“Another Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Clarks Summit
long island, new york
“Another Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Thank you to the staff at the Inn for another great visit!

I called it for a room request and spoke with Megan at the front desk. She was very gracious and accomodating and set the tone for a wonderful 3 day get away!

They do provide breakfast but I did not partake but the coffee was fresh and there was hot water out for tea and hot cocoa all day.

My room was very good; clean and quiet and spacious.

Took a dip in the pool and worked out in the exercise room during my stay. I didnt have to bring my laptop in due to computers being in the lobby.

As mentioned, another great visit and I look forward to returning soon!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us..I have passed on your kind remarks to Megan she was thrilled.Perhaps on your next visit you will have the time to visit our full service Spa that we put in last year

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Nichols Village had many ups but a few down. As for the up side, the hotel was in a very convenient location and there were many nearby restaurants and shops. The rooms were very nice and clean. Staff was very kind and helpful. This was a very nice place to stay. However, breakfast and the pool/hot tub were a problem. The breakfast is located right next to the lobby, which is bad placement. Also, certain food items kept running out and someone had to tell a staff member at the front desk, before they put in more of that food or plates. Next, the pool and hot tub are in seperate buildings. I stayed in the building where the hot tub was right down the hall. However to get to the pool, you had to run across a lawn. There is no point in a heated indoor swimming pool, if you must run across a lawn on a cold night to get there. But overall, our stay was great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property.It is true that our Presidential building stands alone and you have to go outside to get to the pool.That building does have our largest rooms.We have many other rooms that are in the same building as the pool if you would like to stay in one of those rooms the next time you visit us.
I have spoken to the breakfast attendants concerning re-filling the breakfast in a more timely manner and I appreciate it you bringing it to our attention
Dudley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I booked a stay here for two weeks through Priceline. The room was spacious, clean, and accommodating. The price was more than reasonable. There were a few things I noticed however such as the strangely eroded end of the toilet seat in Room 122. When I got switched over to room 121 the wall outlet near the bed was cracked inward and there was boot prints beneath my mattress. The staff was professional and friendly. After being locked out of my room the staff was quick to accommodate the change. I guess it was my fault when the maintenance worker asked me to hold the door handle down while he attempted to kick the door in. I didn't appreciate being kicked in the hand however especially while on vacation and when my hand was out of the way. There were a few other moments that were bothersome such as the cold sausage gruel served at breakfast on one morning and the lapse of secure doors. Some back end doors that required a key card I could simply open. The convenience store ice cream specifically the push pops were disgusting. The one I bought was all gooey from not being rotated.

Aside from those minor issues everything was great! Breakfast served early. Open pool. Good central location near a gas station, supermarket, and restaurants. Quiet rooms. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking to time to review your stay with us.I have met the engineer to address your concerns about the locks and they have been fixed along with the issues in your room.I hope you will stay with us again and i look forward to meeting you
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here after a day of skiing. Booked through Expedia last minute. Staff was very friendly upon arrival. One small upset was that Expedia told us we were getting a king...no one ever bothered to tell us they didn't have a king available, so we were surprised to be put into two full beds. When I called the front desk all she could say was no kings available and couldn't say anything about the pricing because I booked through Expedia. So, I will be writing to Expedia because I did pay the higher price for the king. Aside from this the only other thing noticed was the bathroom needed updating...mildew under the wallpaper which was stapled to hold it down. For a newly renovated hotel the bathrooms don't match what was renovated. Otherwise we had a nice stay with a nice breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012
gmnicholsvillage, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. I am sorry you did not receive a room with a king bed. I was able to locate the room you were in and our maintenance team has corrected the issue you reported. I am glad you had a pleasant stay otherwise and we look forward to seeing you again.

North Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We come to Clarks Summit only once a year. In previous years we stayed at the Ramada, then someone who lives in PA recommended Nichols Village to me. I decided to try it this time. The service at the front desk was great. The took my request for a quiet room with a nice view into consideration. The room was neat & comfortable, view was of back yard, not the highway. The bed was comfy, bath was normal size with double vanity. Flat screen tv, not too many channels, but we did not go to PA to watch TV. I wish that I could stay there longer to try the spa and eat at the restaurant next door, but no time this year. I bet the back yard looks pretty in the spring & summer, but we were there with snow on the ground. Not much to see. Only complaint is that the wi-fi needs a booster, weak signal on the 4th floor.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
gmnicholsvillage, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and was able to meet your request. I will ask our Wifi support to check the signal levels on the forth floor so others do not experience the same.

Again, thank you for choosing us. We look forward to having you stay with us for a longer visit in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011 via mobile

Went to a concert in Wilkes barre on the night of the 16th, booked one night in a basic king room on hotels.com. Got a great value on the room and the reviews were all very positive so I was very much looking forward to spending the night here. Got there Pretty late with my girl friend due to the concert, lobby was very tiny but more then fine. The gentleman at the front desk was nice and helpful, told us our room was in the main building, I believe on the third floor. The room was not as nice as the web site makes it seem it's going to be but was still fine and more then acceptable. The bathroom was a little outdated but again pretty clean, no problems. The problem came at 3 am when me and my girlfriend woke up itching non stop. The sheets did seem clean and I didn't see any bites or anything like that, however the itching continued all night long and did not aloe either of us sleep peacefully all night. I seem to be the only one with this complaint and I hope it was just a one time thing. I do look forward to coming back if ever in the area again. I admire that the new GM comments back on every post and I'm sure this hotel will only grow in all ways due to great service as you can see and in locafion

• Stayed December 2011
gmnicholsvillage, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
I am very sorry for the lack of sleep you received and for my delay in replying. I am not sure what caused your irritation. I do hope this was a one time event and I have not had this complaint before or since. Our concert venues get many great acts through the year and we look forward to seeing you again.
lancaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We booked our stay thru Priceline - Name you own price. We got a great deal. Our King Rroom was clean and fresh. Hallways well lit and clean. . Our room was on the fourth floor. Very quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. No negative issues. Breakfast items were adequate, what you would expect for continental breakfast at most chain-like. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
gmnicholsvillage, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Nichols Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!