“Terrific Place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oak Ridge, NJ, United States
“Terrific Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Probably the nicest BW property I've ever stayed at. Beautiful entrance/lobby, big comfortable room, and even an omelet station at breakfast. Very good price value as well. I had a 2-night business stay in the Philadelphia area, and was extremely satisfied with this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Concordville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I posted a review on here before that gave this hotel a "terrible" review, but I took it down by demand of the hotel manager (explanation to follow). Now my review has only gone from bad to worse. In my original review I pointed out I had reserved a hotel room for the night of a Saturday evening wedding I was attending. I clearly told the employee at Best Western on the phone that I wanted a room the night of the wedding and with a king sized bed. When I got to the hotel that night they could not find my reservation. They eventually found it but I was told my reservation was for two nights, the night of and the night before the wedding. When I did not show up on Friday my reservation was canceled and my room was released. I ended up with a spare room they save just in case something like this should happen. I was told I was not going to be charged for the Friday nights stay since I wasn't there. To which my response was obvious why would I be charged for a night that I did not reserve and was not my fault in the first place the hotel messed up my reservation? After the mix up, I was given a hotel room with two full beds, which would have been ok, but the one bed had dirty sheets and there was hair on it. I did not say anything to management (which in retrospect I should have) but I had paid my bill and wanted to just put this experience behind me. BUT it did not end there. After this debacle, I posted my review on the tripadvisor website. Shortly after I was contacted by the hotels general manager stating that they were going to extend a "courtesy" and not charge me for the Friday night that I wasn't even there for, but they saw me "bad mouth" the hotel on tripadvisor and that if I didn’t remove my review by 5:00 pm that day they were charging me full rate for Friday night that they previously promised to refund me. So, after considering my options, I contacted this site to have my review removed. I then informed the general manager that it was in the process of being removed but that I did not know exactly when the site was going to remove it. I guess I should have realized what kind of people I was dealing with because as of two days ago, I was charged for that Friday night, the night I was not even there. Now, I do not really know if they are planning on reimbursing me or not, but at this point I believe that it’s not so much about being charged and paying for a inferior hotel stay, but more about the principle of the whole situation. They made a bad situation worse which could have been remedied quite easily and without further issue. I can honestly say I have never stayed at a hotel where in the event of them getting a bad review they will turn to a form of blackmail to get their way. I will never stay at this hotel again nor will I recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dickinson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was beautiful. There was even a small amount of snowfall during my visit, which the staff put rock salt down on & made sure to decrease slip hazards. Breakfast had wonderful arrangement of foods to choose from. Even a chef to make personalized omelets. Restaurant associated to the hotel - ambience was nice and warm; however, food was mediocre.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I recently stayed at Best Western. On the phone we were told our room would be one price, when we checked in they added additional $60 plus a $50 deposit which they said we wouldn't get it back for 2-3 weeks after. At the front desk they said they would take care of it. (Never did) When we woke up the following morning to use the bathroom. There was a leak under the sink which flooded the bathroom, soaked our clothes and shoes. When we went to the front desk they told us they would credit our account for the full amount. We got the confirmation on paper. Few days later the money WAS NOT in our bank account. When we called. They stated that they couldn't do anything to help us, except take $50 off. How they are still in business is beyond me. How they tell the customers one thing and do a whole other thing is completely wrong. And what's so wrong is 4 other guest the same night complained and nothing was done about it except to say it's "Our problem" the customers problem not theirs. Perhaps the hotel shouldn't hire incompetent people to work there. No one seems to know what they are doing. One says one thing others do whatever. Get your act together

• Stayed December 2014
Glen Mills, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my favorite hotel when I have business in the area. The amenities are excellent, such as the rooms, the chef prepared breakfast, and one of the best fitness centers. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. I've used this hotel for the past 5 years, and it always meet my expectations.

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at this Best Western Plus previously, especially when we visited the Longwood Gardens a couple times. It's not too far from the Philadelphia Airport and the rooms are always immaculate. We've enjoyed the Continental breakfast offered there, and especially the omelets made to order! Give the chef a raise!! The outside grounds are also well kept as well as the lobby area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Concordvillepa, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN Plus Concordville Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your kind review! I’m always pleased to hear when guests return to our hotel. I’m especially happy to hear you enjoyed the rooms and the breakfast. I’ll be sure to share your praises with our chef.

Steve Angeline
Director Of Operations
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and quiet. The lobby with the marble staircases was quite impressive. Years ago this was called the Concordville Inn and was considered an upper-crust Inn. Reminders of that time are still there. It is quite a ways outside the city of Philadelphia but that didn't bother us since one of us knows the area well. Don't bother eating at the restaurant on the property. Nothing about it was good.

• Stayed August 2014
Thanks for sharing your review with us, Bob. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms quiet and clean. We pride ourselves on being the #1 hotel in Concordville with easy access to Longwood Gardens. I’m surprised and sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our restaurant. We typically only hear great things from our guests about the food, service, value and atmosphere.

Steve Angeline
Director Of Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Concordville Hotel? Share your experiences!