“No frills, but fine for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Budget Inn Clearfield
6321 Clearfield Woodland Hwy, Clearfield, PA 16830   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Maryland
“No frills, but fine for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped for one night en route to New York and, overall, everything was just fine. It's definitely no frills -- nothing fancy -- but for two exhausted travelers who arrived after a five-hour drive at 11:30 p.m., it suited our needs: a clean bed, a working bathroom, a quiet room. We stayed in the pet-free portion of the motel, which did not have an individual entrance, but could park close to the room. The air conditioning unit worked well!

The gentleman at the front desk was very nice in accommodating our (very) late arrival. For the price, you really can't beat it -- and it felt like a safe and quiet location. Easy to find off the major roadways, and easy to get back on the road to our final destination. I would stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Anywhere, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling west on I-80 and decided to stop on clearfield. We had a travel book with coupons, and this particular one said exit 123 off 80, which took us through back roads to find the hotel. When we checked in, they wouldn't let us use the coupon because he said it was for "a single bed" and all they had left was 2 beds. The man asked us several times about pets, we kept saying we don't have any.. Very annoying. Our room was typical, no batteries in smoke alarm, what seemed like a hand towel on the bathroom window and a plastic cup of who knows what behind the toilet. (Pics) needless to say, I would've rather paid a little more and stayed at the hotel down the street.

• Stayed August 2013
rodewayinnclearfield, Webmaster at Budget Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Rodeway Inn, Clearfield PA during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and observations during your stay.

We take them seriously as it will contribute towards improving our guest experiences.

Upon receipt of your review, the entire hotel staffs have given specific training to offer the guests the best hospitality.

The next time you visit our area, please choose to stay at our hotel again and experience a nice stay and an enduring hospitality.

Hotel Manager.
Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

For the price (I paid $35 with the coupon from the interstate travel guide), it was very good value. The room was clean and adequate and the area was very quiet. It was also next door to a restaurant which made it very convenient.. For a decent night sleep that doesn't cost alot this place met all my expectations..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was looking for a cheap place to stop in for one night as we passed through. The decor and condition was basically what I had expected from a $50/night hotel room. I don't think the room was vacuumed but everything else looked clean enough.
My biggest issues were safety related. We were a late arrival at about 10pm and it was just me (a female) and my 4 year old daughter. The woman behind the counter made me tell her my cell number and then announced what room number we were in, even though a man had come in after us and the lobby is terribly small. I was uneasy enough that I put a chair up against the door in our room.
The only window in the room was in the bathroom, and the curtain did not cover the window completely (see pic). Also, as I was laying in bed the next morning I realized that the batteries in the smoke detector had been taken out (see pic). This is unacceptable which is why I gave them such a bad rating. I then noticed the rather odd and presumptuous envelope/letter (see pic) from the maid. I said the room was "clean enough," I never said it was spotless.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Rodeway Inn, Clearfield to stay during your last visit to our area.

Our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We have taken your review seriously and trained the front office staff to be very courteous and supportive to the guests.

We are also improving the amenities and cleaning practices effectively.

Please consider visiting us once again and have a new experience.

Hotel Manager.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

First of all, why are hotels on I-80 so expensive in Pennsylvania? Seriously, This hotel was the cheapest by a long-shot. Every hotel on that highway was 90 dollars or more, even some crappy chain hotels charging as much as 160/night. No Thanks Holiday Inn! So we yelped to find a hotel under 100 dollars and this was pretty much the only one that came up. When driving from northern Maine to Indiana a stop was necessary. After camping for a week in Acadia National Park any room with a shower and bed was acceptable. This place is a dive of sorts, but its so cheap who cares? All I wanted to do was sleep and shower and this place helped me accomplish this goal. I think this place is run by a friendly Hare Krishna group, and here is what you need to expect; the office smells strongly of moth balls and the pillows on the bed are no picnic. The showers are very out of date like perhaps from the 50's or 60's but are not cool in a mod-retro way. When getting off of 80 there is a bit of a jaunt to get to the hotel, we cruised for a 5-10 minutes into a steamy forest and thought we may be getting off track don't be scared, just keep going, when you leave in the morning to get back on the highway its only a few minutes to get back on the road. I would definitely recommend this for a stopover intended only to sleep. There a school or church across the road and another random hotel next door, but there isn't much else around. Also I would like to thank the family for letting us check in so late, around 2 or 3 AM it was really awesome because we were so tired and couldn't dream of paying so much for a night

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Enfield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a coupon book and paid 34.99 plus tax or whatever. The place was very clean with no bed bugs, and for me, that's all I need. We only stopped to sleep on a long trip. Had microwave, tv, refrigerator, ice machine nearby, two beds, table for two with chairs, shampoo and soap....nice firm beds (maybe too firm for some, but I liked it), It was quiet and had a restaurant next door, though we weren't thrilled with the buffet. The people at the motel were very nice, and even checked our room as we were leaving and saved me from leaving two of my own special pillows behind. Seriously. Breakfast was coffee, juice and packaged donuts....not great....but for the price.......why pay more?

Room Tip: ask for one on the parking lot, not on the inside hallway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

As always, if you seek the Hilton, stay at the Hilton. If you stay at the Budget Inn, expect a budget hotel. This place is basic but gets the job done. Three of us (parents, older child) stayed there, and while it was nothing fancy, the price was right, and the stay was comfortable. Beds were fine, TV worked well (hi-def, I think), clean and bug-free.

We checked in quite late, so the owner gave us 30 more minutes for check-out the next day. Accommodating and quite friendly.

Drawbacks were minor: Towels were a bit thin. We heard a baby crying next door in the morning, but you might get that anywhere. The motel is a bit off the beaten path, so make sure you know where you're going.

Finally, while we didn't have a chance to try it, a family restaurant is right next door to the motel, and we heard good things about it. Very convenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!