“Decent Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

You added Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh Int'l Airport Moon Township)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Coraopolis
Sunnyvale CA
“Decent Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Here for the month of January on and off....Flight crew....The beds are great, but the A/C blow air on you while you sleep....The room are clean and the staff is friendly and very helpful....The van drive are super helpful and the located is not a airport hotel....the drive is about 15 minutes from the airport, it sit on the back side of the airport and you can hear the place landing and taking off.

Room Tip: Hotel was just remodel....very nice rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a very frequent traveler, your feedback is invaluable. I will share your feedback with our entire team.

Regards,

Ellen Callas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lynn Haven, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Easy-to-find hotel near the airport (esp. if coming from the Pittsburgh area). Lots of parking. Check-in and check-out was quick and efficient. The desk person identified herself and offered any assistance I needed. Everything appeared to be clean to include my room. Comfy king bed, lots of amenities (no mini-refrig though). Loads of hot water in the bath, soft towels. Clean carpeting, big flat-screen tv, desk, very good free internet, ice machine down the hall, and the fitness facility was located on my floor (second floor). Value was very good ($79/nite (non-reimbursable). My only negative point is this hotel is "out of the way" in relation to places to eat or gas stations. I wanted to eat at Clark's, within walking distance, but it was closed the evening I was there (Sunday). So I ended up driving about 3 miles down the expressway to dine. I could have dined at the Sheraton, but the dining area was in the bar area and didn't appear to be appealing. I did have a few after-dinner drinks upon returning to the hotel after eating. The dining/bar area was pretty empty, but the bar service was attentive, drinks good and reasonably priced, and there were a few diners to include several at the bar (wings seemed to be the most popular). I would stay here again, as the price was very good, accommodations were comfortable and clean, and was very close to the Pittsburgh Int'l Airport. Recommend.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor which was quiet and easy to get to/from. Fitness facility was on this flo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. I am thrilled to learn that you found our new hotel attractive and well appointed. I am also pleased to hear that your interactions with our team members was pleasant and helpful.

I certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Poway, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Landed at this property for 2 consecutive weeks via Priceline. It popped up as a 3.5 star option as part of the "name your price" option. for both weeks, I got a significant discount off the rack rate and the rooms were well appointed and bedding was excellent. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and well appointed. I am also pleased that you have stayed with us on a couple of occasions and your stays have been enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

Regards,

Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Last time I stayed here, the hotel was under renovation, transforming from the crowne plaza to the Sheraton... What a difference a few months makes!!!! Clean, comfy well appointed rooms, nice lobby area and great staff...no issues with dark hallways and stuff like last time!
Glad that my company put us here again, it truly is a nice place now.
Easy shuttle to the airport as well.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a recommendation on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you love our new hotel! I am even more thrilled that your company has chosen the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel as their preferred partner in Pittsburgh!

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Most hotels around Pittsburgh Airport have significant up charge for parking your car during trip. The Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport was one of the few properties that provide free parking up to 10 days, with complementary shuttle every 1/2 hour starting at 4:00 a.m. and free wifi. Between the complementary parking, comfortable beds and close proximity to PIttsburgh airport (15 minutes away), the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport is a deal that cannot be beat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our Park & Jet package. I am also pleased to learn that you found our hotel comfortable and convenient to the airport.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

First I want to thank Eric (I think is name was) for being very friendly when he checked me in. He answered all my questions before I even had to ask them. Room was great, beds are super comfortable. I checked in with a bit of a headache and needed a nap and the beds were oh so comfortable. Parking and internet were included in my rate so that was fabulous.

I just have a little issue to point out. I had called in room dining and the phone rang and rang. That was okay. I finally got through, placed my order. I wish I would have looked at the time because it took almost an hour to receive my order. And when I did, the chicken on the Chicken Quesidilla seemed to be burnt. It was getting late and i didn't want to bother in room dining but thought I'd point in out.

Anyway, it's a great place if you're stopping in Pittsburgh for the night. The service from Eric(I think!) and the beds alone will have me coming back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for sharing your experience with the hotel. I am sorry to learn that your in room dining experience did not live up to the rest of your wonderful stay. I will share your feedback with our F&B team so that corrective action can be taken.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

Cherryville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Some of the earlier reviews reference this hotel being under renovation. Well let me tell you the renovation is done and the place is great. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, the TV was large with many changes and it was a good shower. The lobby was large and spacious. The hotel also had a very nice exercise room. I stayed here with a tour group and we had a special breakfast in one of the conference areas and it was great as well. Nice think bacon, bit pieces of toast and Starbucks coffee to wash it down. I don't get to Pittsburgh very often, but I will stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that your visit was very enjoyable and you found our hotel team very welcoming. I certainly hope that your travel plans include a return visit to Pittsburgh in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Sheraton!

Ellen Callas

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!