“Cute, clean, comfy room with character.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Fort Myers, Florida
“Cute, clean, comfy room with character.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Very cute clean room with a lot if character. Our room had vaulted ceilings , updated modern furniture, granite tile and with a big window overlooking town. We got there in the middle of the nite and they let us check out late. Very accommodating.:) nice surprise:)

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I did not want to stop at this hotel. But I was told the rate would be a lot less than it was. I don't mind paying for quality, we just needed a place to stay for a night. I would not return. It is in serious need to being redone. Nothing was wrong. It just was not a great place to stay. The room was cold and the beds uncomfortable. Keep driving.

• Stayed January 2013
Endicott, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here over Nichols Village because it was about $10 cheaper...big mistake! My husband and I travel for a weekend get-away/ Christmas shopping. They upgraded our room (big deal - we got a balcony in winter - you can't enjoy a balcony in the winter!). The breakfast really sucked! The English Muffins served were like hockey pucks! Anyway everything was Ok until our 2nd day there, we found a bed bug. It squashed blood! GROSS! We told the manager and he was very non-chalant about it, although he admitted it was gross! A couple days later my husband broke out with HUNDREDS (literally HUNDREDS) of bites!!! We called the manager and complained after we were home. He said he would call us back...never did. We'll NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Nothing wrong with this motel..perhaps a little old but certainly very clean, very helpful desk person , takes pets, good location , no breakfast as such except for coffee and pastries but just below the motel is a family restaurant with a huge breakfast menu and open at seven.Senior rate was $66 plus tax so very good value.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

In this case you get what you pay for. Although my bed was comfortable, the room was in need of repair and cleaning (the bathroom). Parking is limited as is seating in the breakfast room. While pleasant enough, the check in attendant was not overly helpful, for example not telling me about the continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Massena, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Took a trip to see my boyfriend and we stayed at the EconoLodge in Clarks Summit, PA. Check-in was easy, we got a room with a king size bed, attendant was nice and pleasant although he didn't mention to us the times for breakfast. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room as the size, it was quite small, and there is a strong musky odor that hits you right in the face, however you get used to it once you've been in the room for a few minutes. There was not a microwave in the room, you have to pay extra to rent a refrigerator if you want one. The TV worked fine, nothing fancy, but quite a lot of channels. The bed was comfortable although I noticed that the box frame for the king size mattress was actually two twin size box frames pushed together. The maid came in our room two different days and made our bed and gave us fresh towels but the sheets were never changed on our bed because there was a very distinct stain on one of the sheets and it was there all of the nights. Two of the lights in our room didn't work at all but it didn't really matter because there were about 6 other lights in the room. The sink was fine, water pressure was good, big mirror, Bathroom was minimal and very small, walk in shower only, no extra room to move around just enough to get clean. We had major issues with the toilet, the water would run forever and the tank would not fill up, and randomly it would start filling finally and then we could flush it again. The shelf above the coat rack was covered in dust, probably hadn't been wiped in a few years. There wasn't even an alarm clock to wake us up in the morning. You could see light from outside coming through a crack in the wall around the air conditioner. The room didn't get very cold with the air turned on. Our last evening there my boyfriend was eating a couple of cookies, and he left one in the wrapper on the end stand while we were watching TV. Probably an hour later we noticed ants on the end stand, The entire cookie wrapper was infested with aunts and we found a few in our bed. The hotel was tolerable I guess but I probably would not stay there again. I'd rather pay a little bit extra to stay somewhere cleaner and with better amenities and in better condition.

Room Tip: Try to find somewhere else if you can afford it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hop Bottom, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

After having bad xperiances was in need of a ferret friendly motel sat woul take my 7 children n pug at da same time upon Fallon the sweet lady at the desk booked my room a decent room bathroom could use improvement but over lOoked the small dangerous bathroom should have a better shower curtan floor gets soaked n need to dry it so u won't be seriously hurt made knocked on door 8 Am on da dot next morning n barley speaks english n I don't honk he understood we just got the afternoon b4 n didn't need anything. N where in bed so the sweet lady had our room be put as the last room to be cleaned at my request she offers it b4i got the words completely out she loved watching me walk my pug n was very interested in my ferrets I had many chats with her I enjoyed her conversations a lot then I xtend my stay wih her son who was workin nite n I told home that I would like to keep my room keys cu my fieance makes guitar picks out of them n was I treaties of the pick punch my fieance has. The sweet lady a day later informed me we. Had to move down he other. End of da lot cus. Our shower was leaking in her basement so I did bv she was helpful the lady who was here today 2 dif lady's was sweet too she took Time out to make. The move easy havin new room cleaned quick n the air conditioner didn't work my fieance Needs da cool air bf of his diabeties n bv of my 7 fur kids are in a dl dog Crate n need the ventilation I mentiond this to the 2nd sweet lady her response I was very worried bout u 2. Had him fix the air witch worlked like a charm after I enjoyed this Tim here better than the sucky first time years ago. Love the 2 sweet lady's I had countless talks with Will stay again

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Econo Lodge Clarks Summit? Share your experiences!