“Construction noise woke me up.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Thorn Run Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh Int'l Airport Moon Township)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Coraopolis
Dallas, Texas
“Construction noise woke me up.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

If you have reservations here, ask the front desk for a room away from the construction, otherwise you may have an unplanned awakening in the morning, as I did. I arrived on schedule at the hotel around 1 am and fell asleep around 2 am. Hammering began at 8:16 am on the Memorial Day Monday holiday. The manager offered to move me to another room, but I was scheduled to leave in just over three hours and was wide awake from the construction noise. I had to shorten my work that day, due to the lack of rest at this hotel. The room was relatively clean, but candy wrappers were missed by the maid on the floor between the beds. The bathroom also was not completely cleaned. The bed was comfortable and the A/C kept the room nice and cool, but the fan would not operate on "constant" in my efforts to cover up the construction noise.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Please accept my heartfelt my sincere apology for the unexpected wake up call. I realize that this must have made for a bad start to the day. I have shared your feedback with our front desk and construction crews so that we ensure we take better care in pre-assigning rooms away from the scheduled project work.

We are undergoing an extensive renovation and nearing the completion of our lobby, restaurant and our last two floors. Thank you for sharing the feedback on your stay. Your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and corrective action will be taken.

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I just returned from an overnight visit to this hotel for a family wedding. Upon entering the hotel I was surprised by the amount of construction going on throughout the building, however it did not impact my overall experience. Our room was on the top floor and was spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the toiletries provided were of good quality. I was somewhat disappointed that there was not a fridge in the room, but we made due with an ice bucket. The wedding was wonderful and I was very impressed with the food. The filet was one of the most tender steaks that I have had.
I was very impressed with the staff and found them pleasant and helpful. On gentleman in particular went over and above by volunteering to assist me in bringing my mother's large oxygen machine down from the top floor and even loading it in my trunk- I was very appreciative. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport. I am delighted to learn that you found our accomodations comfortable and clean. I am also thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the wedding you attended at the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with our executive chef!

We are in the home stretch of our multi-million dollar renovation. We will be introducing a new restaurant and expanded Sheraton link in our public space. We certainly hope that your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh in the near future so that we can see our improvements first hand.

Park Ridge, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Here for one night on business. The staff if wonderful, very pleasant. The room I was was recently remodeled and very nice. The bed & pillows were awesome. Beautiful fixtures in bathroom as well as room. Very clean.
Lots of construction going on in the hotel which made for a lot of dust. Myself & my other two colleagues, that had their own rooms, were miserable in the morning. Dry itchy throats & very stuffed up. Once we got to the airport we were better.
This hotel will be very nice once the construction is done.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to share that we are well into our last phase of renovation and will be completing all of our upgrades by mid summer. I am sorry to learn that the dust made for a less than perfect night sleep. To add to this, our record breaking pollen counts this spring have surely made this season a challenge for many.

I certainly hope you have the opportunity to visit us in the coming months and see our new lobby and restaurant.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our family stayed one night before going to Disney. We won 2 rooms on Priceline when it was Crowne Plaza; before they changed to Sheraton. The hotel is still under construction. We didn't encounter any noise and weren't bothered by any of the work. We were asked at check-in if we wanted a king or double beds.

We were given 2 adjoining rooms on the 7th floor. The rooms were beautiful- neutral modern decor. Everything was BRAND NEW! The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The sheets were kind of stiff- maybe b/c they were new. Starbucks coffee in the room.

The shuttle driver came up to the room and helped us with our bags the next morning. When we returned from Disney, we called the hotel and the shuttle was there within 10 min. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. Many stores and restaurants in the area. IKEA was less than 10 min away. We LOVED it! (4 adults, 3 kids)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ecallas, General Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very pleased to learn that your visit was a delightful start to a trip to Disney World! I happy to learn that our efforts to maintain a comfortable nights rest while we go through our renovation exceeded your expectation.

I will surely pass on your feedback to our van drivers and housekeeping teams! We are closing in our renovation end date this summer. All of our guest rooms are 100% renovated and much of our meeting space and health club is completed as well. I certainly hope you have the opportunity to return to the hotel upon the completion of the renovation!

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here one night and highly recommend this Hotel for Pittsburgh Airport with everything ticking the boxes,from the Front desk to the Shuttle drivers.After a 20 hour road trip from the UK the Hotel did not disappoint and was collected from the Airport within 15 minutes as they run a half hour shuttle service and they are the equal( if not the best) of any of the Downtown or other Pittsburgh shuttle services.I stayed here last November when it was the Crown Plaza and is now part of the Shereton Group,and although there is on going renovations,the Hotel gets a big thumbs up for the room and professionalism displayed by the staff.I was on the 9th floor for my stay and the although the room was average in size,it was very tastefully decorated and in particular the bed was one of the best I've slept in for comfort.The bath was bigger than most and a welcome sight after arriving late from the UK and the overall standard cleanliness of the room was very good..( they also have Starbucks Coffee in room)..The gym is bigger than the one it's replacing and is on the same 2nd floorThere is still ongoing work in the switch over to the Shereton brand,and although still noticeable ,it did spoil or interrupt my overnight stay.A big thumbs up to Paula on the Front desk for solving a minor problem with the day manager over a local call on check out..I will be staying again at the end of this trip and can recommend this Hotel highly due to its customer service.On a final note I was impressed with the added security of having to use your key card in the lift / elevator to get to your floor...straight in and out then press your Floor level...

Room Tip: Top Floor(9th) is great and I gather some floors are still to be done on the re-branding of the Hote...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found our newly renovated hotel rooms comfortable and attractive. I am also pleased to learn that your interactions with the staff was pleasant, welcoming and professional. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team!

We are very excited that we are in the last stages of our renovation. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night before an early flight. The lobby is still being renovated, but the room was beautiful. Newly refinished with nice furniture, bedding and fixtures. Lots of thoughtfully placed outlets for charging electronics. Wonderful lighted makeup mirror and granite counter in the bathroom. Certainly one of the nicer rooms you can find near the airport. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Shuttle driver was very pleasant even at 4AM! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you found your room, well appointed with all the latest modern conveniences. We are very excited about nearing the completion of our truly expansive renovation and the rebranding of our property to Sheraton.

Thank you once again for completing a review on trip advisor. I certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Columbia Station, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I Have No Idea Why People Are Ripping This Place Most Of The Renovations Are Done The Rooms Are Nice And Clean And The Staff Is So Nice When I Got There I Parked After I Dropped My Family At The Door One Of The Staff Driving The Buses Offered Me a Ride Back Up Front Another One Was A Woman Who Brought A Roll Away To Our Room For Our Daughter She Was Hilarious Id Stay Here Again Oh And By The Way This Is A Sheraton Now

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!