“Only 15 min. from the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Airport
8256 University Blvd, Coraopolis, PA 15108   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Coraopolis
Houston, Texas
“Only 15 min. from the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a pretty standard Holiday Inn. Nice bowls of apples available in the lobby. Room is what you'd expect--bed was comfortable. Internet was a little slow but it worked. Staff (front desk and housekeeping) very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little old but everything works!

Room Tip: My room was over the parking lot and it was very noisy at 1 am. Not sure why.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before for short convenient stopovers and was always happy. This time however the grunge effect got me. There was someone’s hair hanging from the hair dryer, an old dried face cloth in the bath tub and small pieces of garbage scattered around the waste basket. Seeing these sanitation issues makes me think about what I don’t/can’t see in the room. “Bring the Lysol”

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear RWBostonArea,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad to know that you liked our location and found our staff service to be good enough for your needs. I apologize for the room issues you experienced. I understand the discomfort that this caused you and I truly value that you brought this to our attention as this gives us the chance of improving what we can offer.

Pam G.
Pachuca, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Clean and comfortable for spending the night before a flight. Service in restaurant is not good, and food is average. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport, but you have to reserve in advance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear izuria,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and comfort.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the hotel restaurant service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Conneaut Lake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here on July 17th The rooms seem a little bit dated and they were having key issues so we never got a door key. (we had to be let in the room by a staff member). But no biggie as we had a early morning flight and checked in and stayed in. The big plus for us was the park and stay option. The shuttle was easy to catch and they were right on the way when we were ready to be picked up when we returned.

Charleston, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I arranged for this room through Hotwire for vacation travel for one night and stayed just this past Thursday, July 5th. The front desk were courteous and polite and I had no issues with check-in. So, I went up to my room to check it out (as I always do before unloading) and was very displeased. It was a non-smoking room but it smelled smoked in and then febreezed - yeah, you get the idea. It stank (this is room 815 should anyone from the hotel care). I called downstairs and told them and requested another room. They very quickly obliged, and I went upstairs to 713 to check it out. Initially it was fine We unloaded our stuff; took showers and went to bed. It seemed damp in the room, but no one mentioned it until the morning (we all were too tired to care at that point). The bathroom had NO ventilation - but this couldn't be the sole problem with the room. When I walked around in my bare feet the rug felt damp too! Ewwwwwwwww. When I checked out, I mentioned it to the desk staff (same lady as when I checked in - I asked her if she did 12 hour shifts!) and they kinda blew it off - just thanked me for letting them know, but I don't think for a minute they took it seriously. That's fine - there are other places to blow $100 or more a night on in the area when traveling. VERY disappointing.

The room itself (other than drippy dampness) was fine; the beds were small (full size instead of queen) so we were squished. Clean enough; but there was a cracked sink with a huge chip out of it. Not what you expect at this price point. Breakfast is NOT included. I gave the spa and breakfast a 5 star rating, even though we didn't use that. There should be a N/A. We went to Eat-N-Park for breakfast.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room; stay SOMEWHERE ELSE (unless you're exhausted from driving cross-count...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Isuzan,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and for staying with us. I am delighted you had a pleasant experience with our polite front desk and service at check in. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you may have had due to the condition of the room and bathroom. I'm deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you received during your stay. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, your comments are troubling and I will make sure that this will be looked into.

We hope you would give us a chance to serve you again and make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked this hotel at a great price through Hotwire and were happy with our selection. The decor is typical of Holiday Inns (though it has a good Pittsburgh history theme) but this one distinguished itself with friendly service and good maintenance. It's an older facility but they keep it up well. Location is utilitarian - low end chain restaurants are nearby but nothing fancier. It is very convenient to the airport. We visit Pittsburgh often because of family and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Airport Hotel in Pittsburgh For three nights, two of which were business travel. First experience was terrible, with a slow and rude desk clerk at night when I checked in. The process took over 20 minutes, not because of the complexity of the transaction. Then had to carry suitcases down steps just to enter the hotel on the side where my room was located. I then got on the elevator to go to the third floor, and it made such an awful shaking and noise that I feared for my life!

The hotel is downright filthy. Baseboards, carpets, balconies, pool area, lobby, etc. My room had been updated, so not too bad, but the bed was terrible. I asked at the front desk if their updating was including new beds, and they said yes, but none had arrived yet, and instead offered to turn the mattress, which I declined. Food wasn't very good, and coffee was somewhat cold.

I do need to point out the person who checked me out was very polite and tried her best to be kind and considerate to customers. My suggestion is to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't take your chances here. There are too many other opportunities to stay at other than this...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Dean G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm very pleased you found the check- out staff kind and considerate. I apologize for any inconvenience the hotel cleanliness may have caused you. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Irish V.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!