it was impossible to use the DVD player, and no one else knew how to work. The lady of the house offered the TV in the library but we chose to wait until we got home. Also, It was not a big deal for us but the Wi-Fi did not work in the room either.

We stayed in the The Freeman Suite and as I mentioned, it was neat and tidy however, we did not think the bed was not all that comfortable; again, maybe it was just us and the fact we are so used to our bed. At home we have a great pillow top mattress with memory form and it is an amazingly comfortable bed.

Breakfast our first morning was very good. The second morning, not so good. We waited for over an hour just to be served. In their defense, apparently there had been a problem with the frig the night before ....... however, the silverware was not out, we were given 2% milk, instead of cream for the coffee, and the only choice for bagel as rye. You guessed it, I do not like rye. However, there was butter and cream cheese. Unfortunately, our breakfast was served to us burnt; not exactly something you want to see when you have waited for an hour! We eat our breakfast anyway and hit the road.

I will say, the lady of the house did what she could to make our stay pleasant and she was always very friendly. Even asking, what she could do to make things right/better for us. Again, as I said earlier, I am sorry but this is NOT a 5-star rated country inn but then again, maybe I do not know a lot about the ratings of Country Inns

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cornwall Inn? Share your experiences!