“okay” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Clymer
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Second location @ 32 N. Brady St., DuBois, PA Luigi's has been operating in Clymer, PA, since 1984 and is a local favorite.
“okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We live in a town that has a large Italian population and restaurants and clubs that offer authentic Italian cuisine. Perhaps that is why we were not impressed with the food. The mushroom appetizer was disappointing. The salad had so much vinegar on it that the acid burned. I've never had dressing like that before. (Maybe someone forgot the oil?) The overwhelming flavor in the dishes that each of us ordered was bell pepper. The cocktails (specials) were extremely sweet (and expensive). On a good note, the waitress was pleasant, and the owner went out of his way to welcome us.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Great service, great food. I have liked everything I have ever eaten here and I have visited a lot.

Visited March 2012
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“The better of 2!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

In my opionion, this Luigis in Clymer is better than the one in Dubois. I have had good experiences every time I have visited!

Johnstown, PA
“Best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

My husband and I have been to Luigi's several times with friends. I am glad we have reservations because it seems the restaurant is always full. But they do not rush us. Most of the pasta and sauces are homemade and are excellent. My husband did not see what he wanted on the menu this time but had it before and asked about it (sausage and gnocchi) and they made it for him. I almost always get chicken parm and it is excellent. The portion size is right. We will return.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Who would have thought one of the best Italian restaurants would be located in a little town called Clymer Pa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Some of the best Italian food I and my party of 16 have ever tasted. The atmosphere and the staff add a lot to an enjoyable evening. Can"t wait to return ! Thanks, D. Brown

• Visited November 2011