“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Clearfield
Maine
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was very pleasant, affordable, and staffs were all very friendly. It was easy to get to and easy access back onto the turnpike. Good breakfast in the morning after a comfortable room to sleep in. A short stop on the way home from a trip. Breaks up the drive through Pa very well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our facilities and services, and hope that you will come see us again the next time you are in the Clearfield area!

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were caught in a snow storm on I80, and we decided to stop for the rest of the day. We like Hampton Inns, and so we chose this property after exiting the highway. Since many of the Hampton Inns look alike, it was like "coming home". As expected, the rooms were large and well appointed, and breakfast was satisfactory. Unless we end up in a bad one, we will stick with our decision to stay at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our property. We like being a "home away from home" for our guests - especially when the weather is bad, I know it's a great feeling to get off the highway to a place you feel safe and comfortable. Thanks again for your kind comments - I hope you consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Clearfield area.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

After driving hours along Route 80,we decided to stop for the night. I called ahead to the hotel to make sure there were rooms available and spoke to Amber who was delightful and very helpful. We had the speediest check-in ever and were in our rooms in a flash. Amber then directed us to a variety of places where we could get a quick bite to eat. Hampton Inn is our first choice hotel everywhere, we love the consistency of the quality. This location was no exception. The fitness center was well-kept and the machines were properly maintained.

At breakfast we were again impressed with the staff - the woman in charge of the setup (did not get her name) brought us and everybody else, water bottles and breakfast mints (who knew there were separate breakfast mints?) and gave us a heads-up on the Sunday flea market nearby if we had time. We took her advice and had a wonderful time. There were closer hotels to Route 80, but we are glad we drove the extra 4 miles to sleep in the Hampton Inn Clearfield.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our property. I'm glad our facilites and services met your needs and the staff treated you well! I hope that you will consider us again the next time you visit the Clearfield area!
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I must start off by saying that the hotel is nice. It is not the most up to date but (like others have stated) it is very clean. The room was quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was ordinary and again very clean. The breakfast was standard fare and good.
The issue my group had was at check-in. We reserved three rooms. The first party arrived before us ( they called to say they had arrived). When I went to check in the girl at the front desk (who was sloppily dressed) asked if I wanted to check in all three rooms. I told her no just one and that one party should have arrived. She said no they did not (causing me to worry) and that she could only check in all three rooms together. When I continued to argue, she realized that one party did check in. So she said that she needed to check in the remaining two. I argued again that I only wanted to check into one room. She finally said that was doable. Then I told her that I wanted the room on my credit card, not the one used to hold the reservation. She said that she could not do that. In the meantime the third party came to check in. After pressing many buttons, she printed out two confirmations on my credit card and one on the third party's card. In the end we went to our rooms not knowing how much or on what cards the rooms would be charged. She told us that it was only her second day on the front desk. The next morning the very competent girl at the front desk seemed to straighten everything out. She said that the girl from the day before had been working for three weeks on the front desk. I will still check out my credit card statement for accuracy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience, so I'm glad you let us know so that we can continue working with our newer employees. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced while checking in. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This property is right next to e Lowes and Walmart, so provides for a convenient quick stop when traveling down I-80. They have upgraded the rooms, which are very nice. The fitness equipment has yet to be replaced. The old elyptical has no ledge on which to set your iPad, so the hotel will be even nicer once that is swapped out. They offer a hot and cold breakfast selection before you head out for the day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We're excited about our renovations, and we're almost done with the lobby with only some trim work yet to be completed. We also have put a new floor in our fitness room, new wall covering, and once the trim is complete, we'll have new mirrors there too, which we've never had before!

I'm glad you thought our hotel was convienent for you and that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you visit us again the next time you are in the Clearfield area!
Tacoma, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great service from the front desk staff through to the housekeeping staff. Very helpful to help you find what you need during your stay. Very friendly, always willing to assist you in anyway possible to make the best of your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and service when you recently stayed at our property. Hospitality is our business, and I'm glad we made you feel comfortable! I hope that you have a chance to stay with us again!
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice place to stay in Clearfield. Desk people are very helpful. Rooms are standard Hampton Inn.
Well kept. Undergoing new renovation in the breakfast lounge area. Close to I-80 for an easy on/off. Walmart and Lowes right next door.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Karen M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your stay at our hotel! We know our renovations may have caused a few unorganized moments, but the end result looks like something our guests will love! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us again on your next visit to Clearfield!

Been to Hampton Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!