“comforts of home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Clarks Summit
Keansburg, New Jersey
“comforts of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here while visiting my son at college, I could not say one negative thing about my stay. The staff was WONDERFUL, my check- in was fast, my room was spotless and odor free, the breakfast was great, so many choices to choose from, waffles, to hot or cold cereals, to fresh muffins and yogurt. just to mention a few of the items.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and look forward to my next stay with them,
I rate the comfort inn of clarks summit 5 star!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dan E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you! We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to yur next visit.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Our stay was nice, room was clean and the staff was great, will def stay here again

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dan E, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thanks for the kind words!
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Dirty old rooms ! Our door would not lock and we felt unsecure! Terrible experience at this hotel! Never again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Stryker, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We booked this hotel online, however, we did not take the time to read reviews. We simply looked at the online pictures and found that the price was affordable. Well, those pictures must have been Photo Shopped and you get what you paid for!

On the positive side, the staff was very friendly and courteous. They were some of the nicest people in Clarks Summitt. And, though the breakfast was small and the eating area even smaller, the food was good. That ends the positives.

The outside could best be described as dumpy and dirty. Upon entering the hallway to the elevator, you were greeted by a sickening smell of lemon pledge combined with 3-in-1 oil. The smell got stronger as you went up, almost to the point of nausea.

When we entered the room, it was a disappointment. Mold was on the ceiling above the window, perhaps from a leaky AC unit on the floor above. The bathroom had crud in the corners. The room smelled stale. And, when we left, I always check under the bed to make sure nothing is left behind. I found a beer bottle cap, swizzle stick, and a few other items, indicating that this room was NOT cleaned from previous occupants.

Our room was on the 3rd floor -- non smoking. However, in the middle of the night, we smelled cigarrette smoke. The management said it must be coming from the 4th floor (only smoking floor) through the bathroom vent.

We checked in on a Friday. Immediately, I started calling other area hotels to make a reservation for the remainder of our stay. Of course, all other hotels were booked and we were stuck.

I sure wish that I had found this website and read the reviews prior to our trip. This was a lesson learned and I hope that others will read this and not make the same mistake I did!

Room Tip: If you are looking at this hotel, keep looking! Don't settle!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sanborn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This Comfort Inn is good for an overnight stop, not a long vacation. Clarks Summit is a busy area at the junction of I-81 and I-476, the turnpike. The motel is good, not great. But for a good sleep, a shower, and breakfast, which you need while traveling. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We booked this hotel as it was on the recommended list from the camp my children are attending for the next two weeks.

We immediately noticed that the lobby/dining area was quite small (only 3 or 4 tables along the wall) and that the property had an unpleasant odor but the young man at the counter was very polite so I was willing to overlook it. BAD decision.

Upon entering the elevator (which was terribly small as noted in another review) the odor got worse and when we entered our room it smelled like a cat's litter box.

I usually check our hotels for mildew, bedbugs, etc and this time was no different. Thank God I looked. Within 5 minutes of checking in we were out of the room! I found roaming bedbugs on the mattress and told everyone to get out of the room immediately. This is a very current review as we just left this hotel and are now checked in across the street at a hotel with very good reviews . Thank you Tripadvisor!

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I found the hotel to be alright; just below average for the hotel and for the price paid. Though to be fair, most other hotels in the area charge more. The hotel could use renovation. There was free wireless (mandatory in my book) and breakfast in the morning, which was fine. Just, average.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!