“Got this room for a family member” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

You added Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh Int'l Airport Moon Township)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Coraopolis
Atlanta
“Got this room for a family member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel I was staying in was sold out, so I went on Priceline and got her a room at this hotel. I was a little skeptical from the dark photos online, but the room was very nice. The front desk staff was excellent and VERY helpful to us in getting her situated. When one issue came up with a light, maintenance was there within 5 minutes....All in all a great value and a pleasant room. She did not use the internet or room service so I have no knowledge of those services.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Beverly hills, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I usually do not write reviews until I get home but this Sheraton is such a first class place I need to share it during my 2 night stay. From the moment I walked in I was greeted by a friendly and very efficient door person and front desk staff. I was checked in within minutes and asked if I needed assitance with my bag. The lobby area is as clean and sparkling as any place I have ever visited. My room with 2 double beds (as I shared with my daughter) was clean, airy, and with very comfortable beds and furnishings along with a wide screen TV with excellent reception. The bathroom was sparkling clean with plenty of hot water and a very refreshing shower head. The hotel also has a spacious fitness center. Just off the lobby is located a business center with several computers . A lounge area and restaurant is also located in the area. The breakfast smelled delicious. To the right of the reception desk is a small store where you can purchase snacks. Also in the lobby area is a sitting area with comfortable chairs and sofa where one can relax reading or watching another wide screen TV. Being an SPG member I have traveled around the country staying in many Sheraton hotels, this Sheraton is definitely the nicest and one I will book again when I travel to the Pittsburg area. Very near the Pittsburg airport with a free shuttle service. My thanks to Jeff at the reception desk, Henney the housekeeper and Shannon in the restaurant.

Room Tip: The entire hotel has been refurbished in the past 18 months and has the quality of one that was just...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Frenstat pod Radhostem, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

I spent about a week here and was very satisfied. I organized a smaller conference there, so I checked the hotel inside out. The rooms are very cozy, definitely above average and I really liked the design style overall. One thing I would like to point out, as do other reviews, is the bed. You get a much better sleep here compared to most other hotels - the beds are super comfortable, as are the pillows.

Food was also excellent.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Stayed for one night while in transit and this property is the perfect place! The shuttle picked us in less than 10 minutes, driver so friendly,professional and welcoming -got us off to a great start.
Early check-in was a breeze. The lobby is small but relaxing. The room was super clean. I love the crisp white lines and the comfortable bed. Being an airport hotel, I did not expect much but I am impressed by the amenities in the room- robe, shower gel, sewing kit, 4 free bottles of water, shave cream, loofah, music set to soothing nature beats, etc.,. The little touches provided by the management made the experience great- friendly shuttle to and from airport, the mall, amenities, Club Lounge staff that made us feel we are being welcomed to their homes, fully-stocked snacks and beverages, etc. Genuinely friendly staff, free shuttle, Club lounge food selection, clean comfortable rooms, quiet surroundings ( did not hear the airplanes) made it an excellent experience.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Bryan W, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience of our property on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear that your interactions with the staff were great and that the shuttle came so fast to get you! We make every effort to be as prompt as possible when bringing guests from the airport to our property. We hope to see you next time you are in the Pittsburgh area!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

The Sheraton brand has more than it's share of tired and worn out properties, this is not one of them. The staff and facilities are what you expect and it delivers. I will say that the planes do feel like they are going to land on your head at times, but they seemed to stop around midnight. Something you should expect at any airport location. Glad to see that Starwood is fixing up this brand.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with our property! I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Please accept our apologies about the noise from the planes going overhead. I will bring this up with our engineering team to see if there are any further soundproofing options for us. We can’t wait to see you next time you come through the Pittsburgh area!

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

I awoke to an amazing sleep in one of the most comfy hotel beds I have ever been in, all prepared to happily award this hotel 5 stars. Then I ate the breakfast buffet. That changed everything.

The lobby is lovely and the rooms are awesome. The hotel was just remodeled and it looks like it. I like new hotels and this one fits the bill. You do hear a lot of traffic though, so ear plugs are suggested if you need absolute quiet to sleep. The lighting in the bathroom is super bright, and while appreciated in the morning, if you get up in the middle of the night, be prepared for a blast of light. There are lots of plugs and lamps in the room. Odd that as a recent remodel, there are no USB outlets, something many hotels have added to make charging phones easier.

When I checked in, the desk clerk did not have me sign anything and did not mention that my rate included breakfast. Apparently they give you coupons for that, but the server went to the front desk and got one for me. My word of advice: if you eat breakfast, order off the menu. The buffet ranks as the worst I have ever had at a full service hotel.

There were exactly three hot items: scrambled eggs, meat and potato cubes. The scrambled eggs were a brick that I literally had to slice through. Mind you I was there at 7:30 am so I can only imagine what it looked like at 9. The potatoes were small cubes of cardboard tasting things with a few slivers of mushy green peppers. They were clearly dumped out of a bag that had not been prepared in a skillet. Someone had tossed them in a warming tray then put them out as is. And the sausage and bacon looked the same. No grill marks, just a limp mess. That was it. No pancakes, no waffles, nothing. As a full service Sheraton I would expect a larger and more varied buffet.

They also had a plate of assorted muffins that were swarming with fruit flies, bread slices and cereal, plus some cut up fruit. It's not just the limited assortment but everything tasted reheated and processed. I guess I would understand if I were staying at a Comfort Inn where they did not have a chef or real kitchen, but come on. This hotel has a sit down restaurant and someone cooking so there was no reason for this. My server was very friendly so at least that was a bright spot.

Stay for the room and you will be happy. But skip the buffet and you'll have a 5 star stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
First I would like to thank you for the praise of our property from your review; we are happy that the accommodations, amenities were all to your liking. I am glad you loved the bed! The Sheraton Suite Sleeper is the only 5 diamond rated mattress in the industry!

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast was not satisfactory. We have already reviewed your comments with our entire Food and Beverage Team to address and resolve these issues.

Should you ever find yourself in this area again, please contact me directly! I would love to show you the quality of food our chefs are capable of creating!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

This property has always been a favorite of mine with various corporate events I am responsible for. The sales and food and beverage staff are so responsive that even as the inevitable AV or odd glitch pops into the meeting mix, the staff and I work as a true team to find a solution. They are great. BUT, the best thing is the wonderful renovation that really makes an impression on my visiting guests. Great value for the great quality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!