“A very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

You added Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh Int'l Airport Moon Township)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Coraopolis
Frenstat pod Radhostem, Czech Republic
“A very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent about a week here and was very satisfied. I organized a smaller conference there, so I checked the hotel inside out. The rooms are very cozy, definitely above average and I really liked the design style overall. One thing I would like to point out, as do other reviews, is the bed. You get a much better sleep here compared to most other hotels - the beds are super comfortable, as are the pillows.

Food was also excellent.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for one night while in transit and this property is the perfect place! The shuttle picked us in less than 10 minutes, driver so friendly,professional and welcoming -got us off to a great start.
Early check-in was a breeze. The lobby is small but relaxing. The room was super clean. I love the crisp white lines and the comfortable bed. Being an airport hotel, I did not expect much but I am impressed by the amenities in the room- robe, shower gel, sewing kit, 4 free bottles of water, shave cream, loofah, music set to soothing nature beats, etc.,. The little touches provided by the management made the experience great- friendly shuttle to and from airport, the mall, amenities, Club Lounge staff that made us feel we are being welcomed to their homes, fully-stocked snacks and beverages, etc. Genuinely friendly staff, free shuttle, Club lounge food selection, clean comfortable rooms, quiet surroundings ( did not hear the airplanes) made it an excellent experience.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Sheraton brand has more than it's share of tired and worn out properties, this is not one of them. The staff and facilities are what you expect and it delivers. I will say that the planes do feel like they are going to land on your head at times, but they seemed to stop around midnight. Something you should expect at any airport location. Glad to see that Starwood is fixing up this brand.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I awoke to an amazing sleep in one of the most comfy hotel beds I have ever been in, all prepared to happily award this hotel 5 stars. Then I ate the breakfast buffet. That changed everything.

The lobby is lovely and the rooms are awesome. The hotel was just remodeled and it looks like it. I like new hotels and this one fits the bill. You do hear a lot of traffic though, so ear plugs are suggested if you need absolute quiet to sleep. The lighting in the bathroom is super bright, and while appreciated in the morning, if you get up in the middle of the night, be prepared for a blast of light. There are lots of plugs and lamps in the room. Odd that as a recent remodel, there are no USB outlets, something many hotels have added to make charging phones easier.

When I checked in, the desk clerk did not have me sign anything and did not mention that my rate included breakfast. Apparently they give you coupons for that, but the server went to the front desk and got one for me. My word of advice: if you eat breakfast, order off the menu. The buffet ranks as the worst I have ever had at a full service hotel.

There were exactly three hot items: scrambled eggs, meat and potato cubes. The scrambled eggs were a brick that I literally had to slice through. Mind you I was there at 7:30 am so I can only imagine what it looked like at 9. The potatoes were small cubes of cardboard tasting things with a few slivers of mushy green peppers. They were clearly dumped out of a bag that had not been prepared in a skillet. Someone had tossed them in a warming tray then put them out as is. And the sausage and bacon looked the same. No grill marks, just a limp mess. That was it. No pancakes, no waffles, nothing. As a full service Sheraton I would expect a larger and more varied buffet.

They also had a plate of assorted muffins that were swarming with fruit flies, bread slices and cereal, plus some cut up fruit. It's not just the limited assortment but everything tasted reheated and processed. I guess I would understand if I were staying at a Comfort Inn where they did not have a chef or real kitchen, but come on. This hotel has a sit down restaurant and someone cooking so there was no reason for this. My server was very friendly so at least that was a bright spot.

Stay for the room and you will be happy. But skip the buffet and you'll have a 5 star stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This property has always been a favorite of mine with various corporate events I am responsible for. The sales and food and beverage staff are so responsive that even as the inevitable AV or odd glitch pops into the meeting mix, the staff and I work as a true team to find a solution. They are great. BUT, the best thing is the wonderful renovation that really makes an impression on my visiting guests. Great value for the great quality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Because the hotel my husband and I preferred by the Pittsburgh Airport was booked solid for a conference, we tried our luck on a discount booking website and got a good deal at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport. I was pretty excited. I'd had great experiences at other Sheraton properties. I've used discount websites as a way to try new properties with relatively low risk and then return loyally at the regular rate. I'm thrilled I didn't pay sticker for this night from hell.

Overall, the facility was pretty nice. The only real complaint I have about the facility is that the plumbing was so noisy. Every time someone flushed a toilet or took a shower in a neighboring room I swear I thought the wall shook or the floor threatened to cave. Additionally, each time the heating/cooling unit kicked on it made an awful noise that never failed to wake me up (Room 206). This was aggravating because I was spending the night after a long day of travel and before sending my husband off, which brings me to my first problem.

The airport shuttle does not begin running until 4:00am. However, the airlines request that travelers arrive at the airport two hours in advance of their flights (yes, I know this is usually ridiculous). Pittsburgh has flights that leave at least as early as 5:15am (that's when his was scheduled), assuming 10-15 minutes of loading and travel time, arriving an hour before flight time is usually cutting it a little close. So I had to drive my husband to catch his flight because the shuttle did not run. So I'm already jet lagged and cranky, I got an hour's sleep before I had to drive my husband to the airport because the AIRPORT Sheraton can't work it out with the airport to have shuttles that show up at reasonable times for early morning flights. So I get back to the hotel a little after 3:30am. Of course, now other people on my floor are getting up to make their 7am flights so I get to hear the cacophony of plumbing while I try to get back to sleep. I'm so beat that it finally happens around 4:30am.

At 9:18am I wake up to yelling and screaming in a language that was not English in the hallway. A moment later, the loudest vacuum cleaners ever manufactured start rolling down the hallway. And I am absolutely incensed. As the vacuuming continues, so does the screaming. I look outside my room, you know, to make sure no one is dying or that the place isn't on fire. It's the housekeeping staff that's yelling! I have higher expectations from the housekeeping staff at a seedy budget motel, let alone a freaking Sheraton. By 9:45am I realize the situation isn't going to get better, I throw my belongings together and check out. Given all the people coming and going, one would imagine housekeeping could stay busy cleaning rooms until 12:00pm (check out time) before vacuuming the corridors, past rooms with "be quiet" placards.

To "make it better" I got a voucher for the breakfast buffet. I didn't have much time to use it (and the front desk clerk didn't tell me I literally had five minutes to use it so I ran my stuff out to the car first). The best service I received was from the two young ladies working the breakfast area who did wait a few moments to pack up the buffet so I could get some food and brew a fresh pot of coffee for me.

On the bright side, I didn't wreck my car from fatigue on the 90 minute drive home. That was the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bryan W, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback.

Please accept our apology on behalf of the Hotel for the problems you experienced with your stay.

In regards to the shuttle, our team determined that 4 AM was the best start time to begin running our airport shuttle. We are sorry that the hours of operation of the shuttle were not helpful for your trip. It is a challenge to perfectly conform our schedule to meet every guest’s needs, but we are always willing to make special accommodations if we can. Should you ever find yourself in this area and in need of airport transportation before our shuttle start time, please contact us! We would be happy to try and work something out for you.

Our apologies that our housekeeping staff woke you up after such a short rest, I have already reviewed your comments with our entire Housekeeping Staff in order to help prevent a future occurrence.

I would love for you to give us a second chance if you should ever find yourself in the Pittsburgh area. I truly believe that we will be able to show you the same level of service that so many of our guests have come to know us for!

Guest Experience Specialist
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel during a road trip last month. It was a great deal for the price and was fairly close to everything we wanted to see and do (baseball game, etc). I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area if you have a car. I'm not sure what the public transportation options are for the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!