“Lucky find” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Victorian Loft
216 S Front Street, Clearfield, PA 16830   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Clearfield B&B and Inns
Bexley, Ohio
“Lucky find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I were lucky to have located the Victorian Loft Bed & Breakfast in Clearfield, PA. We wanted to stop about halfway across Pennsylvania on our trip from Columbus, Ohio to New York State. Our stay at the Victorian Loft was very pleasant. The house is beatifully kept and furnished with lovely antiques and all necessary modern amenities. Our hostess, Peg Durant, was charming and a font of information about local and regional items of interest. The breakfast she made was great. She was able to meet our specific dietary needs without any problem: my husband is a vegan, and I must avoid dairy, wheat and chocolate. The beds were comfortable.The price of lodging was reasonable. One important note: you must be able to climb stairs. We highly recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: Lydia's room has two beds and a private balcony off the bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi, Pat - I appreciate your recent contribution to Trip Advisor reviews for our B&B. When a guest has dietary restrictions, it provides an opportunity for me to explore creative, and hopefully, tasty ways to meet those requirements while still serving a memorable breakfast. It appears from your review that the result was successful.

We love sharing our home with guests....and when they appreciate the Victorian ambiance as well as the modern comfort, it is doubly rewarding. Thank you for taking time to write such a thoughtful review. I hope you will come back if your travels bring you to or through the Pennsylvania Wilds in the future!

Peggy Durant

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My second stay at Peggy's Victorian Loft. Its a special place right by the river. Quiet and unique. Every room in the house is warm and filled with hand-made lines by Peggy. I stayed there last December and now with the summer weather, the area is filled with green and blooming flowers. The morning breakfasts and company are what make this Bed and Breakfast worth the trip. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I've stayed on the third floor because I've been there on work and like to spread out and ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay - now you have experienced both winter and summer along the West Branch of the Susquehanna River! Only two more seasons to go!

It is always a pleasure to host return guests and you especially brightened our week with your cheerful and enthusiastic presence! We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you to or through the PA Wilds! Thank you for taking time to submit your kind review. It is appreciated!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Arrived for a family reunion to discover a Beautiful house....warm , gracious hosts....home made breakfast ... Delicious... Accommodating...clean...
.historic...if I missed anything you will discover it for yourself

• Stayed August 2013
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Visitors who are coming for a family get together are among our favorite guests. You, your siblings and spouses coming from three states once again affirmed our county's tourism slogan "Halfway to Everywhere". After such a long separation, your reunion was filled with much laughter, moments of absolute hilarity and entertaining story telling. Thanks for letting me share in some of your family history and fun. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - I certainly did as well. Thank you for your kind review.
Martinsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just spent another wonderful night at our favorite B&B! It really is like 'home away from home!' It was great to see Peggy again, to stay in our favorite 'Lydia's Room,' to enjoy the smell of luscious baking when we came in at night, and to savor that baking along with all the other wonderful breakfast items. Pear pancakes? Who knew? Freshly made fruit juice, a huge bowl of fresh fruit, local sausage, chocolate-cherry-almond coffeecake (so that was the marvelous smell last night!). Coffee, tea, whatever you prefer. Everything served on vintage china with vintage linens. How we wanted to stay more than one night! This was my fifth or sixth stay at the Victorian Loft and my husband's second. There will be many more, we hope! It's the best! Thanks, Peggy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
It is always a pleasure to host your visits. I am very appreciative of you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your review is apparently being read as I had a request for pear pancakes shortly after it was posted! Thank you. I look forward to seeing you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If some occasion brings you to this part of PA, there is a place to stay that will add to your enjoyment and that is this treasure of a small Inn. The Victorian Loft is not a wanna be, it is the real deal. Authentic architecture and artifacts plus outstanding service is what will greet you. Do yourself a favor and book a room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Peggy is a charming and attentive host in her delightful home. Immaculate, comfortable and spacious with everything you need taken care of plus thoughtful additional touches such as home made chocolate chip cookies. The breakfast was superb - sausages from a local farm, pecan and banana pancakes and zucchini bread. This was our very best experience in a B&B and we would recommend staying more than one night if you can.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I spent the night at the Victorian Loft when I went to Clearfield for my class reunion. The house was beautiful with a lot of attention to details. Peggy was so gracious and made us feel welcome and comfortable. The room and bath were lovely and the breakfast was simply delicious! Peggy is so talented and friendly. We plan to stay there again when we come to the region.

Room Tip: Lydia's room is perfect for couples. It even has two beds!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Victorian Loft? Share your experiences!