“Great Location if you are skiing at Elk Mountain” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Clarks Summit
york pa
“Great Location if you are skiing at Elk Mountain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Good basic hotel. Comfortable beds. Room was clean. Newer TV. Slow internet. No hot tub at the pool. If traveling North on I-81 take the Turnpike below Scranton and Hotel is right where the turnpike ends. You will miss the traffic on 81.

Good selection of decent restaurants in Clarks Summit. The wi-fi was slow. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are that far from the elevators. Fitness center and breakfast room are on the sec...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brooklyn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I came in around October 11th, 2011 for a college reunion. While most of the staff I interacted with were very nice and even professional, the hotel itself is a dump. Everything is dirty, you cannot escape the odors. The elevators smell like ashtrays and my hallway smelled like stale Scent Trees. It was so bad (the Scent Tree) that it seeped into my room. Forcing me to unscrew the window locks and open the windows for fresh air. My sheets and blanket felt greasy, the room carpet was stained to capacity and the bathroom was peeling paint and had mold. It ranks right up there with Circus-Circus in Las Vegas which is a *expletive*-hole La Grande. The Ramada in Clarks Summit needs to renovate. Badly! They should also put in air exchangers if they intend to keep it a smoking-friendly lodging. Why anyone would give this place a good rating is beyond me. You're better off spending the extra money on the Hampton Inn next door, or parking your car across the street in one of the mini-mall lots and titling the seats all the way back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
newyork
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed at the Ramada for 1 night(Thank God) for a sweet 16 party. Upon entering the hotel, we went straight up to the room on the 5th fl. I always pull the bedspread off the bed at any hotel. The blanket underneath was ripped like someone took a bite of it. There were cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling. As I ironed our clothes for the party, my husb decided to take the kids for a swim. they were in there no longer than 10min before they noticed worms were in the pool. Really worms??? My husb then got the net and fished them out and sure enough they really were worms. As my husb is talking to someone in the lobby a man overhears and says" o thats ok the birds bring them in. What? how do birds get in to an enclosed pool? he then says last year there were field mice running in the lobby but they didnt bother anyone. lol. I am happy to say this was and will be my only time staying at this place. The only good thing here was the outdoor gazebo and sitting area, where some family members sat before the party to enjoy a drink.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

if there wasnt a convention going on right now and many hotels booked, i would run and never look back, this place is dirty and reaks of bad adors from pets, cigarettes, and stale mildew smell. i cant understand why some people said nice things, this place is on my top 5 list of DUMPS! I HAVE TO NOW ASK FOR SPRAY TO IMPROVE THE AWFUL ORDOR IN THE ROOM, THESE ROOMS LOOK LIKE THEY HAVENT GOTTEN NEW BEDS AND FURNITURE IN 25 YEARS AND THATS BEING KIND! DONT STAY HERE, TOMORROW MORNING WE ARE GONE, THIS HOTEL REALLY SUCKS HONESTLY

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
olyphant , pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Just attended a convention at this hotel and it was the best. The staff was top notch in meeting our needs. Jen and Frank were meticulous with the dining rooms. Meals were served quickly . This was the best banquet food ever! The owner was very hands on in making us comfortable. Check in and out was quick. The staff was like a new group of friends. Clean rooms. Good internet. Not one lady in our group was disappointed by this hotel...and we can be a tough group. We look forward to going here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Massapequa, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

The hotel is nice on the outside, and well taken care of, but once you get away from the lobby you notice it's been awhile since it was renovated (or built). Pink hallways, painted over signs and fixtures, old doors, etc. Inside the room they have updated all the easy items, new flat panel t, shower head, shower curtain, but there is a decent amount of mold in the shower/bath, the drain was clogged, old fixtures and furniture, but I would stay here again for the price and connivence.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

On the surface the hotel wasn't a bad deal. We stayed for $59.00/night with coupons picked up at a rest area on the highway. That's a pretty good deal these days. However, as I was getting ready to go to bed I noticed hair on the inside of the comforter. As I looked further I notice a pubic hair, eyelash, head hair, etc. At 11pm, I decided to just throw on clothes and sleep in my bed since I was tired and didn't want to waste time having someone change the sheets. The fitness room consisted of two poor machines in one of the old hotel rooms. The business center only had one computer, which was always busy, so I never got to you use it. The continental breakfast was also in a converted hotel room, and it was packed with little room to move around. My coffee pot also almost overflowed in the morning. That could have been my own fault, not sure though. The bathtub didn't drain well, and I took part of my shower in ankle deep water. The coffee in the main entrance and in the rooms was pretty poor as well. This hotel wasn't a bad deal, but just thought I'd let others know of my experience that could have been better.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Clarks Summit? Share your experiences!