“Hit or Miss” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Coraopolis
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over that past 24 years. The rooms are nice getting a bit dated. The service is at most these days average. I have utilize the restaurant at the hotel and I not been impressed with the quality of the food yet. I have over 750 nights with Marriott so I do know what they are capable of providing in their restaurants. This past stay the food was the worst in all the years I have stayed there. I will give the manager of the restaurant an A for effort. She did come out and talk to me and tried to make things right. The booth I was seated in was showing extreme wear on the seats. The rooms are clean and again showing some dating . The bathrooms are small and very tight. I will probably stay here again just due to the fact of the location to the airport. They do provide a shuttle service be aware it does seem to fill up fast on a Saturday morning and I was surprised to find out they will stop at the Confort Suites next door even with a full van and keep packing people in. It is just really sad seeing such a prime Marriott Hotel in the shape it is now.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PNewmaster, General Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We use this feedback to improve how we do business. I apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations on your visits to our Hotel. I would like you to know that we are currently in the process of updating all of our sleeping rooms and corridor hallways. This process has already begun with a completion date of April 30th. We pride ourselves on providing friendly service and a clean hotel. In regards to your comment on our service, I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you. We are currently ranked #6 out of 335 Marriott Hotels in overall guest satisfaction. We have not ranked worse than #30 out of those 335 Marriott Hotels in the past 3 years. Although I am very proud of our scores and how we rank in the Marriott system, it is our goal to exceed all of our guests expectations. Even though our scores reflect similar rankings in our F&B operations we are always looking to improve. I will be sure to share your feedback with my staff as you make valid points. We look forward to seeing you again and will do our best to change your opinion on our Hotel. Feel free to contact me on your next visit as I would enjoy treating you to a cup of coffee or breakfast to gain more insight into your experiences with us.

Paul Newmaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at this property on 3/2. All arrangements were made by my sister and brother in law. They wanted to have a get together with the immediate family for their 50th Anniversary. They wanted us to all be together, have dinner, family time together. The immediate group was 14-17 people as 3 could not stay over night but just for dinner. They had booked rooms for all of us on the 9th floor. The hotel seemed to do a very good job accomodating their request for adjoining rooms. Several of the rooms were not ready by 3pm when we could check in. Our room was and their room was. So some of us just hung out in their suite and they brought the remaining keys up when the rooms were ready. They did offer the buffet breakfast complimentary for the inconvenience. I understand the suite was not one of the biggest ones but it worked well for all of us to gather before dinner and witness a vow renewal. We went downstairs to dinner. They had 3 round tables set up for us. Our server was very nice, very attentive. We did try some different appetizers including the batter dip onion rings. The batter had bacon in it and they were served with a chili sauce. They were huge and hand cut and dipped as ordered.
The food over all was good. Bread baskets were plentiful on the tables and very good. There was some time in between the appetizers and dinner. I do think they attempted to bring all 17 dinners out at the same time and some of the entrees were not as hot as they could of been. We consulted with our server as to what time to come back for dessert. Desserts were all pretty good, cheese cake, cookie sundae, brownine sundae, generous amount of scoops of ice cream if you just ordered ice cream. The crust for the apple tart was a little tough, maybe from warming in the microwave? A little tough to cut with just a fork but it was good.

In between dinner and dessert the group split up some. Some watched the hockey game, some went to the pool area. The fitness area looked nice and well maintained. The pool and whirlpool were also nice plenty of towels were stocked. The rooms all seemed very nice. Ours was a king bed with a pull out sofa bed. Bed was comfortable. Lots of pillows. They only had 2 bath towels in the bathroom. Some of the others said the same but it wasn't a problem to ask for more. They did have in room coffee set up but no microwave or fridge. At least it was cold enough to put our dinner left overs out in our car. Our one niece used the shuttle from the airport and it seemed to pretty frequently.

For breakfast the next morning you could do the buffet or order from the menu. A few did the buffet. It seemed to have a nice variety and you could have eggs made to order and make your own waffles. Breakfast service was slow as well. It seemed that they were attepting to bring all the orders out at once again. Some of the food wasn't real hot. They had run out of banana's so the french toast that was suppose to have the banana's didn't. It was Crunchy French Toast with corn flake crumbs. It was made with regular sandwich sliced white bread not thicker cut bread somewhat of a disappointment. There was homemade corn beef hash that was had bigger cubes of meat and potatoes. Crab meat and brie omlettes were offered. The crab meat was a little strong but that is a chance you take with seafood.

There was some construction going on as well. You could hear them working on the 10th floor and the area right of the elevator on the 9th floor was very cold. The ice machine was not working on the 9th floor so you did have to go to another floor. They did have hot cocoa at the front desk when we were checking in. The location is easy to get to right off the parkway. Did not have a problem with traffic noise during the night. There were some folks who were out in the halls around 3 AM and were loud as they were going to their rooms. But those things happen. There is plenty of parking. There were 3 elevators and they were pretty quick. All the staff seemed very nice and helpful. They made sure that my sister and brother in law were satisfied with how things were set up and going through out the stay. The over all stay was nice and we had a good time.

Room Tip: Room requests seemed to be honored as best as they could.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a nice place. Decent location and what seems to be a well kept property. Bed was comfortable, room was decently clean and staff was friendly. Requested a refrigerator at 7:30 pm and was told the hotel had ran out. Other than that not a bad stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Really was enjoying this property. Good location right near Robinson town centre, good food, good drinks. Room was well appointed and comfortable. Then, I wake up, get a shower.. water was impossible to control temperature. Would go ice cold to scalding hot, was already running late and had no time to try sorting it out or switching rooms. Really not acceptable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fairport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. When I reserved my room, I'd requested 2 queen beds, but when I checked in, i was given 1 king and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was thin and uncomfortable. The hotel is not within walking distance to anything. Very remote, had to drive everywhere unless you wanted to pay $$$ for food at hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one night in December to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Upon check-in, I mentioned that it was our anniversary. Later on that evening, to our surprise, a complementary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to our room. In my opinion, this gesture was going above and beyond the typical customer service the one receives when staying at a hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was courteous. We may make this an annual stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel every few months, with the most recent being last month. I enjoy the property every visit. The hotel has always offered great service with friendly staff. I especially like the morning waitstaff at the buffet, as they tend to remember the repeat visitors and make you feel at home. In the evening, the lobby offers hot cocoa or fruit-infused water with cookies. Hotel has free parking, a nice fitness center with great treadmills, and a nice pool/hot tub area. The beds are very comfortable. Bathrooms are average with the standard tub/shower combo. The only drawback is that the walls are very thin. You can hear doors slam in the hallway if other guests are coming/going. I stayed on the 2nd floor right above the lobby once and could hear the guests in the bar below late into the evening.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd and 3rd floors near the center of the building to avoid the noise from the bar.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!