“Great "adult" atmosphere and good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
State Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Winola Rd.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Great "adult" atmosphere and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

A bit small on the inside, and DON'T get a table near the kitchen window, especially when they are having any sort of seafood special...ick. The outside area is especially nice and when it's cooler outside the heaters make it nice and cozy. The drinks are a bit pricey...but the service is good. The food selection is interesting and I really want to try more of it.

I had a panini:
Gouda – crispy bacon, spinach, roasted tomatoes, portabella, smoked gouda, garlicky
bread crumbs $9.25
It was delecious!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a beautiful meal outside. I will definately return when the weather gets nicer. The meal was excellent.

Visited June 2012
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“State Street (Cramped) Grill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

State street grill is a place I used to go very frequently, however the service has really gone downhill. Although I love the atmosphere, I believe it creates a pompous feel within the restaurant. Everything is so cramped, and when you sit anywhere you are on top of other parties in the restaurant. I went here on my first date and they put us at a high top table where we could barely fit our drinks and an appetizer. The food was good, but different. You have to really like to eat outside of your comfort zone, because they pair things that might not make that much sense but somehow taste great. I think that overall they really need to expand in some way. They have a great outdoor seating area in the summer, but the winter it is just impossible to feel comfortable in such a cramped space.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Nice Atmosphere but………. the Worst Caesar Salad Dressing We Ever Had”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife & I decided to have dinner at State Street Grill on Saturday night around 5 pm. Upon arrival, we were seated immediately in the rear dining area. I must admit, we felt very cozy in the rear dining area. The atmosphere was great also. We had a real nice server who came back to our table a number of times to make sure everything was ok. But, when our meals arrived, two chicken caesar salads, we were very disappointed. The salad came with a garlic bread stick but it lacked parmesan cheese. The dressing was white & creamy, but it tasted more like plain mayonnaise. I did order an extra side of dressing but it almost looked like there was an oily, yellowish film on top. Maybe it was homemade, I’m just not sure. Anyway, it was probably the worst Caesar dressing we ever tried. Our meal was a big disappointment.
Our favorite restaurants for chicken Caesar salad are Twigs in Tunkhannock & Damon’s in Clarks Summit, PA. & Torches on the Hudson, Newburgh, NY.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Where the Locals Flock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Always evolving, always creative...this favorite place for locals delivers consistently good food, great atmosphere, welcoming service. One of the few places for outdoor dining, it's a go-to for both lunch and dinner when the sun shines. Outdoor heaters help us extend the summer. Winners across the menu, from creative soups, salads, flatbreads, sandwiches. Everything fresh. Entrees also offered, but can't speak to them. Can't miss here.

• Visited September 2012