“Stay at Connellsville, PA Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Connellsville Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Connellsville
Connellsville Bed and Breakfast
You added Connellsville Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
316 W. Crawford Avenue, Connellsville, PA 15425   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Stay at Connellsville, PA Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My son, brother and myself bicycled from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington DC and stayed at the Connellsville Bed and Breakfast the first night of our 6 day trip. The "Italian room" were we stayed was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities needed. The proprietors, John & Lucy were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was excellant

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
CRYSTAL RIVER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at the Connellsville B&B in mid June while cycling the GAP trail. We found it very comfortable and really weren't bothered at all by any outside noise as noted by the previous reviewer. The room was large, very clean, well decorated and had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable. The hose outside for cleaning our bikes and gear was very appreciated after a rainy afternoon on the trail. The owners couldn't have been any nicer or more accommodating and breakfast was very good. We would look forward to staying with them again if we return to area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

On the plus side, we found the property to be very clean and the room pleasant. The streaming IP TV with Netflix was another plus as there was no cable. The breakfast was hearty and tasty; good fuel for a coming day of bicycling.
On the minus side, the check-in time (4 pm) was a little late. There is really very little to do in Connellsville to kill the time if you arrive early. Another bad sign was the presence of earplugs on the nightstands. The Slovak room was on the corner of the building near a busy street and intersection. Expect to be awakened by trucks, or worse Harleys, as they pull away from the light in the middle of the night. It was not too bad, but not very peaceful, either.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucille K, Owner at Connellsville Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We really try to please our guests and regret that you found the room too warm and noisy.. Please tell us the next time, we would have lowered the temperature and given you a fan to circulate the air. Also, you must have opened the windows to have heard the traffic. I was in the room today and the traffic sound was barely audible with the windows closed.
Unfortunately,we cannot do anything about the train whistles. We have tried. Federal regulation mandates the trains blow their whistles at certain locations. The plus side in staying with us is that we are only one block from the GAP and the down side is the trains which run on the other side of the river parallel to the trail. I really wish we could eliminate the train noise. The only way to escape it is to go outside the city and away from the trail.

I agree the city, which is in a rural area with a population of only 7,600 has few attractions. The city is working on it. Please be patient, it will take time to develop. We have only recently become a more popular stop along the trail and it will take time.

The other point is the 4 p.m. check-in. Many people do arrive early and if the rooms are ready, check in. The 4 p.m. check-in is to not inconvenience our guests if the rooms are not cleaned by the time they arrive. Guests sometimes make arrangements to check-in early and that room or those rooms are ready for them.

We do appreciate your comments and do work hard to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible.
Confluence, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Annually I ride the Great Allegheny Passage Trail from Cumberland, MD to Pittsburgh, PA. My distances are short so I have plenty of time for photographs, exploring the towns along the way, and just stopping along the trail and enjoying the outdoors. The Connellsville B&B is my go to stop in Connellsville, PA. The owners are interesting, rooms clean, and the breakfast exceptional. Someone is there when you arrive, there is a hose to clean off the bike if necessary, bikes are stored in a locked facility, and the owners have good recommendations for an evening meal. In the morning the breakfast is scrumptious and just filling enough to get you on your way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Two couples cycling the GAP. We stayed overnight 5/26/14. Location is a few blocks off the GAP trail but easy enough to find. Locals were more than friendly and offered directions. My husband and I stayed in the German Room. Large, spacious, very clean. Bathroom very clean with multi-spray nozzles in the shower and jetted tub. Nice shower gels/shampoos/bath salts. Small sun-porch type room off the bedroom, big enough for morning stretches. King size bed VERY comfortable--had a great night's sleep. (our friends stayed in the Italian Room w/2 queen beds) Washer/Dryer just down the hall--very convenient for us cyclists to run a load of sweaty cycling clothes. Also small refrigerator in hall w/cold water to refill water bottles in the morning. John locked the bikes up out in the garage, felt very safe. Lucy served us breakfast. There were us 4, another couple and a single traveller. All very pleasant, good breakfast conversation. We were asked what we'd like for breakfast...requesting oatmeal along w/eggs. Breakfast was served per plate, with a large bowl of oatmeal on the table. Presentation was lovely, food was delicious, altho, egg and ham portions were smaller than i would have expected for our male cyclists travelog 60+ miles. Not much in Connellsville, the bar down the block, served food, but allowed smoking which did NOT appeal to me. We walked about 1.5m to the Italian Oven which offered one complimentary glass of wine or beer. They don't "serve" alcohol, but somehow can offer one complimentary glass, which was nice. I was impressed with how clean and well appointed this B&B was. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but very pleased once inside.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very good place to stay along the GAP trail. The accommodations were very nice and the breakfast was excellent. A washer and dryer are available. The owners are very accommodating of cyclists. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I can't say enough about how fantastic this place is...it is run by the kindest, most lovely couple. They have renovated it perfectly so you have the feeling that it is an old building with all the mod cons. I stayed at 16 different accommodations on my trip through the US and this was by far the best and newest shower I had and I stayed in half nice hotels and the other half BnB's and hostels. Being on my own I had booked the smallest and cheapest room but because it was a quiet week they upgraded me to what I think was the biggest room. All spotlessly clean.

The breakfast that Lucille made each morning was unbelievable...she is a great cook! We started with the best toasted muesli with little pots of different things I could mix in and coffee or tea. Then each morning she would cook something different to follow that like a spinach omelette or choc chip pancakes but in the most delicious way. Best breakfasts out of the 16 places I stayed in. Being on my own too Lucille would sit down with me and have a nice chat.

This location is fantastic if you're looking for somewhere to stay for the bike trail, it is a block away from the bike hire shop on the trail. It's a pretty good location too if you don't have a car - I walked all around downtown from there. As I came by Amtrak and didn't have a hire car, John picked me up and dropped me off at the train station which is so nice of him and thank god considering there are no cabs in Connellsville! They also let me come back the afternoon of the day I had checked out and just hang around in the tv room waiting for my train to arrive that night. Oh, they have Netflix!

The trains might bother some during the night but I consider myself a light sleeper and the bed was so dang comfy that I slept so well and didn't even hear them. They do provide ear plugs there just in case but I didn't even use them.

Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lucille K, Owner at Connellsville Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind response. We really enjoyed having you visit with us. John still talks about your spunk for traveling alone and such a great distance. Wishing you the best in the coming year 2014. Lucy

Been to Connellsville Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!