“Very convenient for Business traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Coraopolis
Minster, Ohio
“Very convenient for Business traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Needed a hotel near the airport for early morning flight. It is a short drive to PIT airport. It is not a fancy place, but My room was nice and clean with great work desk area. Modern TV with some HD channels including HBO. Thank goodness they had a Bistro in the hotel lobby, since there are limited or no nearby food options. The Bistro food was good for dinner and for the morning breakfast. At dinner time they also have a cash bar with beer, mix drinks, and wine. WIFI in the hotel worked fine. The Bathroom was clean bright and comfortable. If you need to take a few wrinkles out of your business clothes, the iron and board were about a nice as you will see in this class of hotel. I was impressed with how efficient this place was. The checkin desk folks were friendly and quick. Less than 5 minutes to get my key. The Bistro staff was also overly friendly and helpful.
My only request for the next stay would be a room away from the highway. I did not notice noise while sleeping, but while sitting at the desk writing email, you could hear the trucks on the highway. However, not a show stopper. I will stay hear again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ann M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. We appreciate learning of your experiences as a guest and we do share all feedback with our staff during our stand up meetings. If we can be of assistance in any way, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're happy to help! Have a terrific weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine, but nothing to write home about. Best part was dining outside on their patio, which is an interior courtyard as opposed to behind the hotel like at other Courtyard by Marriotts.

Bistro staff was very efficient, courteous, and eager-to-please. Front Desk also was, except, as another reviewer pointed out here, they don't ackowledge Gold Elite level rewards members (our status wasn't mentioned at check-in, as it usually is everywhere according to corporate custom, and despite having pre-paid, weren't given a very good room).

This property is closer to the airport than the other Courtyard Marriott Pittsburgh Airport, and good if you have airport connections before or after your stay or if you have business in the Coraopolis area, but not close enough to downtown Pittsburgh to be recommended for leisure or business stays in the city.

• Stayed September 2013
Ann M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and the opportunity to respond. Our patio area, as you have described is a pleasant area of the hotel, and was built for relaxation with the opportunity to work (WIFI accessible) or enjoy a glass of wine in the sunshine to unwind after a long day. We understand that "life on the road" isn't easy.

We appreciate all of elite members and I apologize if your status was not recognized. I will certainly pass this information on to our front desk manager and staff. We discuss all reviews during our daily stand up meetings.

Thank you again for your feedback. Enjoy your weekend!
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights last week. It is in close proximity to the airport. The room was a bit on the smaller side but it was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also spotless and clean. The gym was a tiny room with a couple of treadmills. Not many options for breakfast at the casual bar, particularly if you are a vegetarian.

Ultimately, I got what I wanted - a good night's sleep. My checkout was a bit weird - I got a folio when I asked to check out but later found out that they hadn't checked me out! Luckily for me, I called and the lady I spoke with was very helpful and rectified the situation.

In summary, this is a nice hotel for a short stay and well worth the money but I would definitely not put it above the much nicer Courtyard at Settler's Ridge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stay here on business about five times a year and its always a good, consistent hotel. They offer a shuttle from the airport, usually a 10 minute wait or less. The staff are pleasant and responsive. The bistro has been a great add to the Courtyards and you can get a full meal or snack, cocktail, which is great.

The rooms have been redone within the last three years or so and they very adequate, clean.

It's a better value than some of the alternatives and probably one of the more recently updated hotel options in Coraopolis.

Room Tip: I usually ask for a third floor room, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Champlin, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

So if you are looking for a reasonably priced stay in Pittsburgh and are willing to drive this is a good place to land. Safe, quiet (don't let the "airport" location fool you, we have not heard a single plane), clean. Kind of smallish rooms for a "suite" but fit our needs. Be sure to ask for a refrigerator when you check in (if that is important to you like it is to us). Restaurant and cocktails on site, but also some great dining experiences within a mile. Nice commons area, free wifi, nice pool etc. For a really fun, inexpensive, really really casual excellent american food experience try Primanti Bros about a mile away. The hotel will give you easy directions.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator, be sure to ask when you check in
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location is great, it is near to mall and shopping center. The rooms are OK the service is just fine. The pool has no showers, the breakfast place gave us incorrect orders twice. The problem is with the rooms their sound proofing is below average, I can hear the neighbor talking to his mistress and then to his wife (it is funny but true) very clearly. we can here every fart and every foot step. I wanted to to get gas, my GPS showed a nearest route I drove a little and realized it belongs to authorized military personnel only Thankfully I managed to turn back , watch out for these prohibited roads.

Room Tip: if you go to pit for shopping this hotel is great, and also cheap. with friends you do not mind nois...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel, while a bit older looking on the outside, is newly remodeled and cozy on the inside. My room was clean, the bed comfortable, the fitness center adequate if you want to do cardio (if you want a larger facility, ask for a shuttle ride to the nearby Moon Plaza - day fee is $10), and the Bistro has really delicious food choices. I wished the Bistro would have been open at lunch time (7-10:30 a.m., 5-10:00 p.m.), but I was able to cope. I appreciated the free internet, the helpful staff, and the free airport shuttle (that starts at 4:00 a.m.!). I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!