“VERY COMFORTABLE STAY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Coraopolis
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“VERY COMFORTABLE STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed @ this hotel for 2 nights, enjoyed my stay, my work was in Pittsburgh Downtown, very easy commute thru Port Authority, quite a few choice of restaurants nearby. I had a very quite & comfortable stay. Will recommend others.

Room Tip: Free Shuttle to Hotel from the Airport
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
lraj, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your business & kind review. I Highly appreciate, you sharing your thoughts with other. Hope to see you next time you are in the area.

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My husband and I has stayed at another ABV and it was amazing, so we decided to stay at this hotel. First the room we checked into was FILTHY dirty, absultely disgusting. Their was hair evereywhere and something that looked like cat litter on the sheets. It looked like someone had blwon their nose and wiped it all over the wall. The bathroom was filthy and the tv didn't work. We went to the main desk and complained...it took 10 minutes at me explaining, pleading and then screaming at a man who barely spoke english...who blamed me for the rooms problems before he finally agreed to give me another room. When we got to the 2nd room it was just as filthy. I had to strip the beds because it looked like blood and other bodily fluids on the sheets, I slept in my clothes. The room was Ice cold, so we had to crank up the heat. It took over 4 HOURS before the room was finally BURNING HOT. I went to bed freezing, and woke up in a puddle of sweat! The air conditioning didn't work so I had to stand with the door open-which I really didn't feel was safe given people roaming the concrete walkways, just to cool down. We have stayed at over 20 hotels in the past 5 years and hands down this was the worst experience we have ever had...dont do it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
lraj, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am truly sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our hotel. I have searched my records but, unfortunately, cannot find a record of this complaint from the staff at the property. It appears that several matters went wrong during your stay with us, and for that I apologize. Please contact me directly via email ( abvi@choiceonemail.com ) or telephone @ (412-604-2378), to provide me with the details of your stay, so that I can look into this and resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

In addition, I want to inspect the room you stayed in, so that I can ensure that everything in the room is in working order and avoid any future guests from being affected by the lack of cleanliness or comfort you experienced. We are constantly improving our property to ensure our guests have a great experience and wish to return again. Last year, during our Quality Assurance inspection with Americas Best Value Inn, we scored an A, which reflects the high standards we are always striving to achieve at the property. This year, it is our intention to obtain the same score, as we are always working hard to improve the property.

I look forward to hearing from you in an effort to resolve this matter, as your satisfaction and continued patronage is important to us. I appreciate and thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention, as we strive to make our guest stays an enjoyable experience
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

I checked in on a saturday night and booked 6 nights after I made sure with the man at the front desk that I would get a refund on any nights that I didn't end up staying. He told me multiple times that my money would be refunded.
After 3 nights, I was able to get a sooner flight so I called the front desk to let them know that I would be checking out 3 nights early. I was told this time around that I would only be refunded for 2 nights and I argued, saying I wouldn't have booked 6 nights with them if I had known that this was their policy. I still haven't seen my refund.
Terrible customer service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
lraj, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
I am sorry to here that you have not received your refund for third night. After talking to you on phone I did put credit back on your credit card for 3rd night, please look into your credit card statement & if you do not see credit for 3rd night, please let us know, we can fax you c.c. refund slip as proof. Thank you for your feed back and & please call us to clear any confusion.
phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Our flight out of Pittsburgh was scheduled for 6;50am. Americas Best Value Inn has an airport shuttle starting at 4:15am so that worked for us. We were surprised and happy that the breakfast room, with hot and cold food, was open even earlier--we haven't found that hour of operation at most motels. The room was fine for a one-night stay. We were at the back facing away from the airport so we didn't hear any airplane noise. The room was equipped with a king size bed, small table and chairs, TV. We found it fairly clean, no unpleasant odors. The motel is an easy walk to QT for coffee (or drive for gas) and close to Eat and Park Restaurant. We had read unpleasant reviews of this motel but decided to take a chance for just one night. We were glad we did. For the low price, we were satisfied.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
lraj, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Thanks for taking time to post your review; we appreciate your stay with us. We strive to do the best to make our guests stay comfortable. Hope to see you on your next trip.
Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Reasonably priced motel and stood up to expectations for the price. Would have stayed elsewhere had I been entertaining though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Fairmont, WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I spent one night prior to catching my early morning flight from PIT and left my car at the hotel with the Park & Fly option they offered. The room had a strange smell, but appeared to to be fairly clean. The shower/tub was made of plastic...like I had never seen before. It creaked with every move. The clientele was very mixed...some left their exterior hotel doors open for who knows what reason. I would spend $20 more and stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Youngstown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Front desk clerk was friendly and polite.

The majority of the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The area near the sink to hang clothing up was a bit soiled and rusty. Other than that, the rest was clean. Had they turned on the A/C prior to are arrival the room wouldn't have been bad. It was musty for the 1st 45 min we ran the A/C then was fine.

The "free" WiFi didn't exist in our room. This appeared to be caused by the directional antennas on their access points that are visible on the external walk ways out side of the 1st and 2nd floor rooms. No access points or antennas up on the 3rd, where our room was located. The Access point appeared on my laptop, connected with one bar and then vanished. I gave up on it and waited for the free WiFi at Pit Airport.

Also a bit odd that the hair dryers, iron and ironing board has to be picked up and returned to the front desk. Not very practical!

Over all, not bad for the money and all the longer we were there. I should note that this hotel is very very close to the airport runway so take off and landing is a bit noisy....typical for an airport hotel. If you are a light sleeper, might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!