“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh Int'l Airport Moon Township)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Coraopolis
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My family stayed there for 5 days in June while visiting relatives in the area. This renovated hotel was wonderful in every way!! Rooms are nicely decorated, comfortable, and very clean! Location is great and the dining/lounge is very nice with friendly, helpful staff!! We will definitely be back!!

Stayed June 2014

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this Sheraton for just one night in July. This is a newly remodeled property that used to be a Crowne Plaza Hotel.
We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is. They did a great job with all of the remodeling and I just can't say enough how much of an improvement this hotel is over the old Airport Four Points.
Check in was easy and we were upgraded to the top floor Club Level room and given vouchers for a free buffet breakfast. The room was a good size, very clean and you could tell everything was new. No problems at all. Perfect for a weekend or overnight stay.

Once settled into our room we checked out the Club Lounge. Wow! This lounge is the nicest we have seen in a hotel this size. Kudos! Check out my photos. We had some wine and snacks at their free happy hour in the lounge. Very good selection of wines and the attendant was very nice and easy to talk to. Later on we had drinks at the bar downstairs while enjoying the company of my son and his girlfriend. Lots of seating around the bar and Sheraton Link area.
In the morning we enjoyed the buffet breakfast downstairs instead of the free continental breakfast in the lounge. Very tasty and a good selection of hot breakfast foods, fruit, juice, cereal etc.
This was a much nicer than expected stay and we may use them when we fly out of Pittsburgh International Airport as they run specials to stay overnight and then leave your car at the hotel while using their shuttles to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for the top level floor with lounge access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spend around a dozen nights a year in various hotels across the country and we found this one to be a very good hotel. The staff was amazing (very friendly and no pushy valets, etc.), the bed was extremely comfortable, peace and quiet were the norm and we felt reasonably safe and secure during our stay. Keep in mind that this is an older hotel which has been nicely remodeled. Therefore, the rooms have modern amenities but the ceilings are low. All and all a very pleasant stay and we would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for two nights on business and I have to say this is the best hotel we have stayed in so far on our trips to Pittsburgh. The hotel is near the airport, however, I did not hear any air traffic. The hotel location gives a rural feeling. The hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The bed and bedding is awesome. I felt like a slept on a cloud for two nights. I am definitely seeking out the same bed and bedding for home. I will seek out this hotel again while in Pittsburgh.

Sun City Center, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights while on business in Pittsburgh. This hotel is in a convenient location, and the rooms were OK. The carpet had a major red stain near the desk. King size bed took up most of the area. Heavy comforter on the bed -- much too heavy for the season. Internet was pretty good, had problems connecting a couple of times. There's a number to call for problems with the internet. When I arrived, the desk clerk made a loud announcement that I had obtained my reservations through "_______ discount site" which he apparently didn't approve of. I checked out the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning but it was $16 and didn't look appealing. The area where the bar/business area (computers)/dining tables are situated is like a "great room". It doesn't work well for any of the functions. They offer transportation within a 5 mile radius (with emphasis primarily on the airport). They have an outdoor pool that didn't get any use when I was around. There is a nice exercise room with modern equipment and cold towels for after workout. The room was clean and useful for a decent place to sleep and do some work at night. If I am in this area on business again and I can get a really good price at "_____discount site" I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and I was surprised at how well the sound was muffled when planes flew overhe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BMATOUS2014, Executive Leadership Team at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback, although I must admit how terribly sorry I am that you experienced something negative with regards to your booking channel. Our world is global and there are thousands of ways to book a hotel guestroom in any hotel. Thank you for booking whatever channel you booked your guestroom and more importantly thank you for sharing this honest feedback. As worldy as we try to train our staff and as worldly as we want them to be with our guests this reinforces that sometimes a staff member doesnt see the big picture and this gives us a chance to work with them #1 on manners and #2 on understanding how important those channels are. Feel free to email me direct the next time you visit Pittsburgh and I will make your reservations for you at that ___________discount rate!
Warmly,
bmatous@sheratonpittsburghairport.com
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You would never know you were near the airport, the hotel has more of a rural feeling and is very quiet. We stayed there for two nights and never heard a plane. The room and public areas were clean and tastefully recently redecorated. We stayed in the Club room which was handy for coffee snacks and a quick breakfast. Would definitely make this a place to return and very good value for the money. Also loved the bed.. wish I had one like it at home!

Room Tip: We were in the club room and enjoyed the amenities.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BMATOUS2014, Executive Team Member at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. We have windows with several layers to ensure that airplanes do not interrupt your rest and experience here at our hotel. The transformation to Sheraton was quite an extensive undertaking and we are thrilled that you enjoyed it. There are many choices in the airport corridor but I can honestly say that we are the newest hotel in this region. Our finishes and furnishings were thoughtfully chosen and feel as though they were choices one would make for their home. The best that we can ask for is a positive experience as we are the closest hotel to the Pittsburgh International Airport without being attached to it and sometimes with that comes worry that the noise will be a problem. Time and time again we hear comments such as yours. We welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to one of the greatest cities in the US. Pittsburgh!

Warmly,
Granger, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

During my wife and I recent stay 7/09 thru 7/14/14 we had a most memorable and wonderful stay at the Sheraton. Everyone, from the front desk to hotel van operators was excellent. Specificaly to Eric McMurry front office Mgr. and Lolyd Temporary GM who made a visit most memorable. We had stayed last year at the same time during the renovations, which was not the best visit. However, this visit was difference of night and day. We were pleased with every aspect form dining to drinks and snacks in the Club Lounge, which Dolly provided excellent service. We did not meet anyone who we were can say did not meet expectations. So if you looking for great accommodations, service, and being treated like a King, you need not look further than the Sheraton.
Thanks again, and we will be back next year same time.

Room Tip: Stay on the Club floor if you can, well worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback of our hotel. Last year through transformation of our hotel to the premier Sheraton in Pittsburgh it was rough! We are so glad that you gave us another chance and that you had such a great experience at our hotel. We can thank our owners for such a beautiful building but the real thanks goes to our staff who work very hard at ensuring our guest's experience is truly a "Sheraton" experience. I hope that I have an opportunity to meet you on your return to our hotel and thank you in person for staying with us.

Kindly,
412-375-5162

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!