“Rodeway Inn - So-So” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
6259 Clearfield Woodland Hwy, RR 2 Box 297B (SR 322 E), Clearfield, PA 16830   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Rodeway Inn - So-So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife & I stayed here on our way to New England for a funeral. The room was large for a Rodeway and the check-in clerk was friendly and efficient. We would have given it a higher rating if it weren't for: 1) The heating system was very noisy and underrated for the large room. It took most of the night for the room to heat up, but some parts were still cool in the morning, including the bathroom, which had no heat. 2) The water flow in the shower was not consistent. You had to keep turning up the hot water. 3) The so-called continental breakfast only consisted of beverages, danish, muffins and donuts. Nothing at all healthy. 4) Though this Rodeway looked like it had been remodeled, the low-end Choice Motel rooms in general (but not all) are run down and not designed for the business traveler. Though they may have a desk, there is no outlet nearby to plug in a laptop PC. This Rodeway is only fair for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: There are better places to stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have stayed at this motel several times, as we find it a convenient stop when driving from New York to Ohio. Our last stay, in September 2012, exceeded our expectations: we were given a newly refurbished room with fridge and microwave which we had not even requested. The location is ideal and the people who run it extremely helpful. We'll keep coming!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Ariel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in August 2012 . The room was clean, and everything was in good working order. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant. It was a good place to spend the night (just a short drive from Route 80). I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here twice at beginning of year. We came back looking forward to seeing jim. He was not there. They were rude. The lady owner was trying to come in our room before we were done in the room. We were planning a reunion in the area in december but if jim is not there we will be finding a new place. If you knew the guy jim you know what I'm talking about. He was the best and I am very hard to satisfy. Please bring jim back for my reunion.

• Stayed August 2012
rodewayinnclearfield, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We have a full staff of friendly, accommodating hospitality industry professionals and don’t build our hotel’s strong reputation on any one person. Still, I’m pleased that we satisfied you in the past and apologize for any small lapses in this case. We’re always getting better and look forward to serving you again in December. Our entire staff will do what we can to make it a great experience.

Hotel Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed their in July 2012 for a night. Our room was fresh and clean and the motel in general and grounds were well kept. If you're looking for a good value look no further - my wife was happy and that's says allot! The restaurant next door was a plus as well!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were on our way to Connecticut from Indiana and thought we wouldn't have trouble finding a room when we decided to stop in Pennsylvania late at night. EVERYTHING was booked. One place said everything is always booked all summer long. I found this place on my phone, checked the reviews and took a chance. It doesn't look like much but it is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. It is older but they have done some updates. I think the carpet & bedspread were newer. It's a bit off the main road but only a few minutes. I would stay again for a night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cromwell, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here with my family (wife and 2 kids) twice for a night each in quick succession - on my ways to and from Chicago - 4 days apart. Both the stays were satisfactory. The rooms are dated, and so are the furniture, upholstery and linen. But there were no problems whatsoever. We stayed on the bottom floor the first time, in room 102. The second time, it was top floor (201), which was slightly better in quality than the first one.

Some positives:
i) An extra sink in the room, other than the one in the bathroom. Definitely helps when 4 people are getting ready in the morning.
ii) Parking is right in front of the rooms. Helps when you have to haul luggage and sleeping kids into the room at night.
iii) The best part was the attention they paid to the requests we made. For both nights, we requested a room on the bottom floor, a crib for the baby, and a refrigerator and a microwave. Apart from the room being located on the second floor on our second stay, every other request was attended to. I give them a benefit of doubt with the top floor room on the second stay. However, the room turned out to be better.
iv) Ease of check-in and check-out. Check-in was really a minute. Check-out was in form of a key drop.

Negatives:
i) The advertised complementary breakfast. This was a disaster - the worst spread of breakfast I ever saw. There was coffee all right, but almost nothing else. A small muffin, a danish and a gallon bottle of juice. We had relied on the breakfast, but had to go elsewhere for the same.
ii) The drain stopper was absent in the bathroom tubs in both the rooms we stayed in. We did not have any problem with this, but be careful with your rings when you shower.
iii) Location - It is located about 3 miles off I-80 Since we used this just as a place to sleep, this added about 2 miles of drive.

If the breakfast was better, or even no breakfast, I would have rated this 4/5. But the meager breakfast is almost a promise not kept, a contract broken.

Room Tip: If you are ok with the uppoer floor, the rooms may be better/upgraded.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback. You can be sure that our hotel has changed and improved in many ways since your stay. While I’m pleased that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, our continuous improvement process means we’re now better than ever and look forward to serving you again. You’ll be please with what you see when you return to us.

Hotel Manager

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!