“Hotel was nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh Int'l Airport Moon Township)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Coraopolis
New York City, New York
“Hotel was nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We enjoyed this hotel during a road trip last month. It was a great deal for the price and was fairly close to everything we wanted to see and do (baseball game, etc). I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area if you have a car. I'm not sure what the public transportation options are for the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First and foremost this a great airport hotel with a shuttle service that runs like clockwork on the half hour offering a great nights sleep on mattresses that are the best in Pittsburgh( and I've been in every 4* hotel with the exception of the Renaissance in downtown and all the 3.5* airport hotels..Big thumbs up to the front desk for my early morning & back up call for an early morning flight

Pro's--
Rooms are big and well decorated with card security in elevators & visible security at night
Superb mattresses offering a great nights sleep...
Well organized front desk and good service all round
Hot buffet breakfast at a reasonable price
Free internet from 4 PC's available in the dining / bar area
Well stocked gym on the 2nd floor

Cons--none that come to mind apart from an outside pool which limits availability out of season.

I'm a Hilton Hon holder and usually stay 1st and last night on my trips at airport hotels when in Pittsburgh..and stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of this trip & on the last night of the 24th Spt...it being my 5th visit,but am thinking about signing up with the brand to take advantage of offers for advance bookings..

Many thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: Higher the better with a view of Thorn Run Rd offering best view,though no bad rooms in my 5 previou...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Crescent-Hotels, Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Keith- well what to say to your review except Thank you! Being a hotelier the most important compliment to us is a satisfied guest! We look forward to welcoming you back anytime your travels bring you to Pittsburgh.
Baldwinsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

stayed at Sheraton Pittsburg Airport for a vacation/meeting. Staff was great. Room was very nice, comfortable and clean. Restaurant was great food and service. Everyone there was helpful, and made our stay a super great week.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We are thrilled that you had so many positive interactions with our staff. That is our main purpose in hospitality. We know you have many choices for hotels and we feel honored that you chose Sheraton. We are particularly pleased that we were able to deliver on Starwood's vision for service. As a Sheraton we are all about being friendly & warm. We want to make connections with our guests so that we become your choice time after time. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to your next return to Pittsburgh.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I was in town for a week on business in July 2014. I had never been to Pennsylvania and found locating the hotel pretty darn easy with the help of google. I arrived around 8ish pm. Staff were incredibly friendly, that evening and throughout my week’s trip. My room was on the second floor next to the main elevators, gym, and laundry room; I was concerned with traffic-noise but, no such thing ever occurred. I had mixed feelings about the room. It was neat however; the mixture of air conditioning and carpet sometimes left the room smelling like ‘mold’. There was no way to avoid AC since it was mid-July. The bathroom is spacious; a HUGE plus in my book and filled with plenty of towels (I was able to go the entire week without room cleaning service). I found the décor updated and modern however; I was shocked to discover that there was no iphone dock charger, stained carpets, holes behind the bathroom door and $2.50 charge per cup for Starbucks coffee which sat like a tease in the room. To add insult to injury, only two outlets were within view. One outlet was used for charging my mini fridge and the other for my laptop. I would like to see each room accommodated with more outlet power given today’s travels with technology devices. The bar, dining and foyer were gorgeous! I was told by some of the locals that the hotel had a recent renovation and besides the carpet and iphone deck charger, you could tell. What was disappointing about the renovation was NO continental breakfast or happy hour! What a shame! I would like to note that the staff was awesome! They provided me with a mini fridge and microwave immediately upon request and they always asked me how my day was upon returning from work. I didn’t hate my stay but, would like to see minor changes given that there’s really no night life or social venues nearby. As for that coffee…what a tease!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We have had customers confuse our hotel with others they have stayed at. We certainly do not charge for the Starbucks Coffee in the guestrooms and with the transformation to Sheraton a little under a year ago we added a beautiful desk with several plugs and the brand new night stands have 4 plugs on each side of them. Thank you for sharing this feedback and once you are able to give me a call I will have the room checked you stayed in to see what was going on as this just doesn't sound like the normal experiences of our guests or the guestrooms.
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on both ends of any flying travel. It is easy to get to off I79. The staff is very friendly. You can leave your car here and shuttle to the airport. The rooms are nice. There is only an outside pool which is too bad. I like swimming when I travel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your staying with our hotel and we too wished that our pool was indoors. It is great in the spring and summer months when our guests want to enjoy the sunshine which is unlike all of our competitors. However in the late fall and winter it can be disappointing. I hope that you had a chance to try out our Sheraton Fitness which is ranked one of the best hotel fitness centers in the industry. I am glad to hear that your interaction with my staff was a positive one. that is what we are here for. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Pittsburgh.
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Our stay was for overnight before flying out of Pittsburgh Int. Airport the next day. The hotel was very clean and the staff personnel were very polite and helpful. They even informed us of an excellent place to eat supper that night. The shuttle service to and from the airport was very punctual and the drivers were very polite. Will probably stay there in the future, when traveling from the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed there for 5 days in June while visiting relatives in the area. This renovated hotel was wonderful in every way!! Rooms are nicely decorated, comfortable, and very clean! Location is great and the dining/lounge is very nice with friendly, helpful staff!! We will definitely be back!!

Stayed June 2014

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!