We ended up here only because the Quality Inn in Meadville PA cancelled our reservation (see review of that hotel for the story) and this was the ONLY hotel available anywhere in the area located on our route home.
Another hotel in the area recommended we try calling this one because they were booked. We did, and to our surprise, the woman answering the phone said she had one room available but it was a smoking room. Because it was close to 3:00 in the morning and we needed sleep, we decided to set aside our policy of never staying in smoking rooms, Surprisingly, the room didn't smell too bad, at least in the beginning. However, everything else that could we wrong with the place was wrong. The parking lot is completely dark- all the concrete foundations for light poles have no light poles, so you're constantly dodging huge pothole after huge pothole. The stairwell leading to the second floor smelled horrible, the walls were full of holes and the lighting was lightbulbs attached to the wall with exposed wiring. The room had old furniture and that was it- no prints on the wall or anything to make it the least bit welcoming. The bathroom was hideously outdated and the floor was disgusting, but not as bad as the carpet that looked as though it was used to cover the floor in a mechanic's garage for years. The bed linens appeared clean and there were no begbugs so we suffered through the night, but only out of necessity. I wouldn't recommend this dump to anyone and the fact that it's still in business in it's current condition is a mystery to me. I won't even get into the fact that we got charged $75/night for something that should be worth $40... AND is advertised as starting at $40/night on a local billboard. The woman in the lobby must have sensed our desperation and robbed us blind, or the weekend rates are double the weekday rates... which I doubt.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Clearfield Hotel Clearfield
- Motel 6 Clearfield Hotel
- Red Carpet Inn Clearfield
- Clearfield Red Carpet Inn
- Econo Lodge Clearfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests will enjoy hot breakfast in our fine restaurant(Complimentary choice of breakfast sandwiches or daytime sandwiches along with coffee, tea, juices, etc), free wireless internet, and local calls. After a long day of meetings or sight-seeing or traveling enjoy a swim in the indoor heated pool or relax outside on the sun deck. On-site Jax sports bar and restaurant. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like copy and fax services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Country Hearth Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.