“Wait 'til it's finished with its conversion....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh Int'l Airport Moon Township)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Coraopolis
Northwest Corner, Connecticut
“Wait 'til it's finished with its conversion....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As others have noted, the hotel is in the process of conversion from Crowne Plaza to Sheraton. We actually ended up here by accident, having stayed several years ago in another Sheraton near the airport--which we really liked, and which we thought was the same hotel. The room was very nice, and clean,though the air-conditioning was much too loud. We were on the club level, which meant very little. For the extra we got a free snack bar to munch on and, from the regular coffee maker, cold coffee. I did, however, activate the Jura espresso/coffee machine, and got a more than satisfactory product.

Parking was a bit of an issue, since there was a very large wedding party going on as we arrived.

The restaurant/bar was simply a converted conference room to be used during the construction and was far too plain and small to suit its purpose. I think there were 7 or 8 seats at the bar--all occupied--and a room filled with unoccupied tables. We went elsewhere. I'm sure the hotel will be fine one day. Do yourselves a favor, though, and give it a little time before you give it a try.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport. We are finally nearing the end of our multi million dollar renovation. In the next 5 weeks, our new Link@Sheraton cafe will open with a beautiful lounge, dining area and a large Sheraton Link. We will be fully completed by mid August and I certainly hope you have the opportunity to return and see all the improvements we made.

Thank you again for providing your feedback.

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dayton, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived at midnight after a long plane ride from the left coast. Exhausted, we thought we were going to have a good night sleep. However, the toilet didnt work and when flushed it spewed water out the back all over the floor. We were not offered another room, instead they offered to send a workman up to correct the problem......at midnight with three little kids? I don't think so. We turned the water to the toilet off and went to bed.

The next morning, we had the continental breakfast which was far from appetizing and cost us $100.00 for 7 people, and left for the rest of our " family vacation".

Two room reservations had been made 6 months in advance, but had we not called two weeks prior to our arrival we would not have even had a single room as they not did not have our reservation. We found out only then that it had been purchased by the Sheraton, but there was no confirmation of our having already paid for our lodging and no mention of major ongoing construction. Luckily we had the confirmation number from the former owner and the Sheraton did honor our confirmation number.

With uncomfortable beds, unaccommodating room situation and barely edible, expensive breakfast, an elevator that threatened putting us on the ground floor when we pushed level 9, we will not return.

Room Tip: Until this hotel is completely renovated by Sheraton, don't bother staying there.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I am terribly sadden to learn that your stay was not an enjoyable stay. Please accept my heartfelt apology for the experience you endured. I am truly sorry to learn that beyond the inconvenience of our renovation, you did not enjoy our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. I will be certain to share your feedback with our entire management team so that your experience is not repeated.

I appreciate you letting us know of your concerns so we can ensure we correct the issues you encountered so they do not recur.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend for a "babymoon" to Pittsburgh. The hotel is being renovated, but the guest floors are complete, and there was just minor construction in the lobby. The rooms were beautiful - clean, elegant, and much more expensive looking than the price would make it seem. The staff was courteous, friendly, and welcomed us back to our favorite city when we arrived.

The room itself was stellar - new everything. Flat screen TV, clean bathroom, air conditioning that worked (well!). Didn't have a chance to try the pool since it was unseasonably cold, but it looked nice and well-maintained. We are very glad that we stayed here, and we would certainly stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Congratulations on your new baby! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your restful getaway weekend. I will happily share your feedback with our entire team.Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel.

Best Regards and Congratulations again!

Ellen
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was driving across the country, stopped in Pittsburgh overnight. Bid on Priceline for a 4 star for 60 bucks- won this hotel.

It is formerly a Crowne Plaza. They are remaking it into a Sheraton. Rooms are nice, but you can hear construction during the work hours. Staff is pleasant and helpful. They have a Wine SPectator 90+ wine reception in the evenings for guests, which is nice!

They also provide a free shuttle to the surrounding area, which has lots of really nice shops, mall, and restaurants.

overall, I stayed here because I won a bid on Priceline. Not bad for what I payed.

Enjoyed my stay, although very brief and uneventful

Room Tip: Wifi is not free. It is $6.00 per stay. They have computers with internet and free printing in the l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to learn that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and our staff engaging. We are in the home stretch of our renovations with all of our guest rooms, newly appointed in the newest Sheraton guest room package. Our meeting space, Sheraton Fitness Center and Club Lounge have been fully updated and completed. In the next two months, our new lobby, restaurant and expanded Sheraton link will close out our renovations.

Thank you once again for your review. I hope you have the opportunity to return to Pittsburgh in the near future and see our completed renovation!

Best Regard,

Pickering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I think the best things about this hotel are the staff, the location and the beds with the linen. This hotel is under renovation but the staff are so friendly and helpful that you don't really notice the construction. The staff seem to really enjoy their jobs and are courteous to guests. The location is ideal for me as I go to this area for the shopping and it is so close to every place that I love to shop at. It is a five minute drive to Costco, Mall at Robinson and other great stores. The room I had was beautiful, clean and newly renovated. I could not hear much noise from the outside world (I only heard 2 huge planes fly overhead) so I slept soundly. The beds are soooooo comfortable. Sometimes the air conditioner kicks in and it is a bit loud but does not stay on for long. I did miss the free wi-fi that I usually receive at most other hotels but this hotel has four computers in the lobby that guests may use for no charge so it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you found our staff engaging and friendly and our new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper very comfortable. I am also pleased to learn that you found our newly renovated rooms attractive and comfortable. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

Regards,

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

If you have reservations here, ask the front desk for a room away from the construction, otherwise you may have an unplanned awakening in the morning, as I did. I arrived on schedule at the hotel around 1 am and fell asleep around 2 am. Hammering began at 8:16 am on the Memorial Day Monday holiday. The manager offered to move me to another room, but I was scheduled to leave in just over three hours and was wide awake from the construction noise. I had to shorten my work that day, due to the lack of rest at this hotel. The room was relatively clean, but candy wrappers were missed by the maid on the floor between the beds. The bathroom also was not completely cleaned. The bed was comfortable and the A/C kept the room nice and cool, but the fan would not operate on "constant" in my efforts to cover up the construction noise.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my heartfelt my sincere apology for the unexpected wake up call. I realize that this must have made for a bad start to the day. I have shared your feedback with our front desk and construction crews so that we ensure we take better care in pre-assigning rooms away from the scheduled project work.

We are undergoing an extensive renovation and nearing the completion of our lobby, restaurant and our last two floors. Thank you for sharing the feedback on your stay. Your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and corrective action will be taken.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I just returned from an overnight visit to this hotel for a family wedding. Upon entering the hotel I was surprised by the amount of construction going on throughout the building, however it did not impact my overall experience. Our room was on the top floor and was spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the toiletries provided were of good quality. I was somewhat disappointed that there was not a fridge in the room, but we made due with an ice bucket. The wedding was wonderful and I was very impressed with the food. The filet was one of the most tender steaks that I have had.
I was very impressed with the staff and found them pleasant and helpful. On gentleman in particular went over and above by volunteering to assist me in bringing my mother's large oxygen machine down from the top floor and even loading it in my trunk- I was very appreciative. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport. I am delighted to learn that you found our accomodations comfortable and clean. I am also thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the wedding you attended at the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with our executive chef!

We are in the home stretch of our multi-million dollar renovation. We will be introducing a new restaurant and expanded Sheraton link in our public space. We certainly hope that your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh in the near future so that we can see our improvements first hand.

Ellen Callas

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!